Call of duty mobile (by Activision)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Jul 6, 2012.

1. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yeah I read some article that Activision was getting more into iOS by moving their studio, well to Leeds. I know they haven't announced anything, but it would be really cool!

MC3 has 9 buttons and I don't see how you would even NEED to add more. The only thing needed more from MC3's buttons to say a CoD game would be a prone button and you could just hold crouch to prone.

Voice Chat!! :D I'd love that feature

2. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    #22 Klemen, Jul 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
    Jumping is very important, then there's also lean right/left (fine leaning isn't that important). But the problem is, as I said before that you can't handle all the controls at once like you can on PC... Hell, you can barely run and accurately shoot at the same time in MC3 (especially if you're not using an automatic weapon).

I hope they will make some kind of communication, preferably text chat.

3. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    The hotbar that Nova 3 had was quit ingenious. As for prone, you already can do that in BlOps Zombies (unless I was missing the point of discussion). It's just that it's Zombies, and there's not really any cover to go to, so it's not really helpful.

4. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    There is no prone option in COD BOZ, perhaps you mean crouch? I agree it was useless there though.

5. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Crouching usually makes your aim more accurate so I disagree on it being useless.

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Oh yeah forgot about jumping. Well it can be arranged.

I don't know what kind of MC3 you played, but running and shooting in the same time(hipfiring) was super easy. Like the easiest hipfiring in any FPS games I've played... You must've sucked no offense. And dude, it's not like they're gonna make it like PC. Any FPS games out on iOS or upcoming, will always look up to console controls in their controls. So I don't see why you're still talking of PC...

Text chat would interrupt the game quite a bit... I'd prefer voice chat with an option to mute. Bops zombies didn't have that.

Yeah crouch is definitely useful, especially for drop shots.

7. agentblank

agentblank Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    You can go prone in black ops zombies, just saying.

8. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    I played MC3 and the controls arent as good as youre saying. The best controls were in Eliminate pro for sure. There you could even quickscope (run, jump, aim and shoot) at the same time, which compared to MC3 is impossible.

Text chat wouldnt interrupt the game even a bit, if it would be made right. (a little icon which when you press opens up the chat box, when you press in the chat box then the keyboard would open up, with the option of mute of course) - just an idea. There are good reasons for text chat: some people always play with no sound, some dislike to use voice chat because they dislike to talk (foreign langague, weird accent etc.)...

And why im talking that much of PC? The reason is probably because I played COD on it for 600h.

And to all those who were saying that prone and crouch is useful, we were talking about the iOS version of COD Black ops Zombies - where prone isnt possible and crouch is useless.

9. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    Prone In Black Ops Zombies

Dude, It's totally possible to prone in Black Ops Zombies, Just hold down the crouch button, I literally just got done playing to round 20 on Kino Der Toten, on my iPhone 4. End of the prone discussion, by the way, Yes Crouching and proning both matter, It increases your accuracy, and it immerses you into the game more.

10. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    @Wikilix hey you're right, thanks. I didn't know you could prone in COD BOZ. I know crouching increases the aim accuracy, but it's useless, because I mostly aim.

11. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    #31 LOLavi, Jul 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
    Wow... Quickscoping is really easy on MC3. I really don't know what you're talking about. I once got 24-1 on Rapture, sniping only, and I'm not even good! :p Wanna see some people quickscoping easily in MC3? Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOtZ8f25r7I&feature=plcp That Ecko btw is known as "best mc3 sniper". And I have to disagree. When you have full power of your controls, how can you go back to controls that are limited? MC3 has the best controls on iOS FPS, at least for me and many others.

I mean it would interrupt in a way where you would stop to type. I'd like to have both, but that'd be impossible.

Talking of PC when this is an iOS game(well if it's happening) is pointless... The controls are nothing like. You should talk of xbox or ps instead.

12. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Lol... I didn't know you used to call that quickscoping haha... That's not quickscoping for me.

Anyway, I'll ask you: if there was a jump button in MC3; could you really run, jump, then aim, find the enemy while in air and shoot him? No I don't think so. Well, you could do it on eliminate pro.

I know I shouldn't compare mobile to PC controls, but PC controls should always be the measurement.

13. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    You can do that in NOVA 3 :)

14. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    That's definitely quickscoping. The only problem are not the controls, but the fact that the ADS animation is not as fast as it is in say CoD.

You can't say that. There is no jump button in MC3 so therefore saying you couldn't do it is just stupid. I won't go for it and say it would be easy, but you never know, after all, there is no jump button to compare to.

No they shouldn't. They should never be measured in FPS to iOS. They're completely different. Consoles are much closer to iOS touch controls.

I don't know why you are arguing with me about the controls. You're constantly comparing to Eliminate Pro and that makes me wonder if you just suck at MC3 and compare to Eliminate, because you were good at that game. Show your stats and if you're really good then I believe your control problems :p If you have bad stats I guess you just suck and blame them on controls.

15. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Forget this noise. Activision is not selling anything that resembles a full-fledged Call of Duty game at iOS prices. The Vita version will likely sell for $49.99; same as Uncharted. They aren't selling the iOS version for $9.99. There will never be a legit mobile version of this franchise; just more mini-game-type apps similiar to COD:Zomies.

16. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Well that's a good point... I'm still optimistic.

17. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    Well gta Chinatown wars was $60 for Nds and psp and they gave us the full version for $10 so why not activision?

18. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    I didn't say that PC and iOS controls should be comparable, I said that PC controls should be the measurement in sense of controlling.

And... I can ask you the same as well. Why do you keep talking about MC3? Did you suck at eliminate pro that much? It seems to me that we reached the point where we both think were right and both think the other one is wrong...

LOLavi, we went a little bit off-topic here...

19. GasparZizou

GasparZizou Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    MKT student, intern in an advertising agency.
    Guadalajara
    i think this would hardly replace the MC series, Gameloft has proven to have mastered iOS devices capabilities, plus, it's CoD, a complete rubbish franchise imo.

20. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Now here's a real gameloft fanboy. Of course it would replace MC (not completely, but mostly). Just look at all the authentic PC games coming to iOS vs Gamelofts cheap look-a likes. You should know that Modern Combat comes from COD Modern Warfare.