Universal Capitalism Quest (by Steve O'Gorman)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 11, 2015.

1. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Yay, trains! :D

I sure hope once all updates are out and the world has settled that there's a report/animated GIF/whatever - I bet you're having a ton of fun watching the world develop...

Thanks for the update, Steve!

2. gormster

gormster Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2011
    The figures have slowed down a little as we run out of room for players to build major cities. We're up to 73553 developed tiles now, so getting very close to 30% coverage.

3. chnaww

chnaww Member

Feb 12, 2015
    Good to see there's still active players ^^.

Are you able to show us an overwiew of the whole map how it looks ?

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Found a nice spot for a castle, but then I realized decorative tiles are a buck apiece, so I just settled for one block. :eek:

Sad thing was I didn't even track my happiness gain/loss from it...

5. amywong

amywong Member

Jan 29, 2015
    Yeah. I avoided the decorative tiles for the same reason. Might they go on sale some time?

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    $0.99 is the minimum price (above FREE of course!)

I don't know why I was thinking $x.xx would unlock the decorative tiles (which would then cost resources) but I guess this makes for a decent 'Tip Jar'.

The only bummer is that by the time these appeared, people had already paved all around my 'home area'. :p

7. BradTSS

BradTSS Active Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Hi All,

Been lurking on here for a while.

I just wanted to drop in that I finally finished my project of creating a ring road around the entire outside of the world.

There were some areas that I missed, but tried to keep it continuous as much as possible.

I'm bcummings on Game Center.

Really been enjoying the game in a passive way.

8. gormster

Sep 24, 2011
    Good stuff! I had noticed this coming together.

Looking forward to seeing what kinds of engineering projects you guys attempt once rail arrives in the next update!

'Tip Jar' is exactly what I was going for. Maybe I need to update the wording in the game a little to make it clear that I'm not keeping functional tiles behind a paywall...

And yeah, I struggled to settle on a price. Ideally I'd sell them for half of what the are, but that's as low as Apple will let me go. Plus I didn't want to do some sort of additional premium currency as it'd put too much attention on something which is supposed to be optional.

9. gormster

Sep 24, 2011
    1.2, The Industrial Age Update is now available.
    Hope you guys are ready to embark on some coal-fuelled colonialism!

10. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Neat!

Though it'll probably be tomorrow that I'll be checking it out... :eek:

11. chnaww

chnaww Member

Feb 12, 2015
    I cant build anything ? It says unable to connect to server

12. gormster

Sep 24, 2011
    Hmm. Is it the 'Loading additional data from server' message?

That particular data-synch relies partially on a third party, so it can occasionally get held up. None of that part of the app was changed in this update, but let me know if it persists and what messages you get.

13. chnaww

chnaww Member

Feb 12, 2015
    I got "unable to connect. Please check ur internet connection"

Well now i got nothing left. I re installed the game and couldnt restore back my account . Any clue ?

14. gormster

Sep 24, 2011
    Anybody else had similar issues to chnaww? Let me know in a PM and I'll see what I can do to help.

I'm very happy to see that somebody's already attempting to build a trans-oceanic rail bridge at y100!

15. AimStriker

AimStriker New Member

Apr 3, 2015
    This has happen to me twice already. The first time it was a whole week intill I decided to redownload the game and again a few days ago.

16. gormster

Sep 24, 2011
    Been PMing with chnaww. Seems like everything is working for them again and by the sounds of things they didn't need to delete the app. It just kind of works again?

This bug doesn't make total sense to me as they were able to do stuff like buying and selling houses but not build, despite the error handler being the same when connecting to do either.

I've submitted an update to Apple which adds more information to the error messages, so once that's released I should have a better idea of what's causing the issue as players can tell me which error code they see.

Until then, I'll keep looking, but have yet to see it happen on any of my devices.

17. bazola

bazola Active Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Any chance that the lag can be eliminated? I think that the multiple second wait after moving screens or doing certain other actions is what really drove people away from the game. Otherwise it was great fun.

18. gormster

Sep 24, 2011
    Just a quick heads up that I'm looking for early access players for another tile based miniature simulation game I cooked up:

Try Democracy Quest!

19. gormster

Sep 24, 2011