Universal Call Of Duty: Mobile (by Activision Publishing)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Brightsiderus, Oct 1, 2019.

1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Just yesterday I found out the new version is rolling out. I was excited to finally play the game. Unfortunately, the first bummer was the delay of the update by a few hours which untangled the chain reaction of complaints over Reddit, but whatever. The biggest disappointment though is the fact the developer just didn’t care to implement option to invert Y-axis to touch controls. It’s possible to play inverted with Gyroscope. It’s also possible to invert Y-axis using controller. But why isn’t it an option using touch controls remains mystery to me. How incompetent someone has to be to not include this in FPS? So. This game’s dead to me and I’m probably even glad about it. It’d be the only F2P crap on my device anyway. So, yeah. Farewell.

2. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    That’s just bizarre.
    Is it just an oversight? I can’t imagine it is but on the other hand what possible reason is there to not include the option?

3. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @MetaGonzo exactly my point. There’s no logical reason to not include this option, especially if it’s there for additional control settings. Even if it was just oversight on their end, there were multiple attempts already to bring this to their attention. I found threads on Reddit or Activision official forums from six months ago during the beta with the same complaints. More when the game went live globally. They obviously don’t care. I’m not gonna either.

I’ve been playing FPS games with inverted Y-axis since 1st appearance of mouse+keyboard combo in Terminator Future Shock from 1995 (which was considered as normal - default settings back then because of high use of joysticks), and I’m sure as hell not gonna learn to play differently now, 25 years later, just because of CODM. Howgh.

4. Vash85

Vash85 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2016
    The zombie mode reminds me of the good old days I played it on pc. It’s seems there is only one map right now but I really like it.