Universal Call of Snakes - (by Magic Cube)[Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 12, 2012.

1. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    That would be nice. Maybe a secondary power bar under the energy bar that appears. Hopefully they put a lot into a sequel. Having a second set of art assets would be cool for the bigger devices. Really, it would be nice if instead you got to see the full map rather than just zoomed in with nicer art for the ipad. That would really make me want to play this on the bigger screen.

2. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Yes, and for the smaller screen maybe it would be good to indicate where offscreen enemies are.

3. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Stuff like that would really expand my enjoyment of the game. Still, this is one of my favorite ios experiences.

I finished City 1&2 with 3 stars each. Now just 8 more levels.

4. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    That's cool, seems like there is a ton of game to be had but also a lot of room for a sequel. Hopefully more people start playing this one so that they will be motivated. I wonder if it would be easier for them just to do a massive patch with some additional stuff.
    Also, is it just me or does it have a somewhat Japanese vibe?

5. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I think the devs are Japanese, though I'm not 100% sure. Maybe I'll google them later.

6. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Yeah that makes sense. Almost has a bomberman vibe.

7. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Best I could find was an obscure reference to the dev being Korean. Where ever they are from, they seem to have an original flair for games and I like how the character designs are re-used across many of the titles.

Anyway, this is their official site:
    http://magiccubegames.com/

8. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Woot! Finished a few more levels. Now 6 to go and the achievement is mine.

9. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    How would u rate the difficulty?

10. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    If 10 was nearly impossible and 1 was more like watching a movie than playing a game I'd say its a solid 7.

11. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Finally finished the 10th level of the City in CoS... but I didn't get the achievement. I think I must have to 3 star every level which means I have 9 levels to go back and finish quicker for that 3 star award.

Sooooo close.

12. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    Yes, seems like you need to 3-Star everything to get the achievement, as it did not unlock for me too. Really nice game though, well worth the 99 cents.

Anyone 3-starred City Level 3 and 5? Pretty hard to do for me.

13. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Nope. I 2 starred that one.

The levels I have left that are only 2 stars...

Plains of Snow: 6, 7, 8 & 10
    City: 3, 5, 7, 8, 10

City 9 was a fluke. I died on that so many times and then all of a sudden played with the Heavy Armored dude as my lead and just plowed through it in record time.

On a side note I tried out Army Tactics Boot Camp (the free version of the game) since I like that Magic Cube re-use a lot of their character art between games and it fires up with the same rocking tune from CoS, so I felt right at home. Nicely they list character names for the crossover characters. Man that game was hard though... still, it's a solid turn based strategy game. I may buy that next if I can get past the difficulty on the free version.

14. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I think levels 3 & 5 of the City may be unbalanced. Even when I blast everything in site at lightning speed I am left with enemies spawning after the time flips for the 2 star rank.

I still have 7, 8 &10 as well and I've been very close on 7. I think the shot gun wielder or the speedy one seem to be the best due to their raw speed but I'm all for any advice on who might be better.

15. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Last night I managed to finish City 7, so that bumped me up to 12th in the world. I think City 8 is in reach. Getting 2 stars is pretty much not a big deal but getting 3 in some of these later levels is proving to be a bigger challenge than I imagined. Still, I love this game.

16. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Is Nimble Quest superior to this?

17. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I haven't played either in ages, but I preferred this one.

18. lucia han

lucia han Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Artist (Army Wars Defense, Infect Them All, The lo
    A sequel of this game is launched! It's Call Of Commander. To celebrate this, we are going to give away 10 promocodes for the game. 10 winners will be announced tonight. (On Jan. 15th, PST) Please check here http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=279666 and Don't miss it! :)

19. lucia han

lucia han Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Artist (Army Wars Defense, Infect Them All, The lo
    'Call of Snakes' just went free to celebrate the launch of 'Call of Commander'! :)