Universal Cally's Caves 2 (by Jordan Pearson)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 30, 2014.

1. jordanfwc

jordanfwc Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Thanks for the tip orangecan!! we will definitely correct that, like turning the bats a lighter shade of green or something... Thank you for supporting our game and taking the time to write us your feedback! :D

2. rco

rco Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Holy battery hog, Batman!

3. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Sorry about that!!! It's a pretty resource-intensive game, surprisingly. I need to become a better coder :D

4. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    I guess I have short fingers but I find left/right controls to be too big on Ipad.

5. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback Duke, we have heard that from a few people, so we will be putting in a control slider (and hopefully a swipe control option) in our first update! Sorry the controls are a bit big for you, but we will work hard to make that aspect more accessible for everyone :)

6. brybry

brybry Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    #46 brybry, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
    Can you say, "love at first sight" ??? I CAN!!!

I friggin' love this game! I'm not usually big on action platformers but this game stole my heart. The look and feel works very well for me. The artistic style makes me smile. The level design is nice as well. Every level is different in length and completing a level doesn't always go from left to right but vise versa and I love that! The leveling system is nice! Shoot baddies and get experience for your weapon. Not to mention that each weapon has its pros and cons but each pro and con is different for each set piece. I'm on level 30 thus far only because I killed my battery otherwise i'd be further #.

This game is great and I can't wait to keep playing! Thank you dev!

7. 1HKO

1HKO Member

Jul 1, 2014
    We've had a lot of ideas for CC2 that we weren't really able to put in, and coupled with the feedback we're getting here, I guarantee that the next Cally's Caves will be another huge jump as this was from the original!

Once again, thanks everyone for the feedback, I can't thank you enough! This is a very exciting time for us because we finally get to see everyone's thoughts on this project Jordan and I (with a lot of help from our friends and beta-testers!) have been working on for quite a few months!

Now time to catch up on these video playthroughs :)

8. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
  9. tehvar

tehvar Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Awesome! My 3yr old son loved the first one... Thank you giving me and my son something to really bond over. This is an insta-download for me!

10. iSupah

iSupah Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Woo!!! Cally's back baby!! Jordan, not sure if ya remember me but I was the one posting all the fails that happen to me in CC1 that made you laugh. I'm glad you guys made CC2. Cally's back and ready to rock it! And I can't wait to see what fails would happen to me this time around! Woo!!!

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yep loving this game, my game of the week for sure and i straight away bought the IAP to help the devs.

Must admit i've started playing the first game again, really liked it just got swamped by other apps so 'ahem' i forgot about the first one.

This ones much improved but both games are great and well worth picking up

12. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Yes!!! This is the kind of stuff we love to hear! When I was a kid I used to play Atari ST games like gauntlet 2 and archaic flight simulators with my Dad. It is deeply meaningful to think that someone could use our game to have that same experience with their son! Thank you so much for sharing :D

iSupah, of course I remember!! So glad to have you back my friend :D.
    So this time you will still have lots of fails/defeats, but your progress is saved at every level and you can warp to anywhere youve been... so hopefully the fails are more funny and less frustrating because you don't lose a ton of progress. Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

13. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Thank you so much for supporting us PSJ! Yeah the first and second games are very similar in some ways and very different in others. Hopefully the second game is a bit more accessible, as we had a lot of people say the first one was very hard!

Thank you for the gameplay video Stella, we just shared it on the facebook group and our twitter account @callyscaves !!

14. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Loving this game despite some minor control issues do to lack of finger dexterity! Any plans for implementing ICade compatibility?

15. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    We are working on MFI control right now!!! and hopefully icade soon after. We are also working on control resizing options for more customization :D

16. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

Great game - I'm having loads of fun with it. One of the few free games that makes you feel guilty you're playing it for free rather than feeling like you live in a world driven entirely by greed.

Thank you!

17. iSupah

iSupah Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Woo! Just as I expected, this one is pure awesome! You guys put the retro back in retro platformer games. I really am enjoying this Jordan! Nicely done! Kudos to you guys. I bought the IAP to support you two. This is really fun and way better than the first. Glad to see you two has vastly improved. So you know I already had my first fail right? Just was shooting and leveling the shotgun (love the weapon level feature) and I saw 4 precious gems! I double jump but realize I couldn't make it..andd fell into spikes! GAME OVER! Loving ever minute of this!

Also, now I realize why Cally died by touching water in the first game! Dang it Cally, why couldn't your parents give you swimming lessons!?

18. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Thank you so much Planetshooter!!! You can always buy the iAP or soundtrack at the callys caves bandcamp if you would like to support us! The soundtrack is 3 bucks and you get all the tracks from the game... But of course we are just happy people are playing it and enjoying the game!

as you can see here we got an 88% on this review on Arcadelife :D

thank you so much for supporting us iSupah, I was wondering if you'd be back for round two!!! Yeah Cally's parents aren't the most responsible people are they? They keep getting kidnapped and dont even get their daughter swimming lessons! *shakes head*
    We are glad you like the weapon levelling feature, we really wanted to get that right :D

thanks so much for the feedback, if you like the game, tell a friend and help us make another game in the series!! Being such a small indie, we haven't gotten the hugest amount of coverage, hopefully we might land a toucharcade review (but we are already super lucky and grateful to be in the new releases article from this morning). All we care about is making awesome games for people to play through for free, and we hope to continue doing that, so if you enjoyed it, spread the word and help us keep going!

19. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    What a delightful little gem! A little rough around the edges (could use some bugfixes) but I like it.

Any tips on how to beat the robot on level 64 btw?