iPad Can't play SimCity cause of deathstrip...

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Oohway, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Oohway

Oohway Member

Jan 3, 2009
    I've got a deadstrip on the top of my screen for a while now. That means that a stroke at the top of my screen doesn't respond to touches. It's annoying, but I can use almost all features of my iPhone with it, so I didn't really cared very much. A week ago I bought SimCity, and after I installed it I couldn't play it cause the icons on the left side of the screen where exactly in the deadstrip, so I couldn't access them! Is there a fix to flip the landscape mode 180 degrees? or any other solution? help me please!

2. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Get your iPhone fixed. Problem solved.

3. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    You should be able to get your phone replaced at an apple store if you demonstrate the problem.

4. Oohway

Oohway Member

Jan 3, 2009
    My iPhone is bought in the usa, and I live in Europe... I don't think they will fix it

5. Thorero

Thorero Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Graphic Designer, 3D Modeller, Web Design
    Portugal
    Well if you can provide proof of purchase from a known iPhone retailer, and take it to the Apple Store in your nearest Major city, they should help you.

6. Oohway

Oohway Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Even if it's jailbroken?

7. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Jailbroken can be a problem if for some reason a software modification can damage the screen (I don't think it can but I'm not sure about this technical detail).

8. {klondike}

{klondike} Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Rapture. It sucks.
    Just restore it than exchange it.

9. Fubit86

Fubit86 Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2008
    STUDENT
    Seattle, WA
    Yup. It is THAT simple. Jailbreaking it again with Quickpwn only takes like 10 minutes anyways....

10. Oohway

Oohway Member

Jan 3, 2009
    But the original 2G iphone that I have was never sold in the Netherlands, maybe send it back to the USA?

11. {klondike}

{klondike} Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Rapture. It sucks.
    If it's the first iPhone then I'm guessing your screwed as no one makes those anymore.

12. Oohway

Oohway Member

Jan 3, 2009
    aren't there fixes to rotate the screen 180 degrees when in landscape mode?

13. spyker3292

spyker3292 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I was just there for my phone. Toggle switch has been screwed up. When I was there, I couldn't reproduce the issue. But... still got a replacement.

Basically, if you have had the phone for less than a year, go grab a replacement. It's easy, and free.

14. Kysr

Kysr New Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Berlin, Munich, Budapest
    you could have bought a used phone from someone in the US, if the receipt does not state your name.
    And also, don't complain, you got it for a better price then many of us - it had been your risk, in case you have to use warranty. If the 1 year warranty is up (and I guess it might be), you are out of luck....

15. Oohway

Oohway Member

Jan 3, 2009
    I think I paid some more money than you did... Doesn't matter, thanks for the help anyway, I shall try to go to an applestore, why not.