Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (This game is the pwnage.)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Slapshot, Nov 4, 2009.

1. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Just snipe a lot and use slight of hand pro. If you snipe a lot you'll eventually become good at quickscoping. Don't have any real tips for quickscoping since it gets pretty natural after a while.

2. JoshC.

JoshC. Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Yeah you just have to practice alot. I'm trying to learn now and I'm dieing a lot, but when you get a cool quick scope its really sweet.

3. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    Oh here's a tip for practicing quickscoping.

Go play hardcore headquarters with a silenced sniper (I prefer Fifty Cal so I have room for error) and slight (is that how you spell it?) of hand and cold blooded.

Position yourself in a spot that overlooks the traveling routes for the enemy to the headquarters and just knock them down as they run to the headquarters. The silenced part will keep them from finding you. Just hide in a grassy knoll for good cover, no one looks there unless they're good.

But if you want to try quickscoping get right next to the traveling routes and knock them down as they go by.

Did this on Estate today and went like 40-17.

4. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Theres something called Kill Cam, while your idea sounds nice. People aren't that stupid. They eventually find you.

5. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    There's a thing called hardcore, where there is no killcam. My idea works. I've been using it for a while now...as in 2 years (minus silencer though).

6. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Doesn't quickscoping work because the game kind of auto-aims on the enemy close to your crosshair?

7. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    The auto aim doesn't move fast enough for it to aim for you, since you are sniping close range. It does help though.

8. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Anybody else here use the M16A4 or another three-shot burst weapon? I'm trying to suck less and am looking for some tips. What perks goes best with it? Should I be aggressive or wait for the enemy to come to me? I also need some tips on how to be less terrible on city/town maps (like Karachi), the only map I'm good at is Estate which I can easily go 20 kills, 10 deaths while on other maps I usually go like 5 kills 10 deaths

9. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I'm personally a fan of the SCAR-H (until I get my ACR or AK-47, that is), which works well as long as you don't go crazy and shoot in controlled bursts. Secondary is a launcher. My perks are the following for my assault class (which is pretty much the only one I use, none of the maps are too great for sniping, just quick-scoping):

Ninja Pro (around 80% think that if I don't show up on their heartbeat sensor, I'm not there, better than Commando Pro IMO, but I do like the no falling damage... just a personal preference)
    Hardline Pro (the faster I get a crate, the sooner I might get a Pavelow, just my semi-logical reasoning)
    Sleight of Hand Pro (faster than switching to your secondary weapon when out of ammo)

Equipment:
    Flash Bangs (self-explanatory)
    Tactical Insertion (use it in the bathroom by the balcony in Estate, oh-ho!)

Just so you know, I usually place 1st or 2nd in Free-for-All, and pretty decently (top 5) in the other modes ('cept today, played with da shiz whiz and did awful), and I still can't do well in Kariachi, Invasion, or Skid Row, which to me, are all one and the same.

10. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    With three shots it's good to lower your sensitivity, unless you're pro. It's hard to adjust aim mid-burst so it's largely a hit or miss for you. I'd recommend stopping power on normal just because that is a one hit kill if in the chest. Hardcore go with cold blooded every time.

I love the Famas, the recoil is really low and the burst feels quicker compared to the M16. I'd say Famas is better than the M16.

I go aggressive with any gun I use :p With a three shot weapon I'd say stay back and use it's superior long-range ability.

City/Town maps all have 'choke points'. A place where lots of people try to go through. I'd say that you find yourself a nice spot that overlooks one of these places and mow people down as they go through. Get a claymore somewhere behind you, somewhere that people might go through to get to you. But that's camping, I don't like campers...

The small wooden bridge on run down is a choke point, lot's of action. Both the long alleys in Skidrow are choke points, one of them is perfect for a three shot gun (the one that's a tunnel).

Or you can start playing Search and Destroy and observe your teammate's tactics when you die and have to spectate.

11. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    Dude I don't blame you. Those kids were getting lucky as hell. My K/d went down in those two matches. I bet you heard my non-sense swearing :p

Is karachi the raining map? I don't like that map. Low visibility makes it easy to overlook people. I like to go all silent on that map, so that way I'm literally impossible to find. Cold blooded, silencer, ninja pro. But I have to use my FAL otherwise I do no damage at all.

Speaking of the FAL I think I got my trigger finger back up to what it used to be. People were accusing me of using a modded controller all over the place.

12. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    Nah, that's Underpass (which I am a boss in, btw). There's this secluded spot I like to respawn at that I swear to god was made for camping, even though I don't. Karachi looks just like Invasion but with a different skin. Cannot stand them to a point where I just leave the lobby if that's the next map.

13. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    Oooh okay now I remember. Really? I like that map, I rarely go in the area where there are people on the top of buildings, on the second floor of buildings, hiding in plants, hiding under a bridge behind a car, etc. etc. That area just frustrates me.

Have you tried a FAL?

14. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    Those maps just have too many windows and too many angles to get shot from.

Is it an assault rifle? If it isn't, chances are I haven't.

15. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    lol nice video. I think the steady aim part gave it away though :p

Yeah it's an assault rifle. Single shot, high damage, not too much recoil. It's good for long distances and if you use it enough you'll develop a 'trigger-finger' and you'll shoot faster than an Ak-47 and way faster than a scar. Plus you'll be reported daily for system tampering because everyone thinks you have a trigger finger.

16. RJ

RJ Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    California
    I hate to ask (but this is probably the right thread) but is there any way i can convince my mom to get this for me?

I am trying to buy a PS3 with my own money, and buy MW2 with the leftovers. But there is a problem, and its not the money. Its more about how addicting it'll get.

My mom is talking about how addicting it'll be, how i never communicate with the family at home (i'm already on the computer and watching TV, what am i supposed to do? Go Outside for a while, sure, but there is nothing to do outside!), and the whole violence factor, AND that i'm under aged to play it (I'm 15, if you'd like to know.).

Is there ANY pros to this game, aside all of the violence? (which i personally do not care about)

17. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Modern Warfare 1 is on Steam right now for 14.99 and I'm tempted to buy it just for the awesome single player :)

18. JoshC.

JoshC. Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Sorry man that sucks. My mom was like that for a long time. She would only let me by E rated games and occasionally if I really begged T rated games. There probably isnt much convincing, just wait it out. If your friends have it, tell her so you can play with them. Its hard to say with moms :cool:

19. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    15 here, too. Luckily, my parents are the more liberal type. As long as gore isn't one of the highlights of the game (Gears of War or L4D2 just wouldn't fly), they just shrug to the M rating.

There really are no pros to it, besides your own enjoyment. I guess it could help increase hand-eye coordination, reflex time, and the ability to scan the environment for snipers (should the need every arise and you're holding an ACR with FMJ and a heartbeat sensor), but if you can't convince her now... And the thing is, if you do get it, you'll be addicted for the first two weeks. That's just the way it goes with multiplayer games. You will be in front of that TV for at least an hour everyday, nullifying the points you made to convince her to get you the game.

20. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Does anybody want to play some specops, I need to get the achievements? I'll be online for probably around an hour and a half longer tonight. Add me: nick1792 and mention that your from TA. Also, my mic is currently not working because my mom stepped on it and claimed it was my fault :(