Can i upload my old games on new iphone?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by along123, Jun 28, 2009.

1. along123

along123 Well-Known Member

Hi, I've been wondering this since I got my 3G iphone. But, I'm not sure if anyone ask this yet. The thing is, I'm planning to get any new iPhone once every 2 years my contract is done. As, you know, Apple would have upgrade and improve the iphone maybe every 2 years. But, that's not what I wana talk about. The thing, can the games or apps that I had bought before be uploaded to the new device? I like to be able to play some of the games on my new device like maybe on the 3G S? Is it possible? This is my first iPhone, so I'm not sure bout it. Thanks. I'm a bit worried haha. :confused::D:):cool:

2. menom

menom Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    photography
    London, UK.
    Yes Apps are kept

yeah - it's not a problem - when you get you're new phone and activate it in iTunes the first time it will ask you if you want to set it up as new or sync over what was on prev phone (apps,music,photos,videos etc)

just did this myself going from orig 2G iPhone to 3Gs and worked a treat

only minor panic was when I went to iPod app on new phone after hours syncing music and it said it had no content!! - luckily after switching new phone off and on again all the music I'd synced over was there after-all

so yes - it's not a prob' - and definitely not something to make you hold off upgrading when out of contract:)

3. jasonc23

jasonc23 Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Yeah, just use an old backup

4. along123

along123 Well-Known Member

thanks guys. A load off my mind ha ha. I'm pretty sure the iphone/itouch is gonna be faster and smoother almost becoming a small netbook, at least. So, I'm pretty addicted to buying the iphone whenever I can ha ha. But, anyway, I can't upload all of the games. So, even though, I can't upload the earlier games I bought, there's still new coming almost every day right?

I'm pretty much addicted to buying games too! :D

Cheers to all!

:D:)

5. MetroGnome217

MetroGnome217 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    How about 3.0
    If a iPod 2gen and an iPod 1 ten share a computer and I buy it?
    Can both iPods use it