can I get YouTube famous? :O

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Hambo12, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    #1 Hambo12, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
    hey guys so I made a YouTube a while back but never used it, maybe uploaded a video once a while, but now that I'm 18 im really thinking if I can make money off YouTube or get some fame you know like the famous YouTube stars. it just a dream for now but I'm going to be uploading plenty of videos from cooking videos, funny videos, and of course iOS gameplay videos it'll be nice if you guys could check it out. my user name is OHHHMC on YouTube :) thank you for reading.

http://m.youtube.com/user/OhhhMC

2. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

#2 Der-Kleine, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
    I hate to break it to you, but becoming YouTube famous isn't that simple. And unless you get thousands of monetized views every day the ammount of money you will make off of YouTube is next to nothing.

3. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Short answer: It's possible but not easy.
    I honestly think it relies more on luck and good timing rather than quality or even quantity as you can get a lot of videos or with good quality and nicely edited ones but at least with gameplays you won't get as many views as the ones who upload random videos of the newest games at launch with little to no editing, and that's what I gather from my personal and not quite successful experience in YouTube and it seems to me rather a science to get a name in YT.
    Anyways, if even after reading this and Der-Kleine's post you still want to try it (why not, honestly?) I wish you luck, you'll need it ;)

4. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

There's nothing wrong with trying, just don't go in expecting to become rich and successful.

5. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I honestly can't understand why some successful youtubers have done as well as they have to be honest.

6. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

This. Exactly this.

Especially this Pewdiepieguy. Annoys the heck out of me.

7. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Don't mind Pewdiepie that much, but Lonnie is dreadful.

8. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    #8 AlexsIpad, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
    Only about 0.01% of youtube videos get over 1000 views, so dont expect to have any success whatsoever. It's certainly possible, but your chances are really no better than winning the lottery. Consider what you are aiming towards, what would you be satisfied with? "YouTube famous" suggests >1 million views per video. Have realistic goals, if you manage to get over 100 views in the first week of all of your first 5 videos (which is quite unlikely), you're on the right track, even if it seems very unsuccessful.

Also bear in mind that if you want to be successful, you need to make videos other people want to watch and not videos that you want to make:
    I made about 6 videos that I found interesting and none of them got more than 1000 views, then I made one random video that I didn't expect to do well and it now has over 400,000 views after 3 years, which shocked me.

You can be successful, but you're more likely to be hit by a meteor whilst making the first video than that video making any significant money.

9. q8phantom

q8phantom Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    Being popular on YouTube isn't that easy honestly, but at the same time it's not really impossible.

You I think should focus more on quality, learn how to edit videos ... etc.

At the same time, make sure you create Unique videos that lots of people do and search about.

If you make iOS reviews, make sure they are of high quality, because there are lots of people who make them, make sure to create something unique, something different than what others are making.

Simply making the same thing as someone else, then why people will come and subscribe to your channel, they are already subscribed to the first. If your channel give them more value, then for sure they'll change their mind, or maybe subscribe to you at least.

10. Takeo_Masaki

Takeo_Masaki Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    I think u got a shot #
    P.s. Could u check out my mates YouTube please, his name is ConGames
    Scroll down till you find him

11. swimmingcub

swimmingcub Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Look out for wildtriogaming, they just started and got a video up to 5000 views! I think it was mostly because they had a crazy name and photo to go with it. There's a little tip! #