Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (This game is the pwnage.)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Slapshot, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    ...and it would be mine, if it was for PC :mad:

2. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    #42 Somerandomdude, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
    Pre-Ordered it on Tuesday here!!!! DYING TO PLAY IT!!!!! I think I'm going to be playing Call of Duty 4 all week when I'm not working on a project I have.

EDIT: Just watched the new trailer. HOLY CRAP! Now I'm going to be DYING for this all weekend... Awesomely enough I have Wednesday off from school and no projects or reports (yet) so a full free day to play it!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT!

Another Edit: I want to go to the midnight release SOOOO badly but my parents would never take me at 12 A.M. just to get a video game. They'd probably laugh if I asked that question. Ah well, I'll just go pick it up after school Tuesday.

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    What are the chances of two great but old 360 games selling for $60? I'm up to $20.50 with 1 day and 3 hours left? That would make my week.

4. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Actually thats really reasonable. My friend and I almost bought Gears 1 for 15 bucks, but stupid gamestop age limits on m rated games we couldn't. If you don't mind an old original Xbox game pick up Doom 3, it's about 10 bucks at gamestop. Again, almost got that game but stupid limitations. So we ended up getting Battle for Middle Earth 2 for 16 bucks. So don't worry, theres plenty of good games out there. You could probably get about 3 or 4 for that price. Oh yeah, Deadrising is also in that price range and worth the money.

5. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I was actually talking about a listing a put up on eBay, but you've answered my question nonetheless :p

6. misfitskater6

misfitskater6 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Man, you guys must all be getting it for a console. I was gonna get it for PC as I like custom maps and custom this and that, but have you read how they are completely castrating the PC version? A huge step backward for PC gaming, and a total turnaround for what's been pretty standard in PC gaming for years. Essentially, the PC version will be exactly the same as on console. No fun.

Just because of what they've done, I'm forced to boycott this game out of principle.

I don't have the links handy, but you can read about all the stuff they are removing from the PC version on Ars Technica's website.

7. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Yeah, I was going to get the pc version as well to run on my macbook, but I saw all that stuff and said screw that, I'll stick to world at war with my custom maps. And yeah, I signed the petition as well.

8. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    lol world at war

9. PacSun4dc

PacSun4dc Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Atlanta,GA
    whoa only 9 vs 9 players thats a big let down :( but im still getting it especially the hardern edition :D!! But once i get it i real never touch a ipod app ever again :p (jk...maybe)

10. sour

sour Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    School...
    Aurora, Colorado
    I have it! :) I'm about to pop it in here in a couple of minutes! I'm so excited! :D

11. lukeca

lukeca Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Got mine pre-ordered can't wait!

12. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    #52 DaveMc99, Nov 6, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  13. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
  14. iiAtlas

iiAtlas Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    New York City
    So excitedddd!!!!!

15. sour

sour Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    School...
    Aurora, Colorado
  16. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    2 more days

17. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    haha world at war what a joke...

18. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I don't see why people say world at war was horrible, the gameplay may not have been any better, but it wasn't worse, plus they brought nazi zombies.

19. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I'm so sick of World at War, the whole boring tired old WW2 rubble scenery, lack of color, mostly crappy maps. Tonight will be the very last night I play World at War, and tomorrow after midnight that game can start collecting dust forever if I don't throw it out first.

20. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    the only thing new about it was nazi zombies. otherwise, just another typical multiplayer WWII shooter