Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (This game is the pwnage.)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Slapshot, Nov 4, 2009.

1. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    hell yeah!

2. yourofl10

Dec 11, 2008
    #762 yourofl10, May 15, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    [removed]

3. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

#763 Will090, May 16, 2010
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
    I personally think ACR is the best assault rifle over AK-47. Scar-H is the best of those three, but ACR blinged with heartbeat and holographic is what I use

Oh and what secondary would compliment my ACR best? I'm using javelin now because I seem to suck with every other secondary but Javelin can get rid of those damn Harriers quickly

4. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    The thing I hate about the ACR, and pretty much all the other assault rifles, is the ridiculously small magazines. When I was using Sleight of Hand Pro, my highest kill streak was 5. With the Scar-H, 8. I had to switch over to Scavenger Pro, which I'm not too happy about. But I love the Javelin. One of the only weapons (if not the only) that'll take the harrier down every single time.

$15... frick, I don't even have the first map pack, yet.

5. yourofl10

Dec 11, 2008
    #765 yourofl10, May 16, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    [removed]

6. Lombardo

Lombardo Well-Known Member

Damn Kamazar, you gotta conserve more. Also, whats everyones accuracy, mines 27.87%.

7. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    I do, short bursts and all. But it's ridiculous how much ammo you have to use just to kill someone. I'm considering going back to the Scar-H. Better accuracy and damage, just lower fire rate. What do you use?

8. Lombardo

Lombardo Well-Known Member

I actually switch up weapons alot, but I guess I mostly use the ACR and FAMAS and then of course snipers.

9. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I use the TAR and intervention pretty much exclusively. The TAR does the most damage per second and it will kill anybody if you meet in a 1 on 1 confrontation. It's also great for 2 v 1 or 3v1 but you need a little luck in those situations. The only problem is ammo capacity, but I only use scavenger pro and I never run out.

The intervention is the best sniper, if only for feel. It is awesome killing multiple people in a row without needing a semi auto sniper. Plus it is just bad ass.

If you are looking for stuff to use I suggest you try these. It's all I use and they work great. I have a 1.45 kd and about 12 nukes so I'm definitely doin somethin right. For attachments I use the holo and the thermal for intervention.

10. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    I used to use the ACR but I figured it wasn't too good in close range and didn't do enough damage. I recently been switching weapons, the SCAR is good but I hate the small magazine. TAR is good but a tad bit inaccurate at far distances. I've been playing with the M4 and it's not too bad, quite balanced in stats. I just reached level 70 on my first prestige and I got my AK back, really awesome in close range and in hardcore.

11. Fudgeboy

Fudgeboy Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    #771 Fudgeboy, May 16, 2010
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
    yeah, i use the TAR a lot, i just love it how you can beat a UMP45 at close range with it.
    Also, what attachments should i put on my FAL? thanks :)

Also, at the moment i just have Grenade Launcher on it. This does work quite well, on Rundown i just got 35-7 and a 25 killstreak, but didn't have Nuke on. Anyone else got any good combinations? :D

12. JoshC.

JoshC. Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    I agree with you completely, on everything you said.
    But can you quickscope with thermal? Ive never tried it. Or do you not quickscope?

13. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Do people quickscope because of the auto-lock on the console version has?

14. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    There's a slight auto-aim that helps, but it still takes a lot of hand-eye coordination to hit a moving target in half a second.

15. abruce42

abruce42 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    OK this combo is best on the FAL and the FAMAS from what ive heard but i use it on the TAR and it still drops ppl nicely. You attach shotgun and fmj and the range is almost that of the unpatched models(i got my copy after the patch so idk what it was like) but it still has insane range an is the most accurate thing ever. I think from any distance you'll at least get a hitmarker. I have ppl complaining daily because they think i have a mod.

EDIT: oh and does anyone have strategies for playing against entire teams of either rushers or noob tubers? They are my weak spot.

16. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    @abruce: Camp and blast shield? =P

17. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    God I wish they would port the good maps from CoD4 like Backlot or Shipment. Even Wetworks would be awesome.

18. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Best Assault rifles:
    1. FAL: Most damage per shot, accurate, easy to snipe with, If you have a good trigger finger you can shoot it faster than most other assault rifles.

2. AK-47: Low recoil compared to that of CoD4, high damage....yeah

3. Famas: Quick burst = one hit kill, accurate, low recoil

19. JoshC.

JoshC. Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    If you are referring to search and destroy rushers and tubers, just try to play a little more reserved and wait for the rushers to come to you; and make sure you are prepared for them. If they get you the first time, its likely they'll run the same route until you get them. So switch it up a bit to catch them off guard; it'll back them off.
    As far as tubers go, avoid the initial lanes that everyone uses in the beginning of the round. This is where the tubers will fire. Most likely, they fire both of the nades in the beginning, so after that the lanes are clear of them.
    Hope I help!

20. Fudgeboy

Fudgeboy Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    its actually easier to quickscope with thermal, thats what ive found anyway :)

are you refering to on the FAL? if so cool, i might try it. also, is holographic any good on it? i just hate the original sight so much. :(