Can you Imagine....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by lynch, Nov 2, 2008.

1. lynch

lynch Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2008
    California
    imagine in 5 years, or even two:

when Apple doubles the processing power from 600 mhz to 1200
    includes a graphics card built in, with double or tripple, okay double the battery life...an entire 8 hours to make phone calls, play GTA, or a few thousand 3 match games all at your fingers

when apple realized 9 pages wasn't enough, they catagorized it so each tab, customizable of course, has an entire 9 pages per tab catagory, and yet even though that gives us thousands of Apps, its still not enough to fill the 250 gigs

i can't believe they only put a meesly 12 megapixel camera in there though
    where are their priorities?
    well, they never did install MMS

rumor on the macrumors.com website say the nex gen will have a hologram projector with touch air interface...who knew a slide out 640 by 960 screen in your pocket wasnt enough...still 12 oz. is kinda heavy

there are already 965 hologram lighter applications claiming to be the best
    but can they compete with Apple's? who knew the lighter app industry would take off as it did..

do you remember back in the day when we were all crying for a rpg, then a MMORPG was released at the WWDC June 09 and life was never the same...
    what is your vision of the future, hardware, or software wise

did you iVote yet?

2. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Whut? I have no idea what you're trying to say :confused:...

3. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Alcohol + Internet=

4. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Indeed...What's up with all them trolls that have been appearing lately? We need some troll control a'ound he'r...

5. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    someone's been spending too much time with their booze

6. Killquake

Killquake Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2008
    guys come on.... hes just being creative and you have to smash him and call him drunk? Hes just thinking about how fast technology is advancing and predicting how advanced the iPhone will be in a few years. Hes just having some fun with ideas and sharing them with us, and you guys get angry at him? And i don't really care if you call me a troll or you hate me, im just standing up for him

7. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Hahhaa yes we do :D

8. Fubit86

Fubit86 Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2008
    STUDENT
    Seattle, WA
    Jeez get off his back it's just a joke (ish) it made me laugh....

9. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Yeah i though that was pretty good! Even if you did write that High/Drunk/Coked up i applaud your writing style, you got a laugh out of me!

He brings up some good points, it's fun to think about the future and I mean back in the day i remember what a big deal it was when you could first txt message! I used to do that as a prank because it would charge you like $.25 and annoy the heck out of people, now people use it all the time!

10. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Five years ago there were PocketPC devices with wifi, 640*480 touch screens, same MBX graphics hardware as the iPhone and a 533MHz ARM CPUs. They also had replaceable batteries and SD card slots.

Oh the progress we've made ;)

11. slomper

slomper Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    he does have a good point like what just a few years ago we were using records to listen to music

12. moopf

moopf Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Yeah, you were also knackered if they decided to crash whilst you were on the road. I briefly flirted with a PocketPC (an iMate) about 4 years back thinking it might be a step up from my Blackberry. How wrong I was. The thing crashed at the most inopportune moments and, the biggest problem was, when this happened it reset itself completely so you lost everything - anything installed, all settings etc. I quickly went back to using a Blackberry. I'm sure they don't do this now but once bitten, twice shy. I remember having to buy 2 extra batteries for it as well because they didn't last very long at all. So i was carrying the iMate brick, with 3 batteries, and putting up with it crashing. Oh how fun that was!

13. PoV

PoV Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2008
    London, Ontario, Canada
    On the contrary, I do look forward to the day I can cook a scrambled egg with the radio in my iPhone.

14. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

@moopf

My point was really to focus on the hardware (I agree the PocketPC devices weren't very usable), to note that five years later we have now finally gotten a device to consumer market what was considered high end then. But even then, the specs of the device have been compromised by business decisions (in particular the lack of expandability).

So realistically, about 3-5 years from now you might see Nvidia's Tegra chip or the PowerVR SGX on devices that sell to a wider audience. The screen resolution, if we look at today's high end, will probably be 800*480 or similar.

15. gusto5

gusto5 Active Member

Sep 23, 2008
    800*480, maybe after they figure out copy/paste =D