Universal Cally's Caves 4 (By Jordan Pearson)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 7, 2017.

1. saveria201

saveria201 Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 7, 2017
    teacher/translator
    Japan
    #41 saveria201, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    Well I'm going to pay $9 for this, in a couple days. I think a game this fully featured at release and with what seems like a pretty long quest full of secrets and tons of replay is overall a rare value on the app store. Welcome packs from other innumerable free to play titles are often around $10 but Callys Caves asks for it once, no currency or energy lameness....totally worth it to me.

2. jordanfwc

jordanfwc Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Thanks for the kind words Saveria. It has been a lot of learning for us over the past games, but we mainly come at it from the viewpoint of being iOS gamers ourselves. I'm really glad you feel its a fair way to do things, and I also thank you for your support!
    Jordan

3. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    master. piece.

4. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Still in Zone 2, having really just started playing Friday....what is scrap used for? I see that I can spend $5k coins for 500 scrap but I can't figure out what the scrap goes towards? I ask because of the upgrade in the shop...thanks in advance. Fantastic game though, best of the series so far!

5. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Scrap goes towards weapon mods! the weapon mod shop shows up after zone 6 so theres a little bit before it kicks in :)
    Jordan

6. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Oh ok, I figured it had to be something I yet unlocked. Thank you for that info. Going back to a prev question from another TA'er, I am completely lost in zone 3. I make an infinite loop between 4 squares that all lead in a circle. I've tried the other corners of each section but no additional doors open or appear.....I am definitely stuck at this point

7. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    There is definitely a way out i promise! one of the levels has 2 exits

8. panfried

panfried Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Just beat the normal game and loved every minute - considering purchasing the full game unlock because I want to see how it turns out.
    Question, is the spike gun in this game and if so in which level did I miss it?

9. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    On a previous page someone mentioned using it to pass zone 3, but I haven't come across it (nor beat the zone yet)

10. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    SPOILER ALERT
    The Spike gun is the final level of the bow!

Which specific level are you on Chief? I can take a screenshot of the level map in the level editor and draw a line to show you the way through.
    Jordan

11. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    #51 Solarclipse, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    Robins vest...how does it work

I got the new game plus and and everything bundle and am very happy with the purchase, and now there are so many options with the weapons—the spike bow vs the triple bow for example—but I can’t figure out how to use the vest to switch them. How does it work?

Is there a final scrap gun, since there isn’t a qwerty plus?? Any rewards or items for the survival more?

UPDATE: it looks like you have to have an item leveled up to 25 for you to be able to select the tiers with the vest—which means its only helpful with new game+...I think it should be a much more expensive item to reflect that. Also, there is some kind of bonus for reaching 150 in survival mode; not sure what but I'm going to shoot for it...I hope there is a check point because its going to be a while to get to 150.

Note for devs: I got a facetime call while playing, and when I came back, the sound wouldn't come back on. Love the music btw! If there was an item I could buy to choose the music (maybe a million, lol) I would save up for it because I definitely have some favs ;)

12. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    I am at the 2nd checkpoint you reach on zone 3. There is the initial save block and then six blocks (2 rows of 3) with the top 2 seemingly inaccessible. I can go in a loop forward and backwards between the series of 4 blocks but can't seem to get to the point where the top save block and the one next to it (which I'm assuming has to be the way to continue right on the map) are accessible. Of these 4 blocks, only one toom has 2 doors and one leads to another of these 4 blocks that loop, or back to the original save block when u enter zone 3....but none goomg forward...

13. punksushi

punksushi Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Hi,
    I've searched every corner of every room of every map and I'm still missing a tawarat piece, whispering statue page and haunted bridge page (yes I have the radar). I assume they unlock areas where I can find the assault gun final form and disc gun final form because I"m missing those as well. But I have searched every map in the game multiple times (including the bera rooms and qwerty) and the radar (the little white arrow) does not appear at all anywhere. Is my game bugged or are there hidden rooms behind walls or something?

14. hmsong

hmsong Member

Nov 19, 2017
    Bow Final Stage

I am aware that Bow's final stage is required to access some areas. However, I can't seem to find it (the final form). Where is it? I just beat Area 6, but still, I cannot find it. I feel like I missed it in the previous areas, but where? If it's in one of the previous areas, please tell me where (hopefully, with a map). If you cna't do that, then at least tell me the area.

