Capcom: Two new games will be announced tomorrow

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by GDSage, Sep 28, 2010.

1. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    #1 GDSage, Sep 28, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
    http://twitter.com/capcomeuro

Just by coincidence, it is the same day and even time (just after) the Nintendo 3DS briefing in Japan. So chances are it's for that.

EDIT: Titles have now been announced

Mega Man Legends 3 for 3DS
    Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D for 3DS (so that's two RE games for 3DS)

2. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Please be powerstone for iPhone!!! :D:D:D

Highly doubt it will be anything that awesome but I can dream...:(

3. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    3D DEMON'S CREST REMAKE!!!!! NAOOOOOOO!!!!

Or a whole new Demon's Crest game in general would be insane.

4. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Super Duper SFIV Turbo Ultra Hyper Fighting Arcade Edition.

5. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I know what these games are, and the titles are going to be meaningless until we see how they actually play. Capcom is so incredibly hit or miss on the App Store I don't even know whether to be excited or not yet!!!

6. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Oh neat. Atleast you are confirming these titles will be for iPhone. Guess we'll find out rest of the details tomm :)

7. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Oh wait nevermind I don't think it's the iPhone games that are being announced tomorrow.

8. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Aaarrrghhhhhh. >.<

9. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Bit of an odd time to post news of announcements (that will be made elsewhere) for other platforms. The time the news of these announcements will be posted up online is right after Nintendo's media briefing in Japan.

10. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Apparently, according to Inafune's recent comments about 'wanting to make a game he's always wanted to make' one title could be Mega Man Legends 3.

11. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Titles have been announced, updated first post.

12. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    MEGAMAN LEGENDS 3?!?!?!?! :eek:

That alone is reason enough for me to buy a 3DS.

13. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    3D be taking over the World.

14. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Nah I doubt it. While I think the 3DS Will be very successful, I don't think it will be more than a trend. That's just how I see it though. I could be very wrong.

15. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I think 3D gaming has far more potential than 3D movies do. When it comes to watching movies I just want great picture quality, and 3D kinda blurs it up a little. It's different with games though since you're directly controling the 3D space yourself, it adds to the immersion as it's being manipulated due to your own actions rather than the actions of a cameraman.

16. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

The insane popularity of 3D movies, at least in the USA, disagrees with you. Many theaters here now don't even run non-3D versions of movies if a 3D version exists.

17. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    It hasn't really done much here. Maybe 1 in 40 films are available in 3D and the cinemas that support it are few and far between. It honestly doesn't look like much more than a slightly upgraded hologram effect to me, like those stickers you could get with a 3D skull face or whatever.

Apparently profits have jumped by 8% due to 3D films, but I think a large part of that is just people going to see it for the first time, wondering what the fuss is about. The more they see it, the less they'll care, then maybe they'll start to crave the picture clarity you only get with 2D screens. Either that or the technology will update and keep everyone hooked.

Either way I think games are where it's at. That's the industry that's always been leading up to 3D technology what with the attempts at virtual reality and augmented reality stuff always getting people's attention. No one ever really considered it for movies until it just happened.

18. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  19. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Oh well maybe you guys just don't have the same theaters, this is what is big in the US- http://www.reald.com/

The 3D effect is really surprisingly good with little to no blurring or color distortion. The only time it's ever really blurry is if you have a shitty seat too far off to the side. I don't think 3D gaming will really take off until 3D TV's at home become mainstream, something I don't really see happening until they figure out how to do it without glasses and a good viewing angle on the cheap.

I mean shit, HDTV is just now starting to catch on in a big way and HDTV's have been available for like... 12 years now?

20. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    We've got a few IMAX's strewn about, but that's it.

I guess the blur I was referring to is really just the camera focus. With CGI films you could have the entire screen in perfect focus and it'd look great in 3D, but when I saw Avatar I found myself constantly looking at the plant life in the foreground... it wasn't being focused on so obviously it was blurry and it made me wonder why they bothered making something 3D when it's out of focus. The effect is supposed to be simulating a real 3D space but you're obviously not getting it if the object is blurry. Games, like CGI would always be in perfect focus.

I know what you mean about the TV's though, I haven't given them a second look. Way, way too expensive. When I say games are where it's at for 3D I'm still talking a few years off yet.