Universal Candleman (By Spotlightor Interactive)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Mar 26, 2018.

1. metalwastebasket

metalwastebasket Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    Here's a handy tip: If you know a game is released but your auto-download pre-order hasn't kicked in (and prevents you from manually downloading a game), simply head into your 'Purchased' collection and manually download it. ;)

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Thanks. I did check there yesterday but for me it was still greyed out

Anyway have it now. Well worth the purchase

3. Someon

Someon Active Member

Oct 4, 2017
    It is pure magic.. This is the only world that rings in my mind while playing this game. Magic.
    Beautiful, unique experience.
    Btw Maybe you need to have at least 50% battery or pluged into wall to begin auto download?

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Nah it just doesnt seem to work that well. Lesson learnt as my last 2 pre orders have been late.

Anyway this game must look amazing on an iphone x. Great visuals, joysticks a bit sensitive but nothing huge. So far so good

5. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I'm just wondering if there is any Gamecenter...

Game looks well polished.

6. DTK

DTK Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Marketing
    Berlin Germany
    The German description in the AppStore and the comments on the screenshots are so poorly translated that even a translator would have done better!

Example: Dagische?:confused: The word does not exist.
    This probably means the word: Tragische = Tragical.:D
    I hope the title is not translated too!
    Since the translation in the game will be just as bad, I prefer to do without.

Is it possible to choose the localization within the app? Would then play in English.

7. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

How much, then?

So, what do we get for $2.99? Main screen and settings menu? I'll wait a little before downloading it and hit the refund button in case this is split into episodic IAP crap.

The App Store description says "All users including pre-order users will get the game with 40% off"... You don't need to be a PhD in english to understand "the game" acts as a WHOLE object and not part of it.

8. Someon

Someon Active Member

Oct 4, 2017
    #28 Someon, Mar 27, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    It is strange business policy, but game itself doesn’t deserve such a harsh treatment (imo) . It took me 30 minutes to complete 2 out of 6 chapters which are avaible right now. went back to sleep. it just felt too good to spoil it by finishing at once. So for 2.99 you will get somewhere between 1 hour - 2.5 h of pure gameplay. For this money, it is top quality 2 hours. I mean really.. you probably would have to pay few times more to get close. But again..maybe my „habitus”is too poor ;)

9. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    So far, the game has only the first 6 chapters available. I think that the rest will be available soon later this year, but I would kind of be disappointed if it is IAP's, especially since the game is going up in price after April 10.

Lucky me, I haven't finished it yet. Only played the first 2 chapters, but it is really majestic.

10. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

#30 sebgo, Mar 27, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    I'm not willing to wait until the fate of the remaining chapters is decided (IAP or free updates). I like prices being stated clearly from the beginning and there's nothing related in the App Store description that can help users get an idea of how the game is being monetized, other than the initial price at a 40% discount and subsequently rising the price after april 10th.

I'd like to hear from the dev/publisher before I request a refund, tho. But if it is as previous users have said, I can take his a false advertising. It's not like they can go grabbing your money, selling you "the game" and then come up with something like "oops! Sorry! We sold you only part of the game and if you want the rest of it, pay us some more"...

I'll try to be patient as this seems to be a quality product (judging from the videos, since I can't even download the damned thing atm), but it's really disappointing the fact of not having stuff clear from the dev/publisher's end.

Ps: I didn't take a bottle of Coke with me last week from some local store because the price tag said $2,300 (that's in COP, less than USD$1) and the cashier charged $2,400 according to her pricing database. This case is slightly similar.

Ps2: I love Coke xD

11. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I’m on the fence until the pricing structure can be clarified. As much as I really fancy playing it and I’ve no objection to paying for extra content in a game, if I’m buying something that’s an episodic story as opposed to just additional levels then I want to know what I’m paying for it and when it’s going to be delivered.

12. Someon

Someon Active Member

Oct 4, 2017
    We received first half of this game now. From press info and looking at steam/xbox 360 prices of this game it seems obvious that final half will be iap priced either 2.99 or 4.99 (as normal price for first half was intended). That way publisher is trying to encourage more people from ios community with lower intro price, and at the same time would like to ask similiar to steam/xbox 360 for the whole experience. I’m also not sure if this eat cake/have cake model is good. It is not my problem. It should not distract from how amazing this game is.

13. Boboy

Boboy Active Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Mfi controls

Have support MFI controls?

14. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    #34 Lull4by, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Not now, just sent an email to dev, and they said it is planned in the future update.

15. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Checked my original Air on IOS 9, has GC achievements for anyone who cares #

16. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    #36 nyanpass, Mar 28, 2018
    I asked the developer if the update for its future additions was free or paid. And there was no reply yet.

17. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #37 Gambler, Mar 28, 2018
    Maybe that’s just language evolving over time :D

Im österreichischen App Store ist die description komischerweise auf Englisch (vielleicht wurde mittlerweile auch geändert). [Edit] Come to think of it, wahrscheinlich deshalb, weil ich meine device Sprache auf Englisch habe.

Anyway, just bought the game and you can choose between 17 languages in the game’s settings, of course including English.

18. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

I did the same on their Twitter account. Funny thing when I said "I'm in!" (march 26, at 16:55) before coming to know abobut the half-game-only and possible future IAP) they kinda replied fast, within a few hours (march 26, at 21:36), but it's been more than one day since I asked whether the pre-order is a full-game purchase and they haven't said a word.

Still hoping to get good news, tho (not too expensive IAP would also apply for me).

Attached Files:

19. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    I got a reply from the devs about future content. Here is what they said exactly:

“Yes, It will be releasing this year, but it depending on development progress
    About the DLC is free or paid, we can keep pay attention to the store informations”

This is exactly what they said. I did not make any edits. The grammar is kind of terrible so I didn’t really understand what they meant at the last part. But they did say the future content will be releasing this year.

20. Troid

Troid Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    That clears it up.