Universal Call of Duty: Strike Team (By Activision)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 5, 2013.

1. ZebraHouse

ZebraHouse Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    South Tyrol/Italy
    Looks great

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #62 backtothis, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
    Sure does look good. These were indeed the best missions in Black Ops II. Haven't picked up anything this week yet, but this looks like a great alternative to getting 2013.

3. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Everyone complaining about people complaining about the higher price tag, please stop. You're all I'm starting to see in a lot of threads now so..

Have anyone gotten a sober view on the IAPs in this game yet? Also, anyone tried it on iPad 2?

4. wolfie9090

wolfie9090 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Multiplayer?

5. chiraagnt

chiraagnt Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Omg call of duty!!! Can't believe it lol! This and the release of FIFA next week will make for a totally awesome iOS gaming week :D now if only Valve releases Team Fortress 2 on iPhone :p

6. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Not sure about IAPs, but the opening mission ran okay on my iTouch, and from what I understand that's roughly equivalent to an iPad 2. Some minor slowdown, but nothing gamebreaking. Activision seem to have gone for lower detail textures to get more draw distance and level furniture in - probably since you'll be seeing it from up in the sky a lot of the time - and it works pretty well at first glance IMO. Still, that's just the first few minutes.

7. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    So is this FPS? Is there multiplqyer?

8. [M&B]Games

[M&B]Games Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    I know it's a joke, but oh God please no. TF2 on mobile would bloooowwww. Unless it was MvM only. That might actually be fun.

9. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Being able to switch from first person to an overhead view at anytime seems like an amazing mechanic for an iOS game. Now I can actually place my boneheaded AI squadmate in a tactically appropriate position and jump back in the fight. Shoot....I told myself to stop buying FPS games on iOS because I always struggle with the controls more than I enjoy the game, but I don't think I can pass on this.

10. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Some valid points, but all caps and saying that CoD Zombies was crap completely discredited the rest of your post.

11. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Strike Force missions got a whole game basically,and it works out well it looks like! I had fun with them in the campaign of Black Ops II.

12. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Fifa will most likely be pay to play nothing to get excited about - the death of a franchise.

13. dexter77

dexter77 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    One word....instabuy!!!

14. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012

$6.99 way too much for a freemium game. Have you seen the IAP goes up to $109!!! Why didn't they just do an XCOM and give us the game for $15??

I regret buying this now. Graphics and sound are ok but XCOM kills this as far as immersion and strategy. Ex Deus also was much, much better. Had to laugh when taking out an enemy from top down view was just a single tap on a tiny icon - no challenge, no AI fight back just tapping on an ant!!??? Staggeringly boring!!

This should have been 99 cents with the freemium crap or $15.

Call of Duty on PC is great but sorry to say this is absolute crap and just a money grab using the name.

15. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    Looks great but am not enjoying this freemium crap. Why the hell $7.49 then on top IAP's going up to $109 ?? One or the other please. And AI is bad bad so far.

Can only hope it gets better but am very disappointed so far. Was an instabuy. for me because I've got almost every COD on PC but don't like it so far.

16. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    This is why I'm glad I waited on 2013:IW. Instabuy!!!! I don't own a console but I'm a big CoD fan, and I LOVE this type of game (can you move around and aim down sights? Also, if yes to those questions, can you do that individually for each squad member?) the game looks like what the new Xcom game should have been!! (With FPS instead of TBS etc.) I'm so excited!!!!

17. [M&B]Games

[M&B]Games Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    #77 [M&B]Games, Sep 5, 2013
    Let me just say, you don't need the IAP to play by any means. The game is very generous with tokens and EXP.

EDIT: Actually, from what I am noticing, you don't even need tokens. They just speed up the grind to unlock things. But you can unlock it all through leveling by exp I believe.

EDIT 2: Oh, also you unlock more survival maps by beating missions.

18. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    Does this game save? I just left the game and went back and its starting the mission all over again instead of continuing.

19. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Love it how people are bringing out "XCOM" as a comparison for this. It's as if because this has a top down thing it becomes a potential xcom beater. Half the run and gun games on ios are top down. If there was a gun bros 3 release now it could be called as "a mix between xcom and ...."

20. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #80 Bool Zero, Sep 5, 2013
    Came in to say the same. I was excited for that game, then reserved and now disinterested. This will get my $7 in its place. Almost thought it was going to be a week with nothing to grab!

Edit: I will disagree with you on the whole " what the new Xcom should have been comment" though. As a long time Xcom fan who also happens to be very open to change, I bought the recent "The Bureau: Xcom Files" the 3rd person shooter based on the Xcom series going in with no reservations or prejudices and I can honestly say that the franchise just doesn't work in that mode; or at least not the way they executed the game. I can see Xcom working as a tactical FPS with multiplayer, but as a single player experience we are just not there yet to deliver what would be acceptable; not et on console and definitely not yet on iOS!

FYI: XCom: Enemy Within comes out in Oct/Nov timeframe and it looks awesome!