Universal Capitalism Quest (by Steve O'Gorman)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 11, 2015.

1. ingenii

ingenii Member

Feb 17, 2015
    No one does megaprojects like you, chnaww.

2. markaman

markaman Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2013
    You may have the largest market, but not the cheapest that would be in my city ;)

3. chnaww

chnaww Member

Feb 12, 2015
    You re a more charitable capitalist than me, you deserve it.

I will now build, as a greedy guy, the biggest city on this world, i can build up to 500 luxury house per day. Not sure how long i ll be able to keep up the pace tho

4. markaman

markaman Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Wow that's a lot of houses. I'll look forward to seeing how it turns out

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Thanks! :D

Yikes! :eek:

Funny how wood ends up being more valuable in the end-game (presuming end-game means building markets and luxury houses...)

6. ingenii

ingenii Member

Feb 17, 2015
    It also the easiest to harvest and the only resource that we are able to create more of on the map, so it may still balance out. Supply and demand!

7. veryfunnyboy

veryfunnyboy New Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Currently building houses and selling them for free around x89 y237. Currently only 11 built, but I'm planning to make more.

8. chnaww

chnaww Member

Feb 12, 2015
    That is what i generated after 65h in ressources

65000 woods
    70000 stones
    72000 irons

I may have overmined a bit.

I m getting bored collecting ressources.

My town is about to be completed and i will expand my markets and keep ressources at lowest prices.

9. ingenii

ingenii Member

Feb 17, 2015
    One thing I have noticed about this game is that you can get a steady supply of resources coming in with only a couple of screens worth of tiles. I'm trying to maximize Charity, so every tile I claim means buying a few more forests, so I am trying not to claim more than I need. Despite that, I feel I have too many iron mines already, and have been travelling farther and farther afield to find a good price to sell it at. I foresee a glut of resources on the markets of the world in the not too distant future.

10. gormster

gormster Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2011
    The small desert building update I mentioned is out now, plus a few other fixes.

That should be the last of the post launch fixes. Now I can get started on some more exciting content updates at last!

11. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    I was just coming here to let everyone know the update was out :)

12. chnaww

chnaww Member

Feb 12, 2015
    Looking forward to it.

13. Odach

Odach Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Is there any plan to speed up gameplay? Collecting resources turned into a huge chore after just a couple days...I couldn't get myself to keep coming back just so I could spend 30 minutes painfully collecting resourced and then 5 minutes spending what I gathered. Not just does it take a long time, but the lag is painful to deal with and the UI is non existent (no way to know what is ready to harvest). And that just gets worse the more you build. I really love the idea of the game, but I can't see it lasting very long if this stays as is...I couldn't even stick with it for more than two or three days and I'm a glutton for punishment (for example I stuck with Seabeard for longer than a month).

Kudos for coming up with the idea and taking it as far as you did... Really hoping this gets improved sooner rather than later so that I can go back to enjoying it.

14. gormster

Sep 24, 2011
    Frankly I never expected players to build such huge resource operations!

Part of my design was that players would eventually play more passively over a longer period of time, rather than having to visit daily. For example, resources can be left up to between 5 and 10 days without being harvested, and houses continue growing in value even if you don't play for a year, or even longer.

I do have some notion of 'mechanised harvesting' in the back of my mind, but it definitely needs a lot of thought and may never happen.

15. chnaww

chnaww Member

Feb 12, 2015
    What happen if we don't collect for 10 days then ?

Will it be possible to take into consideration the value of houses in the calculation of the wealth ?

16. gormster

Sep 24, 2011
    Uncollected resource tiles top out at 250 units.

Nah. That'd ruin the whole patience-reward mechanism of deciding when to sell, even if its not all that realistic!

17. gormster

Sep 24, 2011
    Just a quick update to let everyone know I'm still working on those promised updates! The first smaller 1.1 update has been done for a while, I'm just having some teething issues getting it onto the App Store.

Once that's finally resolved I can continue work on the major 1.2 update, which will introduce coal, and the dawn of an industrial age to Capitalism Quest!

Finally, I thought it was about time for a stats update:

You guys have now built 69764 individual non-forest tiles! That's 28% of the entire game map! Despite this, there are still 19331 forests, covering the same 7% of the map as last time, so good job philanthropic forest planters!

18. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Wow.

I've got to find some time to play this again somehow...

19. gormster

Sep 24, 2011
    Version 1.1 just got released, with some changes to how the game initially connects to the game server, which should hopefully reduce waiting around.

There are also some optional decorative tiles, available for users who want to help support future development of the game. They are all purely cosmetic, so don't go panicking that pay-to-win has reared it's ugly head!

Finally, here's a sneak peak at the Industrial Age that's coming soon to Capitalism Quest! Look forward to it!

[​IMG]

20. chnaww

chnaww Member

Feb 12, 2015
    New building, sounds interesting.

Any statistic about active players ? Let s say on a weekly basis ?