Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (This game is the pwnage.)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Slapshot, Nov 4, 2009.

1. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Get the guitar. I have both a guitar and MW2, right now guitar seems like a btter investment. MW2, in my opinion, is not as good as cod4.

2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    The guitar is definitely a better investment in any light, lol :p My parents are willing to get me lessons, and the guy giving 'em is great, so it was a no brainer. And this is my first game in the series, so I don't care if it's not as great as the one before, I know to me it's gonna be freakin' fantastic!

3. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Do you even have the game?

4. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  5. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    YES i got it when it came out. I played COD4 for about 14 days total gameplay time over a year, I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT. gosh...honestly theres not much different in the single player. The multipalyer is whole new game though. In my opinion camping got a little bit too easy in multiplayer...

6. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
  7. FilthyCanadian

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Oh, I'm sorry I wasn't aware I was speaking to an expert.

Yeah, I agree, the entirely new campaign is far too similar to the other completely different campaign.

8. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    lol you sooo silly, im not an expert ;)

9. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I've yet to go to the store and pay for a 360 (I can just go to someone's house within walking distance), so I'm stuck with the PC version of MW2. I'm not sure I want it either right now. Apparently the multiplayer is awful.

10. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    Dude, you need a 360. So many amazing games on this system, MW2 just being one of the hundreds. I fail at PC FPS, though.

11. FilthyCanadian

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    How is it even possible to be good with a 360 and not a mouse and keyboard?

12. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    I have no freakin' idea, but I played Nexuiz and Quake Live on my Mac... I don't even try anymore. It's ridiculous. It's gotta be something about the controls.

13. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Extreme magnet aim :p

14. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    was using a .50 cal sniper rifle. Wasn't even killing with one shot. A.50 cal!!! gotta be kidding me anyone who knows anything about rifles knows how big of a cartridge that is. This game is not as accurate or polished as it should be. It may be fun but I'm noticing flaws that even the first CODs didn't have.

15. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Uhm... Where exactly did you shoot them?

16. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    I shot them point blank in the chest and back a few times lol from long distance you name it. The only time they went down for sure was head shots but a chest shot or any shot with a .50 cal is enough to take anyone down. I talked to a few others and they said the same thing about it.

17. sour

sour Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    School...
    Aurora, Colorado
    Use that perk that increases bullet damage... I think it's deep impact, but I'm not really sure. ;)

18. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    Here's a few bugs I've experienced with the game so far. Respawning and being halfway out of the ground. Also, one time a care box landed on top of me a pushed me underground on one of the snowlevels (HQ) I could still shoot and hear everything but could only move a few feet in either direction and was stuck. The game has some glitches and bugs Ive also seen a few players prone in midair shooting at people from the sky.

Overall the game is addicting and fun, I just think its sloppy and the maps are designed for chaos not strategy. You get shot and killed from every angle. Sometimes you spawn to get killed immediately. Not to say that the maps arent good but I think alot more thought went into creating maps in the older games for strategy even though they were smaller maps.

19. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    It's called stopping power.

20. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I love this game, but I don't like the way it's set up with the xp and challenges. It takes about as much time to get from 28-29 on here that it did to get from 55-prestige on modern warfare. :eek: