Universal Capitalism Quest (by Steve O'Gorman)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    I didn't spend any resources yesterday and then today I built a ton of mines and lumber yards. Next go around I may create the ultimate subdivision.

2. Walter Coots

Walter Coots New Member

Feb 17, 2015
    #122 Walter Coots, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    First time poster on the TouchArcade forums, and mainly just signed up to say that I'm really enjoying the game. I mentioned it in a blog entry on some of my favorite underrated mobile games.

I've played on both my iPad and my iPhone, and have found that currency, location, charity, and resources do not seem to carry over from one device to another. I thought it may have just been device-based, but I had to reformat my phone this morning due to a weird iOS sync problem, and was sad to see that everything was set back to zero for me. Perhaps I at least still own the same tiles, etc.

3. ingenii

ingenii Member

Feb 17, 2015
    I'm really enjoying the game and looking forward to seeing where it goes from here. My most wanted feature would be something to do with desert tiles other than just paving them over. Maybe 50 gold to plant them with grass seeds in preparation of improving them further?

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Or at least let you place markets there!

5. gormster

gormster Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2011
    I actually just today submitted an update to allow building on deserts! I originally had a different plan for them in the future, but I changed my mind.

Yup. Resources and money are tied to the device, but tile ownership is tied in to your Game Center account, so you still own those at least. Apologies for lack of iCloud support at this time. I tried a few posts back (although can't say how well!) to explain why I didn't include such a feature, due to underestimating interest in my odd little game!

6. Pyroknight

Pyroknight Member

Mar 31, 2014
    Are resources owned supposed to be tied to Game Center accounts? It doesn't appear to be like that for me.

7. chnaww

chnaww Member

Feb 12, 2015
    -100 000 happiness done here. I m going the way upside down.

8. ingenii

ingenii Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Nice! Thank you. Keep the updates coming!

9. gormster

Sep 24, 2011
    As we approach 1 week since launch, just though I'd share some stats for those interested:

- So far players have built 32860 tiles, covering 13% of the entire game world.
    - There are about 19000 unspoilt forests left, covering 7% of the world.
    - There are 13575 road tiles, meaning that 5% of the world has been paved over.

10. chnaww

chnaww Member

Feb 12, 2015
    Will the map be extended once it gets fully covered ?
    I d love to see more stats about the game. I'm not interested in charity so far. And looking at bottom leaderbord to spy evil challengers is a pain.

11. gormster

Sep 24, 2011
    It'll probably have to happen at some point if people keep on playing, but not any time soon.

So play nice with what land you guys have for now!

12. ingenii

ingenii Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Sounds like we're going to need a bigger world soon!

13. ingenii

ingenii Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Would it be possible to get the number of house tiles for the world too, so we can see what the population is like? I've about reached the point where I have enough resources coming in, and I'm now starting to make more houses instead.

I'm also finished connecting my market to all the other nearby markets, and am now taking my road building much farther afield.

14. divincenzo

divincenzo Active Member

Sep 14, 2012
    what resource do i need to build to allow me to keep more money on hand.

15. gormster

Sep 24, 2011
    Hi divincenzo.

The 50 gold limit is only for gold earned by walking around. Ways you can earn additional money include:

- Buying a forest, then selling the wood it produces at a market.
    - Building a house, then selling it later when it has increased in value.

16. Cravz

Cravz Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Bug with map?

Gormster,

I walked to the edge of the map for the first time then went back to my usual area. But when I got back to my usual area the entire map was shifted up several rows.

I closed the app and relaunched it, but the map was still shifted in a way it had never been before.

Is there a way to fix the map?

17. markaman

markaman Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Same thing happened to me and I still haven't been able to fix it. I am actually use to it now and it actually looks better, for me at least. I did figure out that if you go to the opposite edge you can move the map back a little bit, but I never managed to get it back to the original way.

18. Cravz

Cravz Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Map Bug

Thanks for the tip Markaman, I guess I'll go for a stroll to see if that helps.

19. ingenii

ingenii Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Don't forget to plant a forest every time you earn 50 gold. On long walks, you can stockpile Charity at no real cost to yourself, since walking gold after the first 50 coins doesn't count.

20. chnaww

chnaww Member

Feb 12, 2015
    Cheapest iron for sale around x60y200
    Starting price is 10/iron
    500 markets about to be built for your own good and wealth.