Call of duty mobile (by Activision)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Jul 6, 2012.

1. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    No, it would depend on how well they executed the controls, graphics, ect. You have to remember they do not have a very big record of iOS games.

2. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    You're not supposed to go into the scope when quick scoping. So technically, no that's not quick scoping.

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I talk of MC3 cause I never played Eliminate Pro so I guess my opinion's a little biased :p Anyway, we went a little off-topic, end of discussion (unless you wanna rant on me not having eliminate pro, i wasnt around when everyone played it).

Replacing MC series would take a really high quality game, but it's CoD after all... I do think if they made an MW3 mobile or something, it would replace MC.

Yeah, but is that controls' fault? No, it's just the sad fact that ADS takes so long on MC3 compared to other games. One of the reasons why sniping is underpowered in the game.

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    That's a good point.

5. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    I agree, ADS takes way too much time... Now mc 2... That was a sniping game. Eliminate has sadly been shut down :( and I agree with others, the controls were literally the best. There is nothing better, easy to use, full versatility, you didn't have to focus on controls, you just played. If activision could implement a control scheme like that into an iOS game, I would love it, of course there is still the question of whether they are actually developing for ios past zombies.

6. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Finally someone who understands...

7. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I would understand if I tried it :p I was speaking out for my own experiences. I've tried all major FPS on iOS except the first gen such as Nova, MC:S and Eliminate so of course I was with MC3, it's easily best of that bunch.

Oh and I hate futuristic shooters. :rolleyes:

8. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    I believe, and I know Activision, either they are going to make games with $10 with bunch of IAPs or just spec ops mission or something like that. They will never have full own storyline at all

9. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    that's funny... Because I hated them too at start - even Eliminate. Perhaps because I played only realistic and fantasy games before. I hated the controls at first there... Because they were different. Once you get used to them you see how innovative they are... Well to bad that the game died :( (lack of updates I suppose) so you can't try it out anymore :/

10. Jordanbuzz

Jordanbuzz Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2011
  11. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#51 killercow, Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
    “Going forward for us, how do we really take that Call of Duty experience, what is the essence of it? These kinds of grandiose, immerse experiences–how do we move that to mobile or tablet?

“From a development perspective, we’re investing a lot more in understanding how to marry that together with how customers expect to play on those devices.”

He added that it’s taken Activision longer to capitalise in the mobile space as the company’s DNA means it can’t be as flexible – whatever that means – and added that the company currently has, “dedicated internal studios to work on it, and folks from outside the industry that we’re bringing in.”

"It's not going to be a port but a unique game"

http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/24/call-of-duty-devs-researching-tablet-and-mobile-play/

12. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    I don't like the sound of that... " how customers expect to play it..."

Oh you mean free and full of iAP?

13. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    No I'm sure they'll eschew the F2P model completely

14. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Activision, f2p?
    Unheard of.
    Actually they might make it paid with IAPs.

15. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    Need I remind you of Pitfall released by activision? And the activision Game Arcade app stuffed with in app purchases? Or maybe CoD:BO Zombies with purchase of points of up to $99.99 USD

16. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Despite the latter having free updates and tons of bug fixes. The last patch even added the crossbow, which wasn't in the game initially.

17. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    BOZ is a terrible game, regardless of any updates (which were, by the way, pretty measly; they only added two maps for a total of a mere three). It's buggy, ugly and doesn't control very well. And online doesn't work at all.

18. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Believe. That is true I hated BOZ.

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Oh and I don't believe the game is retina for iPad either...mortal sin!!

20. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Nay for it an
    IMMORTAL SIN!