Oh, and what does any of that calender thing do? I got all the calender pieces, but other than for collection purpose, it doesn't seem to do anything. Also, I picked up a lot of Notes and stuff, but I can't even view them. Or am I just not looking in the right place? Please tell.

15. hmsong

hmsong Member

Nov 19, 2017
    Some additions

As for Cally's experience (since she levels up), I feel it would be nice for Cally to have some sort of meter to her experience point. That way, people know roughly how long they have until they reach the next level up. Or more importantly, if they reached the maximum level. Also, when enemies drop experience packets, it'd be nice to know how much of experience they are worth (money and scraps display numbers, so why not experience too?).

16. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    To answer a couple questions:

The bow is in one of the first 3 or 4 zones I think.

There is an experience bar underneath Cally's picture, left of the HP

When you collect all the pieces it unlocks a bonus stage in Avalon where you get some final.weapons and items, like a.life leech necklace.

Ive only opened up two of them...between regular game and new game plus, that's a lot of zones to explore...but I think I remember some pieces that I couldn't get to without the bow?

it would be nice to be able to see how many pieces you vlhave collected somewhere—or am I.missing that? Also, something in the zone map that says how.many pieces are or weapons are left in that zone. I haven't found a new weapon in the library for new game plus. And I don't think I'll hunt through everything....

Any reward for survival.mode with bera being completed?

Lovely game, highly recommend the IAP for new game plus.

17. hmsong

hmsong Member

Nov 19, 2017
    Yeah

Ohh, you're right about Cally's exp bar.

And I've gone through the New Game+ to find the arrow (after beating the game), but I still couldn't find it. Apparently, you have. Can you tell me which room # in which zone?

Yeah, I've unlocked two Avalon rooms to find the Leech necklace and unlocking final rocket launcher.

"something in the zone map that says how.many pieces are or weapons are left in that zone." I looked at the map (and dosier) to see if there was such thing, but no information on how many treasures are left or anything. Where specifically are you looking at?

And I haven't beaten Survival mode. Or rather, I havent' tried that yet. I shall soon, after beating that Scarp Gun area (forgot the name of that area).

18. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Thanks for the heads up and feedback! We are working on the sound thing, it seems to happen with phone calls and facetimes. We will see what we can do about a music item!

Here is the path through the level Chef! [​IMG]

Nope, there arent any hidden or off screen areas! I'm really sorry about that, I've had one other person say they couldn't find the last collectibles so we are trying to sort out why thats happening. In the meantime, I have a level tracker spreadsheet I used during testing that I can link if that helps at all. Its this spreadsheet here.

The calendar pieces open up a bonus door in the hub world, this bonus door leads to a bonus level that will have some reward (usually a final form). The final form of the bow is in zone 5_1+ (first level of zone 5 in new game plus).

Thank you so much for supporting us! Nope there isn't a reward for the bera survival, thats more just for fun :D

If you check out the "stats" screen in the pause menu, it should tell you your progress with the collectibles!

19. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Absolutely love this game and purchased the iap. Keep up the great work!

20. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    I was making a feature request and, unfortunately, not giving intel on the zone map.

@Jordon thanks so much for all the feedback to everyone here in the forum! The stats page helps. You know, at first I thought that the collectibles opene up a new level...which it kind of does, but I was looking for it to open in the title screen or something (this is my first Cally’s Caves). Maybe the note that pops up when you collect a set says it is in Avalon, but I don’t think it does. That would be helpful anyway.

Also, thank you for Sharing that spreadsheet. I’ll keep the game on my iPad in case an update has a zone map breakdown of how many collectibles & weapons are in a zone, One other request: once you have some items at level 25, the game is pretty easy and Even Final Ivan isn’t much of a challenge. Maybe something to consider for the next CC, but having a post game boss that is really challenging and forces you to try out different weapons to find weaknesses (a la mega man) would be satisfying...also, having platform challenges...the occasional lava or toxic pit :D there isn‘t much incentive for getting more treasures at this point is all, and I’ve started playing space Marshall 2s new campaign, so that’s where I’m at. Again, really lovely game, thank you.