Universal Cally's Caves 3 (by Jordan Pearson)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jul 21, 2015.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Bought the IAP 1+2 "bundle" earlier, but was feeling extra supportive...so I bought the Weapon IAP too. :)

2. jordanfwc

jordanfwc Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2013
    :D

Thank you so much for supporting us!

metalcasket YOU RULE!!!!

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah downloaded this yesterday, very impressed so far. I'll be getting an IAP to support you guys as well

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    [​IMG]

Haha, but seriously...you guys deserve it man! :)

5. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Do you need to reach a certain point to unlock the endless mode because I bought the IAP 1&2 bundle but every time I push the survival mode button it takes me to the IAP screen. IPad mini 2 iOS 8.1.3

6. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Sorry to hear that ojitus! You don't have to reach a certain point, try hitting the Iap restore button and that should fix it (we are currently working on this issue for an update we are submitting today, as well as the iPhone 6 glitch)

7. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Metroidvanian iz such a awesome word. Thank you Devs for your action packed masterpiece
    #Congratulations on your 5⭐️ epic review#

8. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    That is an awesome word huh :) thank you! Safe to say reading that review was the best thing ever. Thanks so much to TA and Shaun Musgrave for having a look at it :)

9. bhoylhogro

bhoylhogro Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2014
    I'm a pick-up-and-play kinda person, but I played this game for 2 hours straight on my first run because it's so good! It really deserves its 5-star rating! Controls are very responsive and it feels good to rapid-tap and spam bullets that it still can't overwhelm enemies.

The small complaints I have so far is the gun-switching mechanics because (I think) you can't quick-cycle backwards. Also, holding the button for the listed gun screen is too long. I'd rather have a button that instantly pops it up similar to the traditional NES Megaman games.

I'm still buying the 1+2 bundle, though!

10. pinOi32

pinOi32 Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2014
    The first and second games were great... But I can't play the third one! Any way you could make this game playable on an iPod Touch 4? :S

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Think those devices are sadly super old now. Don't want the game made more basic so it runs on very old devices

12. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Awesome thanks so much! We've been thinking about how to do a quicker way to bring up the weapon select without interfering if you are tapping rapidly... we'll try our best for sure :D

Sadly I think the RAM might be too low on the ipod touch 4 :( does it just auto crash when you start the game? Our baseline for testing was the iphone 4s. Let me know and I'll see what I can do!

You got it PSJ

13. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    I have to say this game is tremendous, perhaps the best platformer I can think of on IOS. I purchased the $4.99 bundle as a donation to the developer; however, I can't always access the survival mode. Initially, I could restore my IAP purchase and then the mode would appear only to become inaccessible again when I try to restart the app....now when I try to restore my purchase the game crashes? Hopefully the developer can fix this bug sometime in the foreseeable future.

Nonetheless, this game is fantastic!

14. Malrulezzzu

Malrulezzzu Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    I just downloaded it to check it out, not sure if it is my type of game or not but it looks really well done.

15. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    thank you so much for the purchase! we had one other person have the same problem, we submitted an update today to fix it, which should come out next week, depending on review times. If it doesn't work for you after that update, please email me at jordanfwc (at) gmail (dot) com and let me know and we will work our butts off to fix it!

thanks for giving it a shot anyways!! :D

16. MrGreed

MrGreed Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Can someone explain to me what the different IAP purchases are?

Do I need to buy something to unlock all the levels?

17. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I will smash buy if this is getting mfi support. Any news on that?

18. cadillackills

cadillackills Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    Another mfi wish list purchase. Got the free version, but any dev that actually listens to the community deserves the touch arcade bump!

19. pinOi32

pinOi32 Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2014
    #59 pinOi32, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    That would be great jordanfwc! it crashes after "VDO Games" appears on the screen for a few seconds... But I'll understand if you're unable to...

And PSJ, I would get a new iDevice if possible, but I just cAn't at this time because of certain issues...

20. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    The New Game + iap gives you New game + mode and allows you to level the weapons up to level 20 ($2.99)
    survival mode iap gives you the wave based survival mode and the sniper rifle weapon ($2.99)
    deal of the day gives you both those iaps for 5 bucks,
    5 million gold and all weapons is a cheat iAP for if you are getting stuck ($2.99)

it looks like we are gonna be able to get it in the first big content update

thank you sir!

we are on it!