Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (This game is the pwnage.)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Slapshot, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    If the TV's not being used, I'll get on. Everyone I know has already gone through them and won't do 'em with me. You'll know I'm from TA when I add you.

2. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    #662 da shiz wiz 19, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
    Don't buy it. Buy Gears of War 2. It's awesome.

EDIT: Oh wait you have a ps3, nvm :rolleyes:

It is addicting. If I were you I wouldn't get it. I mean it looks like xbox takes up a lot of your time already, no need to add this game to your arsenal for addiction. Plus it sucks so you're not really missing much.

3. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Sorry about that, my mom for some reason has a deep hatred for games, so I'll end up getting to play for an hour or two once every couple of weeks before I get grounded again :mad:, It's f*cking ridiculous considering I'm 17 :(

4. RJ

RJ Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    California
    Uhm, i never said i had an xbox, and i don't even own the PS3 yet!

I'm definitly getting a PS3 though. xD

5. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    It's cool. You got a year to go, though, if that's any consolation. Parents are weird in the sense that they'll let you have a console but freak if you use it.

6. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    Oh I said xbox again didn't I?

Well your mom can't really say anything right now since you're not even addicted to anything.

7. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I despise this game.

8. RJ

RJ Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    California
    #668 RJ, Apr 25, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
    Well, i'm addicted to one thing right now. TA!

And i WAS addicting to World of Warcraft. Damn, that thing killed inside for two years. Now i'm all awkward because of it. Dx (And she won't buy me it because she thinks it'll be like WoW and it'll kill me or something.)

Hey Bat, your post is the 666th response in this thread. Just thought i'd let you know that.

9. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009

^^ Fail :D

10. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    Porque?

11. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    because its full of
    -bugs and glitches
    -annoying people, like immature 2 year olds
    -horrible balancing with everything such as perks weapons etc
    -gameplay sucks cause it really doesnt take that much skill with how many people play. i go on a 24-2 streak then get blown up by a random nade and then revived in the line of fire of some other guy and bam, i'm 24-4 all of a sudden
    -infinity ward and activision are falling apart
    -they just want your money now

Get Battlefield Bad Company 2, or wait for Medal of Honor. those are much better and balanced games.

12. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Because of the godawful maps that feel like they're designed to let players camp, killstreak spam, unbalanced weapons, and the only way to get a high killstreak is by not getting killed which encourages players to camp, which creates a domino effect of bullshit throughout the game.

13. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    its a viscous circle

14. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I bought bad company 2, and I thought it was horrible compared to MW2, so I sold it, everybody has an opinion.

15. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    True. This being my first multiplayer FPS, I can't compare it to anything else and really nitpick, but I'll admit that some of the maps are utter bullshit.

I can't afford both BBC2 and Red Dead Redemption, though, so I'll stick with this 'til the next Battlefield installment comes around in a few years.

16. JoshC.

JoshC. Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    You guys bitch to much. MW2 is the only FPS i've ever played other than Combat Arms, so I dont have a comparison. But damn, its an amazing game in my opinion. What about the perks are not balanced? Killstreaks are not overpowered, a stinger will do the trick. And everyone complains about camping, but I play on PC and I rarely run into much camping.
    The only thing that really does bug me are noob tubers, rocket launcher nubs, and the AA12. And yes, some of the maps are rubbish, but most of them are pretty good I think.
    People think BBC2 is better, but in three months when they've seen all of its glitches and mistakes; when the novelty wears off, then you should compare.

17. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Has anyone gotten the new Stimulus map pack? It's available for pre order now on steam for the PC. But at $15 bucks for 5 maps, it's a bit hard for me to stomach, considering how much this game was in the first place.

Oh and I actually got BF: BC2, it's not too bad but I find myself playing MW2 more, probably because most of my friends play that more.

18. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    You play on the PC...try playing on the 360.

My K/D is 1.29 and rising so I don't hate this game because I suck at it. Too bad a stigner can't shoot down an AC-130. Or a predator missile. Or an airstrike. Or a stealth bomber. Or a care package. Or a sentry gun. Or an emergency air drop. Or a nuke. Or an EMP.

Combat arms isn't even that good. Rainbow six vegas is better. A LOT of FPSs are better than Combat Arms.

19. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I think I'll stick with TF2 for now.

20. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Respectable, MW2 is good but I personally do not like it. It is quite some fun, (especiallly not sober :)) so you should be fine until your next game purchase.

BTW, you should sooooo get Red Dead Redemption. Actually everyone who read this now must get RDR

Yuck, well not yuck, but play counterstrike my friend.