Cannon Cadets by XMG Studios (Submitted)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Appency, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    Is 5pm Eastern?

2. Appency

Appency Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    CEO - Appency iPhone Marketing
    California
    App will go live at Midnight Apple Time.... ie. Pacific Daylight Time

3. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Okay thanks. That is 2am for me, I will grab it tomorrow, looks great.

4. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

5. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Great news friends. :)

6. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I'm afraid I'm not an "influencer", and I'm away from my home computer so grabbing a code in a rush with a bunch of other people won't do me any good. But $1.99 isn't a bad price. It's a price I'll gladly pay. I look forward to playing the game tomorrow.

Cheers!

7. Appency

Oct 16, 2009
    California
    Who wants Cannon Cadets codes????

Giving out codes NOW for Cannon Cadets!! Become the first to play Cannon Cadets by becoming a fan XMG Studio on Facebook, where codes are going out in the next 5 minutes!!!

8. hbernritter

Jul 15, 2010
    Toledo, OH
    LET'S DO THIS!! This is so exciting lol

9. Appency

Oct 16, 2009
    California
    Okay, who got the codes? Had a chance to play yet?

10. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #90 drelbs, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
    Not me, though I told Matt he should get it. ;)

EDIT: Ack, I didn't realize there would be codes out in the open on their Facebook page! :eek: 2 of 3 codes were spoken for, that's pretty good actually.

11. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    I got one from your Facebook page :)

And wow, I am LOVING this game. The graphics are incredible and the game is very polished. I have played many games of this catapult-style genre and I think this one is my favorite!

I can't wait for the level editor to be added!

One suggestion would be to have a star rating on each level, depending on how many shots it takes you to complete the level.

All in all, Cannon Cadets is a really fun game that will keep you entertained for hours. You are all in for a real treat when it is released. You won't be disappointed!

12. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Wow. That's an encouraging review.

13. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Looks like all five codes were taken. Sounds good from what has been said.

14. hbernritter

Jul 15, 2010
    Toledo, OH
    Ok, got a code and I am thoroughly enjoying it.The graphics on my 2g itouch are astounding, and it has an excellent color palette. So, all you iphone4 peeps I'm sure will have an eye popping display. It plays very smoothly, no hiccups as of yet. Game play is simple, but as the levels progress they require some thought. For instance one of the levels I just played had me knocking a ball down a ramp which in turn broke a cage and shot a rocketboy up to a much higher platform dispensing of one of the non fun having evil robo turds. A very pleasant and funny surprise. As the teaser video shows, this game is much more strategy and skill than dumb luck(although some is required ;) )

It is reminiscent of Angry Birds but MUCH MORE FUN. Why? Because you don't have to obsess/stress over getting 3 stars. Much more relaxing, just beat the level with your alotted rocket people given. With that said I have also gotten 2 of the coins for special levels already too and that is a nice little addition to the game.

The only thing I would like to see is Achievements. Yes, they mean nothing but just having them pop up makes the accomplishments of any game that much better. Not that this needs any help.

With the promise of a level editor in the works, and more levels this has found a permanent place on my iPod, and not in a folder but on my main page.

Overall, this is a must have title for anyone who likes, loves, hates or never tried the genre before. Watch Angry Birds you have a happy go lucky group of rocket people and their pissed off monkey charging at you!

15. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

Great game, although I'm not a hardcore gamer and the first level was a bit hard for me to complete. Took me a few goes.

16. Appency

Oct 16, 2009
    California
    Gotta get a good feel for the cannon :)