Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (This game is the pwnage.)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Slapshot, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Solution 1: When you get killed by a camper, watch your kill cam, figure out where they are, and go knife them.

Solution 2: Learn the popular camping locations on the various maps and be proactive about shooting a couple rounds in to them to see if you hit anything. Most weapons seem to have a decent amount of penetration, which will usually at least tell you if something is hiding behind a box or something else.

Solution 3: Don't take the game so seriously, getting killed is part of any deathmatch. ;)

2. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    But running and gunning (with a good score) is basically gone forever. All guns kill in anywhere from 2-4 bullets, and there are so many levels to be killed from.

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Wait, are you upset that you can't run through a map like Rambo murdering everyone and expect to not get shot?

4. AaronAMV

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    Yeah, this is an FPS, not real life.

Call of Duty: Modern Camper should be the correct title.

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It's trying to depict a certain element of realism... that's why it's not Halo.

6. AaronAMV

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    While still being a video game.

7. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Yes... while still maintaining that one simple aspect of realism whereupon bullets kill people.

8. AaronAMV

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    But it's still a video game. I think that a lot of it has to do with the host issue. If you're playing a game of TDM, find the host, and attempt to kill him (while he's shooting back), you're not gonna win unless the host has horrible aim. The lag in this game is attrocious.

9. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    I cant accpept being killed more than 3 or 4 times a game, so I play search and destroy :D (COD4, havent even played MW:2 online on my xbox yet).

Dont take the game too seriously. I dont! MW2 SUCKS BALLS! I'M GONNA PUNCH A WALL.... AND THEN CRY ABOUT IT

10. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

I can't believe in the year 2010 we still have people making the same complaints about campers as the early days of Duke Nukem 3D multiplayer. People finding a good spot to sit and pick people off is a part of any first person shooter, either learn to deal with it or stick to playing XBOX Live UNO.

11. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    UNO is a fantastic game, dont hate.

Camper = noob
    Nothing anyone can say will change my mind.

12. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

So you think they should just remove any kind of ranged weapon from the game then? I'm confused as to how you're supposed to use any of the sniper rifles without being a "noob". (All of which either require you to either aim well enough to get a head shot or land two concurrent shots on a target to kill them.)

13. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    See I dont mind if they snipe and camp. Make's it easier for me since people who do that usually suck with snipers.
    COD4 bog. Best map for sniping IMO. You can hide in plain sight sometimes. I dont just stay in one spot because my sniper isn't silenced and the other team will find me. So I move around. Take out on guy, move forward, take out the next guy, more forward etc.
    This, I believe, is not camping since you're not in the same damn spot the whole game.

I hate when people camp in a little ally with some shotgun, SMG, etc. along with a turret or a claymore for as long as possible. Some of those spots are hard to lob a grenade into.
    But the main reason I classify them as 'noobs' is because they brag about it afterwards.

14. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Depends on how you define camper. Sometimes when I'm playing, I'll find myself stupidly outnumbered by the enemy... in that situation the smartest thing to do is obviously find cover and try to use a bit of stealth to pick off the enemies one by one. It's a perfectly reasonable tactic yet it still gets me accused of camping nonetheless.

But of course just hiding in a corner the entire match is no fun, I don't see what those people would get out of it.

15. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    Thats pretty much what I'm saying.

hiding in a corner for the whole map with your turret protecting your ass (because you cant react fast enough to kill someone on sight) on hardcore is bullllllshiiiiit.
    What they get out of it is a elevated self esteem level and the new 'douche bag' prestige.

16. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

But if you get killed by those people, wouldn't you be the one who is a "noob"? If you're working on any kind of kill streak you need to play defensively, which means not charging around like Rambo and instead throwing flashbangs around corners, moving with your team, firing in to known camping spots, etc.

Part of being good at the game involves being able to cope with everyone else's play strategy, you can't just throw your arms in the air and claim people are "noobs" because they killed you. Learn to adapt. ;)

17. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    That's fair. Do what ever it takes to win and play smart.

But the kind of camping these players do is enfuriating. Then they brag about it.

What's your gamertag (if you have an xbox)? I'd like to play with you since you dont sound like everyone I know (campers).

18. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

My gamertag is Hodapp

And if people being idiots over voicecomm is what is ruining the game for you, unplug your headset. I don't even play with mine on most of the time. ;)

19. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    That's half the fun of the game. Idiots with mics.

20. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

How can you post that idiots with mics is half the fun of the game on the same page where you're complaining about people bragging?