Universal Cally's Caves 4 (By Jordan Pearson)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 7, 2017.

1. jordanfwc

jordanfwc Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Yep we will be in january!

Thank you so much sir!
    Jordan

2. akindc

akindc Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    In the first level, there's the golden light pillar that normally indicates a new weapon, but I can't seem to find it or get it.
    Is it me?

3. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    it should just have the water wings on the main path near the start in the first level, the light beam goes down and the water wings are right before the first pool of water.
    Let me know if that works,
    Jordan

4. HippoHumper

HippoHumper Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2013
    So am I the only person having trouble killing these damn chefs? I hit and hit then they pop a hotdog and walk around like they own the damn place no matter how much I shoot or hit I can't kill them and they have an endless supply of freaking frankfurters

5. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Oh cool, I'll have to check this one out!

6. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    how much for the full unlock?

7. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    #27 MetaGonzo, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    U.k. £8.99

k

Edit: I give up; I am not allowed a capital k.

8. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    They are tough! The idea behind them was to have an enemy that requires concentrated fire on to defeat. I know at the start they are pretty tough, but my advice is mash the shoot button on the shotgun on them. After the shotgun gets levelled up a bit it becomes the perfect tool to dispose of them easily!
    Jordan

9. Lurchroboter

Lurchroboter Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2016
    #29 Lurchroboter, Nov 9, 2017
    Am i the only one having problems with the dossier on the PDA (iPhone 7+) ? I cant access info on enemies, areas etc, all i get is a black screen when i tap on the corresponding entry.

EDIT: forget it, just figured out you habe to use the scanner upgrade that can be bought in Avalon in each level after you defeat all the enemies. This way, you unlock one document peace per level for your dossier.

10. Styrixa

Styrixa Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    PA, USA
    #30 Styrixa, Nov 9, 2017
    How do you level a weapon up beyond 10?
    You have to buy the New Game+ mode IAP. But you ALSO need to beat the game first. Wish I had known that before purchasing.

11. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Sorry about that, I was editing the iAP descriptions and specifying that made it seem really confusing. I will figure out a way to make that more clear! You can level weapons up past 10 in the regular game mode, but just only after youve beaten it, as you said.
    Jordan

12. tjb

tjb Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    I don’t have the spike gun.

It’s not like the shelves are too far apart to land on or anything. It’s that there are no shelves whatsoever. Just a big vertical gap with a jet on the ground in it. Really confused.

13. Styrixa

Styrixa Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    PA, USA
    That's okay. I'm confident this will give me more than $9 worth of fun. Thanks for another great game!

14. tjb

tjb Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Weird. Found a different exit. Any how.

15. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    10€ is crazy

16. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Sorry if you feel like thats too much!
    Jordan

17. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I've gone back and forth on this topic. While I've not shuddered at spending dozens of dollars on expensive IAP in the past, I felt they were worth the purchase because of the content made available. In these cases where I've spent a good penny, the games were board or card games. In contrast, the most I've ever spent on an action-platformer was $5. While I am on the fence about dropping 9 bucks for this game, I have to say that the devs have made it very difficult NOT to throw money their way. I'm in zone 6 and with the exception of the very minimally intrusive ads that I've viewed to get this point, I'm astounded at how much FREE content they've made available for non-paying customers! I don't want this train to stop...but, as with all things, it will. So, while I'm almost at the point of paying the unusually premium sticker price for a game of this ilk, the quality of the game, and the generosity of the developer absolutely amaze me.@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml); .entry { background-color: white ! important; }

18. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Ok, I played more and I have to agree that this is great game with very lots of content.

If it was 5 bucks I would be here praising dev and game 10/10. My only concern is about the price for full unlock imho still too high.

19. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback FiloMJ! It was hard to pick the right price point, but we hope we offered enough of the game for free to help decide if its worth it. If you decide its not, we still thank you for checking it out and for the support. hit me up on twitter if you want and ill give you a code for NG+! @callyscaves on twitter
    Jordan

20. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    that dev tho <3