Can't Say That! - iPhone's Newest Asynchronous Word Game - Pre-Release Promo Codes

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by RussianWorm, Jul 12, 2012.

1. kidclown

kidclown Member

Jul 15, 2012
    And who doesn't want awesome promo codes for awesome games?

2. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    This game is a ton of fun! It's a lot harder then I expected just thinking of what to give as a clue. I like that the words you can't say are really vital to figuring it out 100% I go to use a word and then realize I can't say that! It's a lot of fun trying to think of new things to give as clues. It's also fun trying to figure out what the word is from the clue giver. It's like Draw Something in a way and it has scrambled letters to help you figure the word out. There are also hints which are great if you get stuck. You earn coins just like in Draw Something based on the level of difficulty of the word. You can also spend coins to unlock new word packs. If you do give a word that you can't say it will notify you so it can prevent cheaters, even if the word is mixed in with other letters it will not allow you to give the clue. I did notice that you don't need to give a complete word which could lead to cheating by giving away a few of the first letters of the word. Overall a very fun game and I see it being the next big hit like Draw Something. Great job Fugazo!

3. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    #23 Tannorexic, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
    I'd love to review it. I'm a word game fanatic and a trivia buff.

4. kidclown

kidclown Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Apologies. No one had posted and I'll admit tO padding the post count. Didn't know it was forbidden

5. Tannorexic

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    #25 Tannorexic, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
    I was just trolling dude .. Sorry I thought it'd be funny
    Well double posting isnt supposed to he allowed, but I don't think anyone takes it to seriously

6. RussianWorm

RussianWorm Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Biz-Dev, Marketing, SFX, Sound Design, Front End W
    Seattle
    MGP2: You won! Promo code sent.

kidclown: Not the most legitimate way to earn a promo code but hey, we don't enforce the rules here and you hit post count number #21 so you have been rewarded with a promo code. Enjoy!

JCman7: Thanks for the review! We're really glad you enjoy the game. We'll be adding your comments into the original post as a quote if you don't mind.

Tannorexic: If we aren't able to give away all the codes before launch we'll make sure you get one. Otherwise please stay tuned for your chance to win one of the many codes left!

To everyone, we have changed the remaining winning post counts to make it easier to win so that every fifth post wins a code instead of every tenth post.

Since our post will be number 26, the post count winner will default to the next poster (number 27) and if that poster has already won one, it will default to post after that.

7. 770307547

770307547 Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2012
    I think it would be awesome,I like word game,want to have a code to try. dude

8. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    That's an honor RussianWorm by all means you can use it

9. Tannorexic

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Hmmm not entirely sure how this works now.. Do you mean it'll now go in multiples of 5 (30,35 etc?) or do you mean 27+ 5 (33)?

A little confused >.<

Might just wait for it's release! ^_^

10. Human X

Human X Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    Gamer
    Australia
    #30 Human X, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
    Review for: Can't Say That!

This game is very unique in premise but I have some things I would like to be added for an overall better experience. Some levels with pre-added solutions and forbidden words would make the game different than others of similar gameplay mechanics and more enjoyable. Another thing that would improve it is when forfeiting a level, the word that could not be guessed should be displayed. It is also fun to think of what to write to describe a word. In its entirety, the game is very good and deserves to be commended for its new premise and overall enjoyability.

11. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    I'm a bit confused too.. I saw this read earlier but didn't post because I wasnt sure what the rules are now and I didn't want to ask a dumb question :D

12. Tannorexic

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    I believe there's a quote that goes something like "there's no such thing as a stupid question".. Sadly I don't remember the other half of that quote :p

13. Snozberry

Jan 21, 2012
    Only stupid answers?

Sounds right but doesn't really make much sense.

14. Tannorexic

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Yeah that's the one :D

Anyway, back on topic! Is the release date this Wednesday?

I just checked out the upcoming thread and the dev was talking about a describing an apple, and I was thinking I'd personally describe it as "the brand of the device you are holding currently"

Hery maybe for the next promo code you giveaway you should write a word and have people write how they'd describe it in the game, OR suggest words we would like to see in the game.

Id love to see "smashing pumpkins"

I'd probably describe it as " orange vegetable shrapnel - 90s grunge"

15. kidclown

kidclown Member

Jul 15, 2012
    I'm really digging the game. Its like the $10k pyramid minus Dick Clark, the Pyramid, the 10k.....ok so it's not the the 10k pyramid, but it's still a lot of fun. I don't see much of a difference between difficulty levels though. Maybe the higher the difficulty the amount of words you can't say should increase. Another critique is the font type and size is difficult to read. There are a few other tweaks that may need to be addressed but overall a solid game.

16. RussianWorm

RussianWorm Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Biz-Dev, Marketing, SFX, Sound Design, Front End W
    Seattle
    770307547: I took the #26 post count so your #27 has won! Promo code sent.

Tannorexic: The winning post counts are on the OP and if I post on one of those or somebody else who has already won a code then it simply defaults to the next highest post count until it reaches someone who doesn't have the app.

Yes, release is Wednesday. Haha, good point, didn't even think of that one for some reason but that works as well. Just another example of how versatile each word can be.

We've considered crowd-sourcing for words but have a feeling that we'd have to dig through so many inappropriate words that it simply wouldn't be worth it. Basically we think a feature like that would just be trolled really hard haha.

