Universal Call of Duty: Strike Team (By Activision)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 5, 2013.

1. [M&B]Games

[M&B]Games Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Something else I just found: If you link your CoD ELITE account you get 100 from tokens.

2. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    No multiplayer but im still downloading it, its in finnish app store :)

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Demmet, not on the PH appstore. I hope my sister-in-law's not busy. Imma bug her to buy me an itunes card. :D

4. mr_joe

mr_joe Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2012
    What a great day for ios: call of duty strike team and 2k drive out today

5. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    This is killing me! It's been stuck downloading at the same spot for so long! (It's about 1/4 done). Btw, what's the installed size? (I didn't see it in the thread, but I might have just missed it.

6. pixelpowa

pixelpowa Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2013
    Indie Game Dev
    U.S.
    Alright, I bit the bullet on this one. I'm on an iPad mini, and I was able to play for maybe five minutes before it crashed. It periodically stutters and stops recognizing my touches when moving/aiming (so I have to retap to continue on, which is really irritating).

I think a few things on my end might've caused this though. I didn't restart my iPad before I started playing, and I was also downloading the RR3 and The Room updates, which also might've affected it.

Controls-wise it feels pretty similar to Gameloft's shooters, just with a few extra buttons for squad mechanics, and there's also a button on either side of the screen to "snap" between targets, which is pretty handy. Haven't had time to check if you can customize button placement though.

So, first impressions: I'm cautiously optimistic. The animations are really nice (higher quality than Gameloft's), and while it feels kind of run-of-the-mill so far, the squad mechanics do look pretty neat. The stuttering's annoying, but I imagine if you have an A6 chip it'll run pretty smooth.

I'll come back and post again after I can give it some more time.

7. Cg2005

Cg2005 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2011
    DC
    After install, it's 2.0 gb. Also, I don't know know if it has been mentioned or not, but there is cloud saving which is a very nice feature if you want to switch between devices. The only caveat to this is that you must create an Activision account first, but even then, you can opt out of receiving any emails, etc. This is turning out to be a very good purchase.

8. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Thanks. I can always use the phone I guess, but if it runs on another dual core 512mb device, iPad 2 shouldn't be a crash fest atleast. :)

9. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    I think it was a stupid idea to make an Xcom game a squad based FPS OR TPS, but I'd rather (if they really had to do that) play it in first person, rather then thrid. I don't own Xcom PC, EW dlc looks awesome!!

10. RamazAdelphos

RamazAdelphos Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2013
    I really want this game but worried about how much battery it will drain?:/. And I can't charge and play because something is wrong with my itouch.

11. RamazAdelphos

RamazAdelphos Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Also how does this compare to MC4 which I have

12. chiraagnt

chiraagnt Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Yeah I'm damn pissed at EA like WTF.. This is how these games should be done. What have they done to FIFA! :(

13. Waks

Waks Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Philippines
    I think this will be a really nice buy.. Going to download in a bit! :)

/offtopic

I'm nearly done with Asphalt 8 anyway.. about 700 stars already and without sufficient grinding, I dont see myself getting anywhere quickly. lol

14. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Wow. The quility is off the charts, this is AWESOME. I'll need some time to get used to the top down and the controls, but WOW. This is one of the best FPS games on the App Store. You also don't start out with crappy weapons at the start (though I'm sure they will be in later missions) The game has great animation, great new elements (for a mobile), and solid controls. One thing that I've had a hard time with, is that whenI press the fire butten, it usually aims down sights, which is kind of annoying, but fine, this game is an easy five stars after playing the first mission.

15. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Keeps crashing on my 4S. Not sure if it's because of iOS 7 or the 4S not being powerful enough. I can't get very far into the first mission because of that, but the game is pretty fun from what I've seen. Hopefully the issue gets fixed soon.

16. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    I'd think it was iOS 7, as people with iPod 5s (roughly the same specs, except for the screen, I think) say it's working fine.

17. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    OMFG!!! So instabuy!!!

18. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    It's possible. Wouldn't be the first game that didn't work properly on iOS 7. Someone with an iPad mini posted similar problems, though.

In any case, with the probable release of iOS 7 in a week or two, hopefully Activision will be quick to submit a fix. I just hope it's before GTA V is released, otherwise I'll never get to play this game.

19. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    This is just a crazy week. Three supposedly "big" releases with this, 2013: Infected and 2K Drive. Yet it sounds like each one of them has glaring flaws. Think I'll just sit on the sidelines and enjoy the fireworks.

What happened to the days of good premium games with nearly universal acclaim? Seems like some of it is taking advantage of a household name like CoD and some just sloppy mix of blandness and greed.

Funny that Gameloft, often the target of those same criticisms, has won generally universal acclaim for Asphalt 8's somewhat good balance of great gameplay and fair IAP system.

This game (and the other two biggies this week) will require some more convincing before I dive in.

20. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    Having the same issue : / I'm sure it's ios 7