Universal Call of Duty: Strike Team (By Activision)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 5, 2013.

1. miumius

miumius Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    How replayable/open/biggish is the survival mode?

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I've only done one and it was pretty small. It's a lot of fun, though, and the AI is quite decent.

3. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #423 Rip73, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
    First one is relatively small. I still wouldn't call it small as such as there is plenty of ground to cover but it is not complex.
    Third one is very large. Well, about three times larger more or less.
    And second one, well, twice as large as the first I suppose.

Third one is best for size. First one is relatively straightforward in comparison. And second one is current favourite because of its higher level.
    But overall, third one is the best and most challenging.

Plenty of replayabilty.
    Three locations on a globe map does imply that there will be more in the future. Hopefully.

In relation to an earlier question about pay wall from somedumbgamer (great username:)) and Connector.
    The game is 100% complete-able without iap. All campaign elements and all survival elements. No problem whatsoever.
    The only thing that would appear to some to be behind a paywall might be the final weapon for each class as they are expensive in relation to amount of tokens required, but they can still be earned through playing and earning tokens, they'll just take longer.
    Also, they offer no real advantage over the second guns as far as I've seen. They look a bit nicer and have some advantages but they come with some disadvantages as well and are not worth spending iap on to get.
    Particularly if you play the challenges, rank up and get as far as you can in survival, you will have enough to get them. It just will take a bit of time.
    All the second tier weapons do the job very nicely anyway so I'm not seeing much reason for them.
    A greater choice of weapons with more of a stat difference would be nice to be added.

4. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I'm on the last mission and I haven't even looked at the iAP. I've unlocked three guns so far, so I still have another one or two to go.

5. Well, I think this answers this question too. Way too much misinformation in this thread. Thanks, All.

6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Yeah I can't really compare the two, but they're both extremely fun, I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying both. Obviously this game has a level of polish you can only find at a AAA studio, but they both deserve more credit as games than they are getting

7. 2133

2133 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Student
    Indonesia
    Oh man the third survival map is kinda hard w/ the sniper rifle.

Enemies start to swarm you.
    Got to only wave 5 before I got mowed down by the enemy. I have to say, they are quite smart in taking cover.

8. sbirksy666

sbirksy666 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Best option for that is right at the back of the map right across from where you start, go left and back all the way and you should see a dumpster just hide behind that and easy mode lol :)

Hardest are the helicopters but easy mode for that is a LMG and keep shooting and snapshotting goes down in seconds lol

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I still don't like what they decided to do with the controls, but I must admit I'm enjoying the game quite a bit. Thanks all who helped convince me to buy.

10. 2133

2133 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Student
    Indonesia
    #430 2133, Sep 10, 2013
    Yes! Snipers for the win! Played legit, no hiding behind dumpsters (thanks for the tip BTW, will use that to grind a little bit).

I got up towave 12 before I gave up, since my ammo was gone, and I don't want to spend more coins. Besides, 10 up and those guys got extra health or something. What used to be a one shot is now two shot, and is quite hard since the ballista is slower.

Assault rifles tho, I waste too much ammo. One hit snipers will one hit kill (up to 10th wave), and the scavenger perk makes you take 2 ammo instead of one. Each round you'll only lose 1-4 bullets.

The pistol can be used quite effectively, if things get too close. The riot shield guys are easy to kill, just use the pistol to run behind them then knife those suckers.

11. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Well, you guys did it again and I ended up pulling the trigger...downloading now. I appreciate the feedback! Ill probably buy anything that Connector recomends and hope to see more premium games in the future, just wish I had more than 64 GB.

12. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Has anyone managed to find all of the intel pickups? I have one remaining from the Kowloon mission - Hard Fail. I've replayed this mission so many times that I've lost count, but I just can't find that final piece of intel!

13. #433 Connector, Sep 10, 2013
    Yeah, it can always use some refinements, especially to have all the buttons moveable. But since there are so many buttons, this maybe harder to do than some other fps games with a smaller subset of buttons.

But yeah, if they can do it, it would be nice, though I am a little doubtful that they will do it.

The one thing I would like to see if the devs see this, is to make the scope (zoomed aim) moveable. Or at least an option to throw it on the right side. While the alternative method, double tap is cool, it takes some time to get used to. I think many would like an option of just this one button to be on the right side.

Overall though, I do think the devs tried hard, especially with floating move, pan, moveable fire, and doubletap scope. It can always be more customizable, but the level of hate in this thread I thought was a little unfair.

Oh, by the way, I found a console like game that I think is bad for you just yesterday. 2k drive, it is terrible. And Blastrax, Dropchord, and Whirl the Squirrel are awesome non console games, so don't say I like only games cause they are console like. As kj said before, your games that you seem to be more active in seem to be the more console like games too.

Me too, I need at least 256 gb, only able to have on 2-3 2gb games on my current ipad 3 at a time which really sucks.

But hey, that is great that you got the game. I felt some of the criticism was a little unfair for this game, and really, as you can see from the latest comments, it is a great game.

I really like it, the diversity of playing either regular tps or as a strategic overhead point and move game is hella cool, and it really feels like it was made with touchscreens in mind and with a refreshing cool campaign like style.

Sure, if one is expecting a fast paced multiplayer FPS game, then sure it is not that. It is a cool hybrid game, the different ways to play are keep it fun for me, it doesn't get repetitive to me like some other good FPS games.

It is absolutely beautiful on an ipad 3, this maybe the best optimized for ipad 3 game there is. It runs amazingly well on an ipad 3, smoke billowing, particles, good framerates. Really impressive that they could do so much on an ipad 3. The polish is really amazing.

But yeah, enjoy the game, I know between this and Asphalt 8, the future is looking much brighter for ios gaming, cause it sure was beginning to look grim with freemium concerns outwaying game play.

But Call of Duty Strike Team breaks the mold. A good premium very console like game, built from the ground up for touchscreens, and works great on even an underpowered ipad 3.

All good things, enjoy. :)

14. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Fun using a sniper to get the helicopter down.
    Just spray and it goes down.

15. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Finally got to do some quick scoping in survival mode (third map). Really awesome stuff. Takes some getting used to, but man is it worth it. SO MUCH FUN

16. Jacky

Jacky Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Great love FPS game, downloading it!

17. I'm gonna try this survival mode right now, curious about what it is.

18. Wow, that survival is fun, and the hate on the AI, I just don't see it really either.

Man, the more I play this game, the more I like it.

And try this game through a high quality stereo or soundbar, wow loud pumping sounds add wonders to this game. The bass is awesome.

Believe it or not, I am beginning to like this better than Nova or Modern Combat, just the diversity in everything is cool, and the story is great.

Getting more used to the controls too especially the scope. Sometimes using the button, sometimes doubletapping, it's kinda fun using both methods.

So haven't made an activate account tso, so what is this for? Just to record high scores in survival mode, or is there more to it?

Multiplayer would be cool though, get a feel of what it would be like playing survival, but heck even as is, it is one hell of a game.

19. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Basically you use Activate to compete with friends for high scores on challenges. The more people you beat the more extra money you get. It's not for much else than that.

20. 2133

2133 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Student
    Indonesia
    Yeah bro. It's great!

Takes a while for those behind cover though.