Universal Cally's Caves 3 (by Jordan Pearson)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jul 21, 2015.

1. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Hey Jordan. Everyplay or Kamcord perhaps?

2. bhoylhogro

bhoylhogro Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2014
    #82 bhoylhogro, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    I can confirm that I got the
    final bladegun
    even when "you have found" screen didn't pop up.

On another bug, I got the damage upgrade in level 22 of New Game+ but when I moved to the next level, its effects wore off. My damage multiplier was supposed to be 1.5 but it went back to 1.4. Tried going back to previous level but still didn't add.

EDIT: I got the second damage multiplier and also lost its effect in the next level.

3. jordanfwc

jordanfwc Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2013
    We will see what we can do!

Hmm that sounds like a bug. The max damage multiplier should be 1.4 (after finding the 4 strength upgrades), so I wonder why it was higher than that... I will look into it and get it sorted out for an update... I'm sorry about the inconvenience!

4. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Thank You for looking n2 it Yo!

5. bhoylhogro

Nov 26, 2014
    Didn't know damage multiplier was capped but it's perfectly fine if you designed it that way. The damage of some of the weapons is already very high. On a related note, I appreciate that you capped the boomerang's damage for bosses because I'm sure it will be unbalanced at default damage.

6. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Yeah that was a tough one (with the blade fun too) with the bosses, we initially had them not work on the bosses but that just felt janky. Hopefully we can figure out a better solution for the next game :)

7. brainbag

brainbag Active Member

Sep 11, 2014
    This game is really fun, thanks!

I seem to have some kind of bug with IAP, I bought the 1+2 pack but every time I go back to the menu, I have to restore purchases multiple times to be able to access New Game+ and Survival mode. It doesn't remember even if I am in game and exit back to the menu. I also can't buy the 5m gold pack, the purchase button is grayed out, but I didn't buy it.

There's also a *really*annoying bug where consumable items disappear if you go to the pause menu. I want to drink a glass of milk so I can pick up an orange slice, but as soon as I go to the menu it disappears. It's even frustrating since the way items are handled when you're already full is to just destroy it. It would be much better to message "full" or something and let you eat an existing item so you can pick up the new one.

It's been really fun to play otherwise, thanks for the great game.

8. Ironmace7

Ironmace7 New Member

Jul 27, 2015
    I just bought the poison bullet upgrade for the RPGs. I do not see a difference. Is it supposed to look or score differently? Trying to beat the game without IAP first. Thanks. Great game!

9. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    #89 Matt33, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    Is there no upgrade for bombs/mines for levels 14 and 17? They haven't changed since level 10. Is it the same for everyone else?

Edit: doesn't really matter now that I got them both to 20 and they upgraded accordingly.

Have you been able to upgrade past 19 since getting it? Getting it from survival mode, everything went normally, but I'm stuck at 19 still.

10. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I've leveled my first weapon to 19 (sniper rifle) and it has capped there. I was wondering if this was normal and I just need to do something/find something first or if it's a bug.

Shelly The Hive Queen is tricky!

11. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Thank you! You have to equip the mod in the inventory menu, it should turn guys green with a poison cloud and do damage over time. Note that some enemies are invulnerable to certain mods :) let me know if it doesn't work!

Hey Brainbag, we seem to have a really weird glitch with a small amount of users where the save file didn't initialize correctly and this affects the inventory: I'm so sorry about that. We are trying a fix in the update tonight (it's out now I think, it's been approved by Apple already). Unfortunately the only other fix is to delete and reinstall the app, then restore purchases. I'm really sorry about that! If you continue to have trouble, Email me at jordanfwc@gmail and I'll do my damnedest to fix it or refund your money. So sorry about that dude, we appreciate the support so much :(

There's final forms of the weapons to be found in new game + :)

You'll find it in new game + (I believe the sniper is in the final zone of ng+)

To everyone: our hotfix update is out tonight, it fixed the iPhone 6 issue and some other small bugs. We are also working really hard on a content update that will have a new zone, challenge levels, and hopefully an expansion to the survival mode (still planning this out). And The android version should be out in 8 weeks or so
    Thanks again everyone for the support, I'm at my cottage and the signal is bad so I didn't get a chance to reply to these sooner,
    Jordan

12. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Update didnt fix the iap issue for me if it was supposed to.

13. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    [​IMG]

[thread=266702][​IMG][/thread] [thread=266633][​IMG][/thread] [thread=266969][​IMG][/thread] [thread=266853][​IMG][/thread] [thread=266705][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267067][​IMG][/thread] [thread=266896][​IMG][/thread]

Cally's Caves 3

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

July 23rd, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo and Anotherkellydown for original post format

14. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    #94 Matt33, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    Applogies if I was too vague due to the spoilery nature of my post! I'll lay it out in spoiler tags:
    I've now leveled all weapons to 20 except for the blade gun. I finished survival mode and got the final form as the prize. Unlike others, the gun appeared normally in the light beam for me and I was able to see the pop-up message telling me what it was. My blade gun was 17 at the time and I've since tried to level it past 19 to no avail.

Would others who have finished survival mode chime in if they're experiencing the same issue or not?

15. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Same here, I still have to restore my purchases every time before I play.

16. bhoylhogro

Nov 26, 2014
    My experience is different. The
    final bladegun
    didn't show up when I finished
    survival
    but I leveled it up to 20.

17. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Hadn't really noticed this until I seen it mentioned in the game of the week voting. All I know now is what I've seen on the app description but it sounds good, downloaded it and hopefully get some time to check it out later.

Interested to see why it's free and how IAP works as the game is still rated really well by you all and as always it's nice to see a dev around here so thinking I'll be adding this to my game rotation.

18. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    +1 to this.

Great game, lots to do & lots of fun. Easy 4 1/2 stars in my book. My thoughts to make it 5 stars are as follows...

1-I know the purchases save will be fixed eventually, in the meantime it's a pain in the ass to restore.
    2-I wish the 'pause' button wasn't so big, maybe it could even be seethrough?
    3-I wish the 'lock' button next to pause would disappear after unlocking game.
    4-I wish Cally could backstraffe whilst aiming forward, that would be awwwwsome!

Thanks for making such a cool game, I can see the love and care that's been invested into Cally more and more with each new level.

19. iSupah

iSupah Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2012
    #99 iSupah, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    Loving this game. Gonna post my full impression soon.

20. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    same.