Universal Call of Duty: Strike Team (By Activision)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Diaboliq

Diaboliq Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Does it work on the 4S? Or is 4S phone just considered a 4? Too much money to buy and find out afterwards

2. Deixa

Deixa Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    1.31GB but no multiplayer? Pure bull****
    It's like buying CoD Ghost but has no multiplayer

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Next you'll be telling me you've never heard of the Kardashians.

4. [M&B]Games

[M&B]Games Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    The who now?

5. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    #125 chimpman252, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
    On one hand this sounds like a step in the right direction for COD. Doing something OTHER THAN just running, aiming, and shooting I mean. I'll be honest, the first/third person perspective switching looks like a genuinely interesting gameplay mechanic.

On the other hand minus the whole perspective switching aspect it's just a generic shooter with a big brand name plastered on it.

Also what is up with the auto aim button? That takes away like a third of COD's gameplay.

Will not be picking this up.

6. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Agreed.
    Who are they?
    Have played a strike force mission yet, but might just to see how it goes.

7. iPadCary

iPadCary Active Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Civil Servant
    New York City
    Yeah, But ....

I see your point.

Nevertheless, MC will have it's derrieré handed to it once the Frostbite3-powered "Battlefield" hits.
    Then look out ....

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    When I saw JBRUU quoted you I was about to chime in with an incredibly helpful "do yourself a favour and don't start now", but it appears I was too late. Still, no multiplayer... in terms of Call of Duty, that's basically a plus.

9. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    guys stop complaining please and give this a try. its way better than cod declassified. and features a very coll optional tactic approach. its definitely worth 7 bucks!!!

10. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    My kids normally play the big fancy titles and I normally stick to old-fashioned 8-bit homages. This really is very good. Don't really do multiplayer games either. I honestly have not heard of the Kardashians either. Do they ride motorbikes?

11. Lerisbo1192

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    and also the controls would've been perfect if we could just move the iron sight button. but right now its great anyway. they didn t come up with a tap to move. the player is fast enough depending on how you drag the stick so there really is no need for sprint button

12. Lerisbo1192

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    i wish i had

13. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    And what sources do you have to back this?

14. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Well dice has been talking about making mobile games with the Frosbite Go, a mobile version of the frosbite engine. Nothing other than that for now.

15. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012

Battlefield 4 Commander mode (SSE App) will be powered by Frostbite Go.
    It will probably launch simultaneously with Battlefield 4 release.

16. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    COD: Zombies didn't drop in price for 8 months, and even then it only went from $9.99 to $7.99.

Speaking of which, how is this compared to COD: Zombies? I assume it light years ahead since it's being released almost 4 years later. I really enjoyed that game and have kept it on my phone for ages even though I never play it anymore. Maybe I'll finally replace/upgrade it (although it will still be hard to delete it).

17. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Cod zombies will always be a staple on iOS. I still think it's way ahead of it's time. You can still pick it up and it plays amazingly. at 70 mb, the size of each of map, controls, gameplay. It was brilliantly optimized. Now all the big games are 2 gb or close to it.

You can't go wrong with Cod Zombies.

18. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Totally agree. And while they had IAPs, my memory is that it was just for new maps, which is totally reasonable. I have never really been able to get into MC3 or 4 (bought both) because a) I always get thrown into matches with far superior players so it gets frustrating, and b) you can pay to improve your player/gear. I think this version is more liberal with IAPs, but I'll probably pick it up anyway as long as the majority of the reviews continue to be good.

19. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    I find it exciting seeing different spins on the franchise. Seems like there's a few tricks left in the *cough cough* old dog yet. There is no MP but its better for it. It's closer to the Arkham Asylum challenge levels mixed with Splinter Cell. You are trying to nail that perfect level.

Whether its hiding a member in a locker so he can flank and counter possible reinforcements, disabling alarms or giving your sniper ground advantage there is something you can always experiment with.

It's not about carnage it's about trying to nail a perfect "strike". This adds to the tension and immersion in the level.

It's obviously not perfect. The AI can be a bit odd. It takes a while to get used to the controls. It's a pretty busy UI. The story is the usual Tom Clancy for kids stuff.

Seriously though for $7 this is top tier ios gaming.

:)

20. lordyokomoto

lordyokomoto Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    For those complaining 6.99 is a steal... Just think of the poor ps vita peeps who had to pay £45 for basically a pile of shit...cod declassified.... I'm quit happy to pay this ....as I'm an old git and can remember only paying 9.99 for a top of the range PC game ;) when i was a lot
    Younger ;)