Human X:"Some levels with pre-added solutions and forbidden words" Not sure what you mean by this, please explain further. There is actually no other game like this at all on the market. There are Taboo style games sure, but none of them allow asynchronous play with anyone in the world.

"Another thing that would improve it is when forfeiting a level, the word that could not be guessed should be displayed" Yes, we've had this come up before and will implement when we have a chance.

Thanks for the review!

Snozberry: Well, you hit post count #31 so that makes you a winner! Promo code sent.

kidclown: Thanks for the feedback! Yes, we've noticed that the word difficulty is very hard to balance because it can vary significantly from person to person and depending on the words you can't say. Because of this, this functionality will never be perfect but averaged over a lot of games we feel it is balanced decently.

17. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    I would appreciate a promo code!

18. Snozberry

Jan 21, 2012
    #38 Snozberry, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
    I just played this game for 20 minutes or so, unfortunately I can't proceed because I have hit the 25 game limit, and no one I have played a game against have responded yet.
    Is there anyway to extend your 25 game limit? I really wanted to play a big bout of this game, not a small interval. Hopefully some people will log in and play soon.
    The first thing I noticed is the game isn't optimized for the iPad screen, which is a bit dissapointing.. On touch arcade iPad borders or x2 mode aren't thought of fondly, you could call it "the black border of death".
    I know it's onky a border, but it immediately reduces the polish of the overall game. And even worse, the ads that pop up after each round are the size of an iPhone screen with just a big empty black space. And there onky seems to be one ad currently. Which is a bit of an overkill seeing the same ad every 30 seconds or so.

So far the gameplay does seem quite fun, it took a while to get used to the character limits at first, but now I'm starting to get the hang of it.
    Some words seem incredibly hard to write clues for, british isles is one particular one I saw that I thought would be terrible to try to describe without using the descriptive words, and that was supposed to be the easiest word of the 3 to choose from!

When you first log in, it asks you to log in with Facebook, but then notifies you that you don't have to, but I could find no way to proceed without logging in to Facebook. (maybe it means you don't have to, you can just not play the game instead).
    Then it also told me it wouldn't spam my Facebook, but when I clicked accept, it said "allow this app to post on my behalf, view my photos and etc"
    Sounding like it might post on my behalf, but hasn't yet, so maybe it means only if i specifically ask it to?

All in all the gameplay is fun and seemingly quite fresh, the social element is great, but no one wants to wait around for hours for people to respond.

Maybe there should be an online function, when you ask to make a random game, that you get paired with someone who is currently online, or maybe there can be some sort of computer player round, or campaign mode for when no one is online. I'd like to see some preset clues in which you have to guess, maybe there could later on be a hall of fame, people can rate other people's clues, and if it gets 5 stars it gets put into a pool where other people can play it, and rate it, and the highest rated clues can be added to compaign mode in updates.

I also think the game could benefit if there was some sort of chat or communication, I know that would be hard because you wouldn't want people telling the answer, but maybe you could only write something in chat directly after a round, before you submit to start a new round. Or maybe the chat should also block the current words that are blocked for the clue.

While the game is social, because your physically playing against other real people, something still doesn't feel social about it.
    Maybe that's just because I'm sitting there with 25 games open and no one is playing! Im sure once the game has gone live on the AppStore that'll stop it though.

I know this seems like a bit of work, but if you want to compete with the big league you really have to have a 100% perfect game, and I personally don't think this game is ready for release. It should have atleast had a proper universal build, but I understand funds are probably an issue and the team probably wanted to make some money before investing more time into the project.

There's a game quite similar coming out within a month, called bluff wars, it's quite similar to this game, but different.
    Basically you invite 3 friends to play, and you get a initial like IBS and each person has to make up a meaning for it, like insanely big sausages, another may write insignificant blonde skanks ,then the fake "bluffs" all get put together, plus the real meaning, irritable bowel syndrome, and all friends have to select which meaning is real, and you get the most points if someone selects your bluff as the real one.
    The games set up very much reminds me of this game, it's a social game where you make up your own clues, I can imagine the 2 games will basically be directly competiting with each other.
    Doesn't really have anything to do with anything but I thought I'd add it in there incase the devs didn't know a similar game is about to be released!

TL;DR

Gameplay is good, but UI could be improved, as well as more things to do while waiting for a contestant to respond, Or a better match making protocol so you can play a game straight away, not start a game and wait hours to actually play.

edit-
    Finally got to play some rounds against people, gameplay is quite fun and addictive.
    I've played about 20 games in total and have already come across one or two repeated words,I understand you can buy more word packs, but then can you only play against others who have bought that word pack?
    Still think it'd get more revenue from increasing game limits past 25.
    Very fun so far, I'm sure many people will get addicted.

19. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    I've been playing this game non stop! So addicted! I am starting to get some repeated words so I guess I need to save up for some word packs

20. Answer: willy wonky

Thanks for promo code. Installed and tried. I have invited some friends through FaceBook so I will have to wait and see who will get back to me. Send one request to a random person as well. Think word game a la Draw Something.

I don't see much point of giving out promo codes to a free game that has now been released. I was wondering if the paid version can play with the free version. Also are you adding iPad support for the paid version as well? If so, I would like to get a code for that. :) Thanks.