Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (This game is the pwnage.)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Slapshot, Nov 4, 2009.

1. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    #521 da shiz wiz 19, Mar 7, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
    I find that hard to believe:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Camping is so fking annoying in this game. So are the spawning systems. I love how in highrise you can camp in the middle of the maps and spawn kill the other team since you know exactly where they'll spawn. In COD4 they didn't have these type of maps that caused obvious spawn points.

I played with Kamazar yesterday, yeah I sucked don't remind me. My KD has gone down .24 in the past week. I don't know how. I really don't.

Back to COD4.

2. Mathieu914

Mathieu914 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Student
    Canada, Québec
    I heard some people say that BC2 was better than MW2. Someone have played both and can confirm?

3. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    It is better. More 'fun', less camping, better graphics, fewer glitches.

4. Mathieu914

Mathieu914 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Student
    Canada, Québec
    Does it have lots of weapons, perks, a customizable class system and levels?

5. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I blew chunks, too. The only mode I'm amazing at is Free-For-All. Placed first three times in a row, and reached the score limit in two of those games ;) Whenever I play a team-oriented match (which is all the other game modes, unfortunately), it feels like it takes half the amount of bullets to kill me. I don't know why.

6. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    I tried out free for all after that and I like it more than team deathmatch actually. I helps not having a shitty team giving away your position or dying and giving free kill streaks to them.

7. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Yeah, everyone pretty much just runs and guns no matter what they're playing. Plus, I don't need some British kid telling me to go get a value meal. Little $#!^s.

8. Real Racing Fan

Real Racing Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    I wish
    THE MATRIX
    Can someone PLEASE add me on xbox live?

9. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    My house
    Lots of weapons, huge maps that actually feel like battlefields rather than MW2's combat arenas, vehicles, and four different classes: assault (brute force), engineer (anti-vehicle/vehicle repair), medic (heal/revive), and recon (sniper/stealth). The "perks" are the things you customize your class with. For example, you can give the recon class a mortar strike or some C4 explosives. You unlock red dot sites and such pretty far into the game, but there are arguably better perks than those. There are also vehicle-specific perks, like extra armor or an alternate fire.

Not to mention, everything is destructable if you put enough lead or shells into it. See a guy hiding behind a house? Pull out your assault rifle's grenade launcher and blow it to pieces. This makes every match feel new because the map always gets torn up differently.

So yeah, MW2 is still a great game, but I think BC2 is better in my opinion.

10. sour

sour Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    School...
    Aurora, Colorado
    I'm trading in MW2 and another game to get BC2 lol

11. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    I've played both and the multiplayer is really awesome, 32 players on a huge map is great fun especially with the destructible environments. The game is harder, the guns have lots of recoil and it's very realistic as there's stuff like bullet drop for snipers, enemies are harder to take down as well. You need lots of teamwork instead of some probot on your team saving everyone in MW2, it's a good game but I'll go back to MW2 once in a while. Oh and the campaign leaves much to be desired for me. There are some technical issues with the game as well btw.

12. abruce42

abruce42 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Ok, Im, level 70 no prestige yet and i can prestige right now. Im thinkin about prestigin at the end of the weekend just so i can play around with some guns. (im gonna miss my acr and my M21 EBR). Should I not prestige at all, do what I just said, or prestige right away?

13. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    For me, I see absolutely no reason to prestige, unless you find great pleasure in getting a single title and boosting your "COD ego", then go right ahead. I just don't see the point in largely discarding your progress, when you have virtually beat the game, and can use whichever gun you please at this point.

14. Lombardo

Lombardo Well-Known Member

It's actually quite a few more titles, gun veteran count, and it gives you something to do.

15. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    I dunno, once you get to 10th prestige (without taking 20+ days) you feel really good. But in MW2 I think it'll take like 25 days to get 10th prestige. Which is an insane amount of time.

16. abruce42

Dec 3, 2009
    haha Im level 70 no prestige with 3 days 10 hours of playtime. So yeah id say like 25 days of playtime seeing as youll get better as you go on.

17. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    I guess there may be some benefits after all, but I really still don't see what the new titles get you. It would be nice to have a couple more gun slots, but I would much rather stay relaxed and play more for fun at Level 70 than be constantly pushing to reach new prestiges.
    But that's just me.

18. abruce42

Dec 3, 2009
    I am kinda like that but leveling up gives you something to work at and look forward to, so I knda like that. Also the gun slots would be so incredible for me.

19. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    One more thing, if you have COD4, go play it right now. You'll either do really good or really bad in it. And it will reveal what kind of a player you are. If you do bad you are a *cough*noob*cough*.

I had my best TD game. 54-11 on Bog. 54/75 is 72%.

20. abruce42

Dec 3, 2009
    Yeah I knda wish i had COD4. seems like it seems to be less noob-friendly.
    Well the weapon set i usually use now is UMP45 silenced nd a magnum( more so I have more speed, nd i wanna get Tac Knife) Does that seem like a noob weapon set?

EDIT: oh and my best game was 39-6 on invasion. sigh.. too bad the highe killsreak reward i had on was preadtor missle. nd it was a demolition match btw.