Call of duty: world at war, full version for iPhone?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Desparobo, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Desparobo

Desparobo Active Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Treyarch, makers of Call of Duty: World at War, are saying they're taking a close look at the possibility of expanding their selection of titles in that series for the iPhone. In an interview, their community manager, John Olin, said that more iPhone titles are "a definate possibility", mentioning that they were encouraged by Ideaworks's Call of Duty: World at War: Zombies [App Store, $9.99] release.
    To date, CoD:WaW:Zombies has sold over 11 million copies. He says that the classic full version of CoD:WaW "would be a natural fit" on the iPhone.

Thoughts........

2. This would make an epic win for the iPhone. We got Rock Band, getting Guitar Hero, the only logical move is Call of Duty, and maybe Halo. I know Rock Band and Halo aren't Activision, they're just great games.

3. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Halo is made by Microsoft, ever think about that :rolleyes:?

This would be really awesome, it looks like big devs are finally starting to realize the buisness they could have on the iDevice.

4. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

Halo is made by Bungie Studios, published by Microsoft

5. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Either way, they are still connected to Microsoft.

6. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
  7. They made the first Halo on Macs, and MS is considering Office for iPad. I don't think MS is as bad as Nintendo.

8. Desparobo

Desparobo Active Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Sorry! My bad I should have searched first. I saw this on iphone alley and immediatly posted.
    This would be epic! They really did alot with the two zombie maps, but a full scale, console-sized game? The maps would be 10 times the size of the zombie ones! I can see this game being over a gig in size. And, of course I'll take the leap of faith and say maybe a possible team deathmatch/coop online multiplayer? *fingers crossed*

9. Karnith

Karnith Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Well, the reason that Microsoft might license Office for the iPad is because they have no counterpart to the iPad that's in competition with it. So it'd essentially just be profit for them.

However, since Microsoft has the Zune, and Microsoft essentially owns Bungie, there is little to no possibility of seeing it on the iPod. Besides, we have NOVA, which is essentially the same as Halo anyway.

And Nintendo has essentially the same reason as Microsoft for not releasing games on the iPod: they have a handheld of their own. There's no logical reason to give an edge to your competitors.

10. gatorsxrule

gatorsxrule Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    School
    Florida
    #10 gatorsxrule, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
    11 million*9.99=109,890,000
    Holy Crap even with apples cut that's amazing

edit: found out apple gets 30% so they get 32,967,000 dollars out of that so treyarch still made 76,923,000 dollars, DAMN!