Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (This game is the pwnage.)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Slapshot, Nov 4, 2009.

1. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Prob not still. All the kids have xbox live so all their friends want xbox live. But idk im just hopin not cuz I really have only ever had 2 obnoctious kids ever playing online. One of them was in socom which was terrible and i only got for the bluetooth headset and everybody kept telling him to shut the f up and then he apologized and stopped, and the other was in fat princess, and I don't even know why that kid was playin that game. MW2 I'll have a few more run-ins, but I'm hopin it'll be to a minimum on the ps3

2. alza

alza Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
  3. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    +1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

There's nothing like hearing a high-pitched voice laughing and failing at one prepubescent joke after another while he camps in the corner noob-tubing everybody.

4. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Well I been playing (multiplayer) for the past 3hours, so far the game appears to be a worthy sequel. I don't know if I'd call it a 10/10 game, maybe more like a 9/10. Its great but its not perfect, cant quite pinpoint whats wrong if anything with the game Ill have to play more. A lot of it has to do with taste I guess. Multiplayer definitely has a lot more style and achievements/extras to it then the last 2 CODs, but there are a few changes that I'm not sure yet if will be such a hit, mostly little things. When you get hit blood that looks like someone threw some cherry koolaid at the camera is what you see, its ok for an effect I suppose not sure if they coulda came up with somethin better. The movement in the game is more like COD4 and not quite as nimble as in WaW. Im gonna have to level up all the way and try out all the perks before I come to a better judgement on the game. So far its likeable, but does it stand up to the incredible hype. Well if it does, Id say just barely. Either way still one of the best games available I know that much.

5. Squirt Reynolds

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    Haven't bought it yet (didn't pre-order and there was no way in hell I was gonna camp out in front of BB/GS), and although your first impressions aren't exactly what I wanted to hear, the game still sounds good and i'm definitely getting it a.s.a.p.

BTW, thanks for posting early impressions of the game. Whether good or bad - and obviously yours weren't bad - it's always nice to hear some feedback as someone who doesn't yet have the game.

6. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Now who`s going to do this to their iPhone?
    [​IMG]

7. Squirt Reynolds

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    Is that the Johnny Walker symbol?

You silly drunk.

8. Phil_Synowiec

Phil_Synowiec Well-Known Member

Playing the multiplayer, beautiful game, but the multiplayer got a lot harder. Its really easy to kill people. I gotta get used to these maps =]

9. Blitsie

Blitsie New Member

Oct 9, 2009
    The multi-player is one of the main reasons I'll be getting this game,other than that,the co-op (special ops mode,I think) missions sound fun.

10. sour

sour Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    School...
    Aurora, Colorado
    Yes, the multiplayer is way different when you start playing, but you get used to it after a while. When I first went online, I felt like total garbage. I had below a 1.00 K/D ratio, but now that I've been playing for a couple of days, I'm used to the game and my K/D ratio is above 1.3 and it's going to keep moving up. :)

11. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    Where can I buy this case?!?

12. Phil_Synowiec

Phil_Synowiec Well-Known Member

Whats your Live gamertag? I just hit level 19 after a few hours of playing, i think im gunna play all day but my hands hurt lol

13. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Got my copy a few hours ago but only just turned it on cause I had to sleep... I went for PS3 cause I can't be bothered to pay for Gold membership on Live again and there are less annoying kids with mics... plus I'm expecting to play this a lot and it was CoD4 that broke my first 360 :rolleyes:

Single player first I think, let's roll!

14. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
  15. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Dunno if anyone's mentioned it yet, but the PS3 version update kinda broke the trophies, if you wanna unlock 'em delete the update and play offline. Luckily there are no online trophies so you'll be able to get as many as possible before they fix it.

16. Dylan1696

Dylan1696 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Photographer/Graphic Designer/Electronics engineer
    Debbie did it here in '78
    I wish I had a PS3 :(

17. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Holy crap only a few more minutes before I go to pick it up!!!! I've been dying all day!!!

18. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    I have to say this game does not dissapoint on the multiplayer. Enjoyed every aching moment I had with this game(hurt my back the day before). I really like the killstreak option and the reorganization of the perks. Though I really wish I had the nuke active when I had the 30+ kill streak. Oh and I wish the G3 was in the new one.

19. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    That's pretty funny. I've sometimes thought that video games get a little too realistic sometimes but this is pretty extreme :)

I do hope though that at least some of the kids running around on XBL talking shit all day, understand real war is a lot less glorified than what these games represent. Real lives are lost and long term trauma and disorders are common place...

Anyways... only 2 more hours for me till I can pick it up!!! I'm trying not to stare at the clock too much.