Can Someone.....?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by dannys95, Nov 10, 2008.

1. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    If someone got your iPod identifier number (the one used to share apps) and your name and email, can someone do something with that information? Thanks.

2. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Good question, I don't know really???

3. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    for you, NO

For and Iphone... it's possible.

They can't do anything themselves. But if they were able to get more information like your email's password, phone number, etc. It's possible to do some malicious things.

4. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    OK thanks. If anyone else wants to answer please do. I don't think the person who has this information is trying to do anything. We'll see. Thanks.

5. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    how do you get the IPHONE ID #??

6. mek

mek Well-Known Member

what they can do with the information you gave them

is distribute their apps for ad hoc distribution

who knows if they can do something malious with it, i suppose with that info, your name and email, and the credit card tied to your account they could so some social engineering and pretend to be you i suppose, but what good does that do? not much, the worst they could do would be to activate thier computer once the person from apple allowed it..which probably wouldn't happen

but once you start seeing charges. i.e itunes reciepts, you would dispute it with your credit card company, they would investigate, and would probably have to change some information, maybe get a new credit card #

they can't do too much damage, but the only way to find out is to discover someone actually doing something malious with that info....i'm sure there are things, but no one, quite possibly not even apple themselves know of any yet