Universal Call of Duty: Strike Team (By Activision)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 5, 2013.

1. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Still no MP? :(

2. Dang, ipad crashed 4 times so far trying to install the update. After ios 7, my ipad has so many problems installing large files, sigh.

3. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    My god, the controls are atrocious! For some reason I keep automatically aiming down my sights! The hit detection is off, and knifing seems impossible. The HUD CAN NOT be manipulated for easier gameplay experience, so you're stuck with the same control scheme! Also I'd like to point out that the environments are very bland, and I'd recommend MC4 over this game.

Anyone else having control issues?

4. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    What is 'iPad air scaling issue' could someone provide a screenshot? Is the game playable?

5. mako9227

mako9227 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2013
    Is this game better now that it has controller support? And is there controller support for ipod 5?

6. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Question : is the new update a a full size 900 MB or is it a patch?

7. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    The iPod 5 is supported as far as I know. That and the 5 and 5S. Not sure bout the 5C. This would probably be loads of fun with a controller. To bad no iPad supported ones yet.

8. hourglass

hourglass Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Do you still have to pay to unlock certain guns?

9. dwerny

dwerny Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It would be nice if you could swipe down to crouch, like trigger fist.

Picked this game up a few weeks ago. I'm enjoying it. The death animations are really well done! The drone view adds a nice element of planning out your strategy. I end up playing mostly in FPS mode.

10. Yeah, I like FPS mode too, though it is fun once in a while when I am bored to switch to the overhead view.

11. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
  12. PaulEd7

PaulEd7 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Anyone know if today's update solved the crashing issues on ipad 2 and iPhone 4S ios7.0.4?

13. dwerny

dwerny Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The new aircraft carrier map is causing some lag on my iPad 4, running latest ios. I haven't had any lag issues on any other maps.

14. dwerny

dwerny Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #474 dwerny, Dec 21, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
    Wow, what the hell is up with the 4th mission in Afghanistan? I've been playing on veteran difficulty and I've found it really fair and just hard enough. But then you get to this mission and all of a sudden it is nearly impossible. Everything is fine until you have to use the chain gun to provide support. All of a sudden I'm dying literally every 2-3 seconds, burning through first aid kits at an unprecedented pace. I can't even find which of the guys is killing me. It's unbelievable.

Either I am missing something about this part of the mission, or they have introduced a straight up paywall at this point in the game (kits=tokens=money). I really liked this game right up until this point. Now all of a sudden it sucks?! What the hell?

Damn Activision, either I'm missing something about this mission, or you've just screwed me out of some money. Well done...I guess.

15. Definitely worth it, awesome game.

Very highly recommended!

16. Vector

Vector Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2013
    California
    Thinking about getting it, will it run good on 4s?

17. Runs good on the ipad 3 and ipad 4, so probably would work ok on an iphone 4s.

18. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Sorry if this Q had been asked before, but is there any way to get a PS3 controller to work with this game? I'm on a 5s 7.0.4 and can't get the Bluetooth to find the ps3 controller so no way to try that method, but wasn't sure if anyone's found a way (not jailbroken)?

19. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I've been wondering if it runs well on a 4s also, does anyone know how much free space is needed for installation.

20. Got bigger after update. Now 1.7 gb.

Even when it first came out, it ran buttery smooth on my underpowered ipad 3, which impressed me alot. They did a great job optimizing this game for my older device

Hopefully someone with an iphone 4s can comment on framerates for you.