Universal Cally's Caves 4 (By Jordan Pearson)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 7, 2017.

1. hmsong

hmsong Member

Nov 19, 2017
    #61 hmsong, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    Thank you for your reply. I was gonna say you can check out how many of what you got in the Stat section of the menu, but the devs already covered that.

As for the final Bow, thank you. Now, I shall replay the entire NG+ to find all the secrets. I still have 2 or 3 more weapons to go, and few more documents to find.

And how do you kill the tanks in Zone 6 Room 17 of NG+? They are below the ground, and none of my weapons seems to go below the floor (well, Boomerang and Flamethrower goes through the floor, but they're not even close to the tanks themselves, even with the Split Weapon Mod).

I just beat the QWERTY zone and the survival mode. No rewards for either of them, although you get Scrap Gun early in the QWERTY zone. That gun uses actual scraps for ammo, so be prepared to use up ~5000 scraps to level them up to max level. The final Scrap Gun is in the NG+. It was in Zone 7 or 8.

And my god, Freeze, Thunder, and Poison are so useless (well, Fire is not that great either, except on Boomerang). Freeze is basically worse Hold (and anything immune to Hold is immune to Freeze). Thunder does damage everyone, but you can't damage enemies multiple times, at least until the thunder wears off. Poison is, well, I suppose that's okay, but you can do more damage with Fire, assuming you continue to shoot.

And Cally's Caves 4 dossier in the page https://callyscaves.com/callys-caves-4-dossier/ needs to be updated. seems like it's missing a few things, and the words have been changed.

2. kisschrisjohnson

Sep 28, 2017
  3. paulthemuller

paulthemuller Member

Nov 21, 2017
    Beautiful game.

4. hmsong

hmsong Member

Nov 19, 2017
    Bug/Glitch

Okay, devs. I'm reporting numerous bugs:

1. In the New Game+ Zone 7-3, you pick up the final Scrap Gun, right? Well, after picking it up, it resets after leaving the room. In other words, you can pick up the final Scrap Gun again. Now, was this place suppose to contain another final weapon? I'm missing the final Disc Gun and Assault Rifle, so maybe its trying to give me those weapons, and it keeps on giving me Scrap Gun? Please check.

2. My Cally's at Lv30 (I assume it's the max level). However, her max HP is different from time to time. Sometimes, I see her max HP bar becoming 0 (you don't see the red parts anymore after I go "over the max"), and sometimes, it's only about 3/4 full. Seems a bit strange, and I don't know what's actually making this happen.

3. I've gone through both NG, NG+, and qwerty zone twice already. However, radar is not picking up the lost notes anywhere. According to the Stats, I'm missing 1 Tawaret Ankh Piece, 1 Whispering Statue Pages, and 1 Haunted Bridge Pages. Now, I admit that I didn't go through NG after obtaining the final arrow (I went through NG+ with it, but was unable to find anything), so I assume I can find some pieces there (along with two of my missing final weapons). Having said, that, my radar should still display that there is something in the room, which I did not see. Please check.

I'll report more when I find some. Some, I'm sure others have reported it.

Btw, I love the game. I need more metroidvania. And all Cally's Caves games did just that beautifully. Thank you.

5. punksushi

punksushi Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Thank you for confirming the missing pages and tawarat piece. I've also seen a few comments on the app store about these missing pieces. It must be a thing. Looking forward to an update so we can finally get 100% completion!

6. hmsong

hmsong Member

Nov 19, 2017
    Oh, and I still can't find the final Disc Gun and Assault Rifle. Can anyone tell me where, specifically?

7. jordanfwc

jordanfwc Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2013
    I "redacted" some of the dossier online so as not to spoil some of the story twists (for example, a certain characters dossier page spoils the whole plot). Thanks for the feedback about the mods! that actually makes sense and gives me good ideas on how we could improve it.

Thank you Chris, glad you are enjoying it!

Thank you so much Paul!

