Universal Capitals - Free Word Battle (by Nimblebit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by eeenmachine, May 15, 2015.

1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Thanks for clarifying. In this case it doesn't feel like much of a difference to have 3 or 5 lives available. I'd still rather go for infinite lives even though you're probably right it's not necessary. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be more than managable with limited lives anyway, once hype of a new release is gone. Considering to support you with an IAP, I'd rather go for customization. It just feels like a much better deal to me from where I'm standing. Let me make up my mind by playing a few more games...

2. peon2000

peon2000 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Ok so here's a weird addition to the issue.
    I was at 4 and when the countdown timer finished it went down to three instead of up to five... Now it's sitting at 3 again with no timer
    Very odd

3. NimbleDave

NimbleDave Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2015
    Co-Owner, NimbleBit
    San Diego, CA
    Ok, we should definitely be able to track this down and fix it in the next update.

4. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    One other minor bug to squash: if a friend invites you to a game and you open it with no lives and a few seconds left on the countdown, you can't play a move even after the countdown runs out, unless you quit back to the menu.

Also, it's a shame that an opponent leaving a game doesn't count as a victory towards the 8 in a row achievement. I had eight in a row including 1 quit.

I didn't want to avoid playing my move in a game I was losing, so ended my streak there, but I worry that these achievements will act as a disincentive for people to complete games they are losing.

5. projectmoonlightcafe

projectmoonlightcafe Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    #65 projectmoonlightcafe, May 21, 2015
    Last edited: May 21, 2015
    I have all these waiting games. How do I delete them?

Never mind I figured it out. Apparently you need to play your first word before someone can join

6. Fedorov

Fedorov Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Bought the icon customise to support you guys - was about time we had a decent asynchronous online game with words. BRILLIANT

7. edwin.ramirez

edwin.ramirez Member

Sep 11, 2013
    Hate to be that guy; but when will this come out for Android?

8. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I do not accept "zoolater" as a word. No.

9. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    Not sure, we're still focused on iOS at the moment.

10. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    See also: unnails, Panzer (proper noun), and most of the words Testopi has played against me so far!

11. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Looking for other TA players, my GC is
    vic sark

Pardon my French (literally lol) as English is not my native language, I might use strange words from another continent that miraculously translated in english ;)

12. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Sorry I haven't been playing you back, we were crunching to get an update submitted!

13. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Happy to play again if you want to send me a challenge. I have no hearts myself at the moment.

I dread to think how I'd get on playing in French, although I do sometimes find French words which are longer than any of the English words I can find.

14. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    2:30 here, I guess I shall call it a night though, tomorrow will be a new day for 3 letter words ;)

Thks to the Marsh Bros for a brilliant game once again. Fun to play directly with devs, no pb @eeen you're excused to work on updates lol :D

I'm still wondering which IAP I would get to support your Tesla recharges, as it seems you made again a free game that doesn't really need IAP.

Also wondering why you didn't go for the video ads for a life that seem to be the usual deal right now in FTP? Video Prices are down or just experimenting?

15. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    We still might end up adding them but wanted to see how the IAP did on their own.

16. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    #76 triggywiggy, May 22, 2015
    Last edited: May 22, 2015
    NimbleBit you have done it again! WOOOOOOOOOO :D

I like
    - The style. It's simple, easy to view, and easy to understand what is happening and where everything is.
    - Stats. I like how I can see how many games I have played, and my Win/Loss ratio.
    - Local multiplayer. Where has this been! For a long time I have been looking for a good local multiplayer device to play and one has finally delivered. BRAVO!
    - Uniqueness. Its very, very unique. Plays a bit like a words with friends cross capture game and works very well. The feeling you get when you come back from being behind is great!

I dont like
    - Waiting for others to play. They take so long!
    - Lives. I understand this is here for you to make money. But I wish I could have started with more.

Some suggestions
    - Time limits. I don't know if you wanted it to be a game where people could play a round every once in a while but I found it incredibly irritating waiting for someone to play a turn. Without the time limits people will most likely go off and gold for words they can come up with and as a result cheat which will break the game.
    - Reward people who invite others to the game and reward them further when the users they invited have downloaded it.
    - Reward for winning games. At the moment it feels like I win YAY but that is about it. I don't get a life or anything and bragging rights against a random opponent means nothing. Maybe gain a life for winning a game and lose it for not winning?
    - In game chat. So I can brag to my opponent :p

17. Testopi

Testopi Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Pabulum is a word. ;)

Great Game!

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Legit feel bad. :( I beat a random opponent with the word "Lose". :p Bwahahahaha, awesome!!!

19. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Ha! That was the one. Cheers. I was meaning to look it up and find out what it meant but forgot what it was.

20. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    The more I play this game the better it gets! I just wish I didn't have to wait half an hour at a time to play it. :(