Cant Re-download an App

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by SoCal_Sponger, May 29, 2009.

1. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    I uninstalled an app (AppSniper) and went back to download it off the App Store and it is stuck on the "INSTALLED" button (I can't click the button), so I cant re-download it. Is there any way to fix this?

2. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    D/l it from the computer and sync.

3. SoCal_Sponger

Feb 28, 2009
    #3 SoCal_Sponger, May 30, 2009
    Last edited: May 30, 2009
    Still doesnt work, I've synced it and un-synced it, it just doesnt install the app...

Should I delete the whole app off my computer then re-install it on the computer and try again (the app was already on there when I transfered my purchases before)

if anything, Im just gonna have to hope and wait that an update comes out, maybe then it will unfreeze the app and let me install it again. Is there a way to downgrade an app version?

4. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

i would delete it from your computer or restore your ipod if this problem just happened

5. SoCal_Sponger

Feb 28, 2009
    would restoring my iPod would take everything off including all my music, videos, app, and saved contents for my games (never done it before)? Or is there a way just to restore the apps?

6. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I've had this problem before. Restart your device by pressing the home and power button simultaneously while the app is installing.

7. SoCal_Sponger

Feb 28, 2009
    I cant install the app, the button in the App Store is frozen on "INSTALLED"...yet I already uninstalled the app. Its off my iPod...

8. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Try this:

Click the iDevice tab to the left, and while connected, click the application tab. Find the app, and if it's checked, uncheck it and sync. Then check it again and sync. Maybe that'll work.

9. SoCal_Sponger

Feb 28, 2009
    already done it

such a weird bug, maybe contact Apple about it? Not sure what they would say other than restore my iPod. Ill wait a couple days anyways, AppSniper is crashing for everyone so I sense they will make an update asap

10. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Washington
    The developer is not responding to emails for some reason.