Ok yes, it seems those 3 collectibles have issues. We are working on an update right now that will also stop resetting the weapon tiers if you have manually selected a tier and go into a new level. I will get these collectibles fixed, i'm so sorry about the issue!

We are on it!
    Jordan

8. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Other mod issues

Hi Jordon,

One other thing about mods–i ended up putting the stop mod on all my weapons because it was definitely useful...the split wasn’t that great, and I tried the curve down with my bow and it didn’t seem to change anything. (And thst was over many different level versions...I understand that the final bow has to go straight no matter what)

The curves still seem like they could be useful; maybe it’s just with the bow that it isn’t really working. I didn’t bother with trying it out on others because I didn’t want to wat my scraps.
    I was just thinking it would be cool to have a charging mod—hold the button down for increased damage, but you are more vulnerable, like you take double damage? Maybe it would have to be a flurry of shots because an assault gun wouldn’t have a good charged shot but the revolver would. Hm. Tricky. You’ve probably already thought of all this ;)

9. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Yep we did and the main reason we didnt put a charge shot in CC4 was because we didnt wanna mess with the controls by including tap and hold functionality for the shoot buttons. we did prototype it, but it led to the controls feeling sloppy, where we knew we had a control method that players liked from cc3 (tap to shoot as fast as you can tap, and now hold to autofire). combine that with the strafing and stuff and it got really wonky after a while!
    The bow doesn't curve at level 25 because of the spike functionality, yeah. But i found the curve to be really useful on the disc gun, because it makes the blades bounce around a lot more, especially when you get to the later tiers!

10. punksushi

punksushi Member

Feb 8, 2012
    The split mod is incredible on the final form of the scrap gun

11. hmsong

hmsong Member

Nov 19, 2017
    The split actually isn't all that useful, except for the Flamethrower. For all other weapons, the split actually halves the power of the weapon. So if the split bullets hit the same target, then it's basically the same as a single normal bullet hitting. And the range doesn't increase either - I tested it with Shotgun, and the total range doesn't seem to change (although width obviously did). The only useful part about split is that you can level up weapons faster, assuming both halves hit the target.

Flamethrower, however, gets boost in power, because the flame doesn't split at all - it just sprays minor flames on the side, which is extra damage at short range.

12. hmsong

hmsong Member

Nov 19, 2017
    Jordan,

My apologies to be asking so much, but could you tell me how to kill the tank enemies in NG+ Zone 7-3? I tried everything I can think of, and none of my weapons are able to kill the thing, since they're deep below the ground. Or are you not suppose to be able to kill them?

And can you tell me where the final Disc Gun and Assault Gun are? I went through the entire NG and NG+ with the final Bow to search every corner, and yet, I have not found them. Assuming they're in the game, I obviously missed them.

Thanks.

13. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Hey HMsong, and also everyone,
    the patch to fix the collectibles is being submitted tonight! The final disc gun and assault rifle is tied to the collectible types that were bugging out (haunted bridge, whispering statue and 1 necklace piece).
    These were indeed a bug and no one's fault, and I'm really sorry about that! for anyone looking for the missing pieces, i wanted to fill you in on how the fix will work in case you need that information:

WHISPERING STATUE - this bug was loading the haunted bridge amount and plugging it into the whispering statue amount, if you have already collected all 16 (which most of you would have), it will unlock the bonus related to that when you start the game.
    HAUNTED BRIDGE AND NECKLACE PIECE - these two pieces just werent initializing properly so they werent showing up. you can find the pieces in zone 1-7+ (+ indicated is the new game plus level), and zone 3-13+

In addition, we are working really hard on fixing the iphone x support, and we would super appreciate it if anyone could let us know what they think of the controls layout after this update!
    There's also some other fixes, like the Final Scrapgun always coming back and being find-able again, and a slight nerf on the Chef HP in the regular game zones.
    I'm really sorry about the collectible-related glitch, but I also wanted to say thanks to everyone commenting and letting us know the bugs and stuff. We are a two-person team (me and the artist OHKO), and every time someone comments, tells a friend about the game, or lets us know about a bug, that is the biggest thing you can do to support and help us!
    The update should be out tomorrow or saturday depending on review times, and we will be ready to work on fast updates for any possible bugs that might pop up!
    Jordan

14. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #74 houseofg, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    iPhone X update works great and is much appreciated. I thought it might fix a control issue I've had throughout the game, but it didn't.

