Universal Call of Duty: Strike Team (By Activision)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Wow, release out of the blue.

2. lordyokomoto

lordyokomoto Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Erm did I miss something......... iOS 7 not launched yet or has it lol !!!!!

3. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    No but some people have it from developer licenses.

4. Pham

Pham Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Denmark
    I ought to get a new iPhone, this 4 isn't holding up any longer. No CoD: Strike Team for me. And a lot of other games, lol.

5. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    This game just made me appreciate the effort and finesse that gameloft put into their first person shooters and their various control types.

This game is so ugly and cluttered that it makes COD Declassified look like an AA game.

Thank God that my Killzone Mercenary is on it's way to my post box and that there are still Modern Combat 5 and Dead Trigger 2 coming, otherwise I would have lost hope in mobile FPSs.

I am done playing this game. It just goes to show that big publishers would never be the saviour of mobile gaming.

Back to splinter cell blacklist.

6. incineratee

incineratee Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    I am really annoyed by the fact that they do not release this in some countries. We have crappy games like pitfall or skylanders from activision but not this...

And the funny thing is, there are still some people who complains about the price and waits for discount while some of us can not even get the game for the full price.

7. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    So whats the word on this guys? Is it a good buy or what? What game does it closest resemble on IOS?

8. SirFobos

SirFobos Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Police Officer
    Kansas City
    Really digging the game right now. But I don't understand why they developed a game for iPhone so that when you get a text it exits out of the game and then you have to start the level entirely over instead of just pausing your status. Hopefully they will fix in first update. I had to play the damn tutorial 3 times because I kept getting texts from friends about this very game lol.

9. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Hmmm that hasn't happened to me, yet. How good is hiding bodies. Takes me back to the MGS days

10. [M&B]Games

[M&B]Games Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Is there even a purpose to hiding bodies? I haven't been playing stealthy at all because I have been screwing around like I do in Call of Duty.

11. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Anyone have a list of guns?

12. Wow. This looks pretty awesome, surprised it released with no press.

13. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    It does exactly what you would think it does. Guards don't notice so you can knife whole areas. Extra medals

14. Wow, so many pages on this thread, this one is the first impression that sounds really promising. Hope to read this in many more posts in the coming pages.

15. [M&B]Games

[M&B]Games Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    There he is!

16. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    It's not designed that way; it's just that your iPhone caches most of the data for the game into your RAM, reaching max capacity. You open your texts, and overflow the cached data. Thus, it closes.

iPhone 5 owners should close all apps so they don't experience the same problem. When getting texts and such.

17. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Thanks for your input. You have the same taste as me and if this is no way near what modern combat is then I'll pass. It is good to see these big devs throwing there franchises into the ring. I hope this gets other devs to do so as well

18. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    You do realize this is a tactical shooter, right? It's designed to be played patiently.

19. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    ...Which is the very antithesis of the typical Call of Duty player... Not knocking the game as it is right up my alley personally, but I can understand why some are disappointed. But the description is also pretty clear on what experience to expect when playing this also... So if folks bought this and are disappointed, they only have themselves to blame. From the description and the videos its very clear that this is not the typical CoD experience; but it is still pretty damn good!