Calling out future iPod Touch 4G owners

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by MicroByte, Sep 3, 2010.

1. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Who here is excited? I cannot wait to get my hands on the new model. Cannot wait for:

* Retina Display - I actually haven't seen the iPhone 4 display so am hoping that it is everything people say it is.
    * Faster Processor - my iPad screams and I am looking forward to my touch doing the same
    * Cameras - yeah, heard the debate about the camera specs, but it'll be nice to have them available wherever I am. I don't own a cell phone *gasp* so it will be nice to always have a camera with me

So looking forward to next week! My iPod get's more use than any of my other consoles/portables so this will be the best version yet. My sons will be happy since they get my 3rd gen hand me down, not too shabby!

2. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    i was excited.. then i realized how skinny this thing is.. and the camra ..sure it will have one.. time will tell if it takes a decent looking picture.. or will it be all blury. when views on anything but the iphone/pod. i just think jobs needs to retire and let someone else take over.

after jobs is gone i think just maybe we will get the devices we want.. and not what jobs things we should have and thank him for it.

now i did see a case that acted as a external battery pack too.. that wold be the cae i would need for the ipod 4.. to make the dang thing thicker.

on the fence if im gonna upgrade.. I will def be waiting till they are in the store to play with before i decide.

this winter all these new tablets are suppose to come out too.. so i may try one of them out.. anyhow.. congrats on getting a generation 4.. please do comment on how well the battery life is..

if jobs would of made it as thick as the iphone we could of got kick ass battery.. but jobs would not want the ipod touch out lasting the iphone in battery life... would make the iphone look bad. only reason i can think he made the ipod touch thinner.
    chris.

3. MicroByte

I agree, it's not the perfect device and has it's limitations, I think all devices do. In the eyes of the beholder (me), this is a great step up on an already great device.

I know the routine, something is added year after year, but I think the upgrades are worth it this year. I'm sure next year we will probably get better camera's that shoot pictures/video in 3D, retina Display 2 with 3d, 3d Microphones and speakers and it will be 1/2 as thick as this years model, but I'm happy with what this product has to offer (for me).

4. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Im in! When is the exact release date? I hear kinda vague crap on teh interwebs.

I guess I am more excited about the processor and display than anything, my camera will have fingerprints all over it so that doesnt matter to me! hahaahaa.

5. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar

6. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    Not sure of the exact date, but i know its sometime next week.

i believe they are already starting to ship them

7. MicroByte

Mine is set to be delivered between September 10 - 15th, hasn't shipped yet. I ordered about an hour after the announcement.

8. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apple products have always been about the experience and aesthetics of using them, not spec sheets. When Steve Jobs finally retires, that design culture is going to persist.

9. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Lol, took the words right out of my month.

On topic: I can't wait for mine!

10. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I remember last year the new iPods were available the day after the free iPod w/new Mac offer ended. if it's the same this year then it'll be the 8th I think

11. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    yeah i see your point. i do not have much track record with mac. i know he left the company, then came back.

was steve there when they made the G3? that is the only mac i ever got to use a few times a week.. for editing commercials at the cable Chanel ( was a Spanish Chanel ) i worked at during university. and i hated the mouse on that thing.

chris.

12. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    so apple almost died off, is that the reason steve came back to apple? was he pushed out of apple? i know the video game they put out during this time was silly.

the apple pippin i think was the name of the console.

chris.

13. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    well I just got my 3rd gen less than 8 months ago and the specs on the 4th gen aren't enough to make me want to upgrade right yet. I think I am going to wait until next years model, upgrade, and use my 3rd gen as a strictly jail broken device.

14. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    The CEO of Apple fired Steve Jobs. Then Steve Jobs made his own company, 'NeXT'. Then Apple bought NeXT so Steve was back :p Something like that.

15. MicroByte

All I know, love him or hate him, Steve has made a huge impact on Apple and Apple has made a huge impact all over the world.

I wonder what things would be like if Apple crumbled?

16. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    If that happened we would all own Zunes. :p

17. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I'm going to try to get one for Christmas this year, although I don't know how successful I'll be. There's so many added features I want in it (particularly native multitasking/backgrounds and retina display), and after completely scratching up my current iPod's screen, along with a nice crack in the corner, I could definitely use a new one.

18. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I might get the 4th gen iPotch next moth for my b-day.

And I know apple is trying to market the gaming, but I still believe the 3ds is going to be dominant. Even apple can't beat 3d as of now. But I want to get the 4g because of other stuff non-gaming. Retina is nice, plus the speakers are blown on my 2g. So it'll be a good investment.

19. MicroByte

I like that the 3DS actually has some decent hardware with it and the 3d feature seems nice, but I think I like my iPod Touch more just because I always have it with me and it has many more features (apps galore) that I can use at any time.

Don't get me wrong, a 3DS will be in my future also!

20. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    #20 sid187, Sep 4, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
    you know i would not take to much merit into this 3d fad. its not the consumer pushing it, its the industry.. ( thats my opinion.. and i came to this conclusion when doing research for my new entertainment system for the living room.. ) problem is the technology just aint ready.

im, sure it will be fun, and novel.. i just do not think its gonna be mind blowing for another 20 years.

jobs gave the ipod enough to push developers to start developing better games using the hardware.. kind hard to do when it was just the iphone.. but now they can justify developing for it.. thats how i look at this.

if you find a battery pack for the ipod that looks like a case.. let me know. thats what i would need to thicken that thing up some for my big hands.

chris.