Does anyone else get a delay sometimes/often when first tapping the right arrow? It's not my finger placement because I can hold my finger on the button and still get the delay and then movement. It's not 100% of the time but it's most of the time. And never happens with the left button.

15. hmsong

hmsong Member

Nov 19, 2017
    #75 hmsong, Nov 29, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    Thank you, Jordan. I really appreciate that you and 0HKO are working so hard.

I still can't find the last Whispering Statue piece (and therefore missing the disc gun). I know I'm asking much, but can you list the room number for ALL whispering statue pieces? I've gone through the entire game, and my radar isn't picking up anything. Or I missed it. I'm guessing it's related to Bonus 2, since I unlocked Bonus 1, 3, 4, and 5. Speaking of which, what does Alexandria Map Pieces do? It doesn't seem to give out any bonuses.

Also, I still dont' know how to kill the tanks in Zone 6 Room 17 of NG+, since they're below the ground. This is important, because I want to get that dossier, but I can't, since I need to kill all enemies. Since no one else is asking that, I am guessing I simply don't know how to get down there. Can you tell me how to do that?

16. hmsong

hmsong Member

Nov 19, 2017
    Oh, and it seems that after collecting the last Haunted Bridge piece and resetting the game, the stat screen resets to "15 of 16 pieces." I'm really bad at describing things, but that's the best I can do at the moment.

17. staredcraft

staredcraft Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Exact same problem with me. And I’d really like to get that final disc gun too :(

18. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    While I Sandusky love this hand, it sucks that theSurvival mode does not auto save. I finished Survival 1, took a break by getting out of the game by going to theMain Menu. When I returned, all my progress was lost.

19. EyeCuts

EyeCuts New Member

Dec 3, 2017
    Hey guys, just registered on this forum because for some reason I can’t seem to find a way to contact the developers directly about this weird bug when in
    Badlands
    Japan. More specifically, all of the dialog between Cally and the boss of that zone doesn’t display at all. Maybe they’re speaking in Japanese and the game doesn’t have the right Unicode characters to display them or something. It’s so weird that it’s only dialog between Cally and the boss. I thought it was a one-off thing, but then the same thing happened again when Cally confronts the boss in their room. Here’s what I’m talking about without spoiling too much of the game for the rest of you guys:

[​IMG]

For those wondering, I’m running the game on a 2015 iPad Pro on iOS 11.2.

If someone can show me the dialog for these two scenes, that’ll be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

20. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    hey everyone! First off, we launched on Android today!
    You can download CC4 on android here.

Now to go through some of the comment and feedbacks:

I spent a really REALLY long time trying to figure this out. it was maddening! But i think its a result of the bottom of the iphone screen or something. like if you hit the controls a little higher up (the touch zones also extend way above the virtual buttons) the delay never happens. We are still trying to figure out why it's happening at all, but in the meantime moving up a tiny bit seems to help! I'm glad to hear the iphone x fix has made the experience better!

The flamethrower with the split mod should help with the tanks under the ground! The alexandria map pieces are just more of a story collectible, they "unlock" the final zone in alexandria (because in the earlier story they are trying to locate it).

I think my fix for the whispering statue failed, which means i am working on another update. This update's fix should have awarded you the bonus if you have 15 collected. I'm really sorry about this. Anyone that is experiencing the game for the first time now has a fixed version with all collectibles working, it's only save files from before the update that are still messed up. I will fix this!

Hey! I'm really sorry that that was confusing, there actually isnt any dialogue in those scenes! It's just a wordless staredown with "the General" to help set up the idea that the general is some powerful adult warrior (once you beat that boss fight youll see why). So you didn't actually miss anything! And I learned a lesson about how to do this type of scene better in the future.