iPad Canyon Rush (Onkaworks)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by OnkaBrian, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnkaBrian

OnkaBrian Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Software Designer / Artist
    Brooklyn, NY

We at Onkaworks are incredibly proud to present our second game Canyon Rush, and it's being released tomorrow, Friday July 20th for free!

We were able to show an early version of it off to Brad from TouchArcade at WWDC and he posted about it and called it "a new runner with a cool hook." Here's our full iTunes description.

We couldn't be more proud and excited to see what you all have to say both here and on the App Store reviews when it's available on July 20th! We'd offer promo codes—but it's free!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Great.. Looking forward to it :)

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Canyon Rush

"'Canyon Rush' Is A New Runner With A Cool Hook" - TouchArcade.com

"Another endless runner to ge…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "'Canyon Rush' Is A New Runner With A Cool Hook" - TouchArcade.com

"Another endless runner to get potentially addicted to." - AppAdvice.com

"It's one of the few that pushes the popular sub-genre forward." - Modojo.com

"An iPhone runner that seems like all the rest until you get your hands on it." - GameTrailers.com

How far across the desert can you go? Conquer hazardous chasms and collect the most coins while speeding across the desert in Canyon Rush, the rowdy runner that tests your reflexes!

Timing is everything! Using an innovative swiping control system, hop side to side or jump ahead to choose the safest—or most rewarding—way forward. But beware of the local wildlife! Poisonous snakes and deadly scorpions guard the course, so dodge these dangerous critters on your journey to the top of the leaderboards.

Need a little help along the way? Take a quick trip to the Canyon Store and fill your backpack with supplies to help you break your record and beat your friends.

Can you defeat the desert’s dangers in a fast‐paced rush to the top?

Features:
    • Innovative swipe-to-dodge mechanic
    • Cartoony graphics made for the retina display
    • Crystal clear high-definition music
    • Game Center Leaderboard—see who can run the furthest
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Jul 20, 2012
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

4. OnkaBrian

OnkaBrian Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Brooklyn, NY
    Thanks Sanuku!

5. OnkaBrian

OnkaBrian Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Brooklyn, NY
  6. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    I'm enjoying this nice little runner but imo they missed the chance to make something really cool out of it. Where are the power ups? As far as I can see it's possible to unlock ONE power-up for 3000coins.. come on, i played 5 games and got 140 coins and.. unlocking a power up? Not a fan of this. Just let them be in the mystery boxes on the beginning and let us upgrade it in the shop. Some achievements would be nice too. And maybe an option to jump with a simple tap. Swiping works fine but it's a bit unfamiliar to swipe for a jump.
    Maybe you plan to update it regularly, that would be nice because Canyon Rush has a lot of potential :)

7. timedblades

timedblades Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    for how long do you intend to give this app for free? my GF and I switched Itouch and i will have her 2nd gen touch for the weekend... the app is compatible with 4.3 and her's is just 4.2...

8. Donald

Donald Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    The art style is very nice. Simple look but great fun.

9. OnkaBrian

OnkaBrian Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Brooklyn, NY
    Thank you! I was responsible for all of the art and was trying a style a bit outside of my comfort zone, so that means a lot! I'm really happy to hear that!

10. OnkaBrian

OnkaBrian Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Brooklyn, NY
    Since we have (optional) IAP, we plan to keep the game free!

11. OnkaBrian

OnkaBrian Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Brooklyn, NY
    Well, we DO plan on updating it regularly :) We actually have the beginnings of quite a few of the things you mentioned in the works. But really glad you're enjoying it!