Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (This game is the pwnage.)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Slapshot, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Theta-Omega

Theta-Omega Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Classified
    Yeah, actually the EOtech is pretty good. It actually reduces fallout of damage over range.

2. Fudgeboy

Fudgeboy Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    sorry if i seem stupid, but what do you mean by EOtech? :confused:

also, thanks who ever the person was that recommended the RPD, i love that gun! its so fun to use :D

3. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    So you mean camp?

Or you could just rush into a spot overlooking their route, and then continue to rush towards their base. People think that they can kill you with the same route all game.

4. JoshC.

JoshC. Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    No. Its not camping at all, at least by my definition. I just don't sprint into the middle of everything. I move more strategically towards my destination, rather than smashing into other rushers where it turns into a reaction competition, or getting blown up by a tube cause I took a common lane. When it turns into a close quarters duel I'll often lose, one because I'm just not that good and two, because my computer doesnt run the game at the best fps all of the time.

5. Theta-Omega

May 5, 2009
    Classified
    It's the Holographic Sight, model 551 I think. EOtech is actually the company that makes it. Pretty amazing sight too.

Nah, pretty much everyone unfamiliar with the company or model specific names for Optical Sights doesn't know what an EOtech Holographic is :p

Trijicon makes the ACOG Scope, the TAR-21 uses a MARS Sight, and I think the Red Dot Sight for all other guns is a Sightmark Sure Shot. F2000 has a separate one, but I don't remember the name. The single-player one from CoD4 is a Tasco BKRD30.

Sorry to drone on, just wanted to post a little info on 'em.

6. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    The MARS sight on the TAR kills your sight while looking down it. I prefer the holographic with TAR.

7. Fudgeboy

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    Ahh, i see ;) ok, i need about 10 more kills with red dot to get 'EOtech' :D, so ill try and get it :)

8. Theta-Omega

May 5, 2009
    Classified
    Goodluck, it's a good sight. Reduces the Recoil of the M16 and Increases the damage of the FAL :)

@Bat: Yeah, regular RDS is better than the MARS in MW2. They coulda' put it on the M16 if they wanted to, but I'm glad they didn't.

9. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    If anyone playing it on PS3, add me (BDragonST) ..

my fav gun is P90... i love using it since CoD4 ..

10. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Yeah... the Mars sight cuts off your periferal vision while ADS, so I tend to stick with a regular Red Dot Sight. It's quick to scope in and extremely accurate. The only thing I'd replace it with is an ACOG, which I did to my TAR-21, making it extremely accurate.

11. Fudgeboy

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    Which sniper do you guys like most? i can't decide which, out of the Barrett and Intervention. I have 967 kills with the Intervention and 354 with the Barrett...and i honestly love the intervention for the one shot kill wherever, but can you really beat being able to pick off everyone in your way very quickly? Whats your opinion?

12. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    I go with the Barrett. While I love the Intervention, I always take semi-auto over bolt action. It's a pain not being able to just fire one shot after the other. Plus, it does a pretty good job of taking down people in one shot as is.

13. Lombardo

Lombardo Well-Known Member

I use the barret over the intervention too, but I also use the M21 with a silencer just as much. I usually use the barret for long range maps and the M21 for pretty much every other map.

14. Fudgeboy

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    I just got MP5K akimbo, and i have to say it is amazing. Its hell trying to get it, as the MP5K is a pretty terrible gun, but it is actually amazing with akimbo. :). loving the double XP weekend at the moment :D

15. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    Are you jacking me? MP5K is a fantastic gun. My favorite SMG by far.

16. Fudgeboy

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    you think so? well UMP45 is way better in my opinion :p but akimbo is pretty awesome on the MP5K :)

17. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    Yeah the UMP is good, but the damage is considerably lower with silencer and it gets really jumpy. It's like a weak MP5.
    I like the MP5K because the recoil kicks back at you, so your aim doesn't move too much. Plus the highfire rate is good for hardcore.

I've never understood akimbo. I think it's terible since I can't aim with it. If someone is like 20 feet away (an easy shot with any gun), I'll have to start spraying them and then they'll notice and take me out with like three shots. To me akimbo is only good on shotguns. But if you have a way to use it then I guess you should use it.

18. Fudgeboy

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    Well yes...but i like it more and find it more effective. and my way is that have marathon on, if you see someone long range, run around the back of them or simply avoid them. works for me :)

19. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Who has the resurgence map pack? I'd like to know how it is.

20. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    I don't know how it is other than overpriced. $15 for 5 maps, 2 being from COD4, when games like Gears charge 10 for every map, plus even more addons in one package.

Oh yeah, idk who else noticed, but Ozzy's playing on Xbox Live on Tuesday. Anyone else want to play against him?