Can't Post in App Store?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by melvin2898, Jan 7, 2015.

1. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    For some reason, my reviews won't show up in the app store so I can't help creators out in reviewing their apps.

2. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I don't think you can see your own reviews. Maybe?

But I've never seen mine either.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    It takes a bit of itme for them to appear, i've seen mine on the app store

If you delete an app i think after a day or two then the review goes as well, a way to stop all these 'this games great' crappy reviews you see for competitions when you know the kids going to de-install it one second after the competition finishes.

If you still have the game installed i'm sure the review will appear

4. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I've found that when I post reviews from my device they don't show. If I post from within iTunes on PC they show up.

5. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    I've seen my own reviews a few times before but they certainly can take a long time before they show. If it's intentional then it's slightly disappointing as the first few days on the Appstore are the most important for a new app, although I can sympathise with the obvious argument against it too.

I feel like I've heard the suggestion that the app must be installed for a time before the review will show so it could be correct but I can't really confirm it as I only review games I intend to keep on my device generally. Sorry I can't help more though!

6. Xammond

Xammond Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2014
    UK
    The reviews display by default in 'Most useful', as rated by review readers I guess. I found by changing it to 'Newest' (most recent?) then my reviews would be there quite soon.

I haven't written many, and can't seem to change my nickname from 2010! Probably an iTunes only edit, else nothing happens.