Call of Duty: Black Ops

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Rezur, Nov 9, 2010.

1. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    The 8th installment is already confirmed for 2011.

That's not saying much, it may be the most balanced but that doesn't imply it's even close to actually being balanced. You might as well say you've got the most effective chocolate microwave.

2. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    does this have 2-player mode? like plug in a second controller and you have a spllit screen multiplayer?

3. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Yeah, it still has that, as far as I know. It also has split screen online, so you can play online while your friend or whoever else is playing on the same screen as you. It's something I've been wanting for quite some time now, and I'm really glad they've added it.

And Microsoft just sent me an email today saying they got my Xbox... Why did this have to happen right before Black Ops came out?

4. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    This is a slightly revamped Modern Warfare, which is sad. One lame-ass, never-ending camp fest. There is no fun in a game that rewards people for camping. People camp and say "its good strategy" and "I want to win." Well, I want to have fun. It's just a game. It's not some life and death competition. And those who treat it as such need to get outside more. Experience life. Enjoy a more well-rounded existance. Your self-worth should not be measured by your proficiency at a video game.

Treyarch used to be it's own entity, believe it or not, but no longer. I feared this would happen. There is no difference between Infinity Ward and Treyarch now, and I hate Infinity Ward. Activision is really at fault. Sure, it sold well. Really, that's all Activision cares about. This game has no soul. Whatever. Why not just have Infinity Ward develop all these games? Why even bother having different developers? Why hire secondary developers, only to turn around and tell them to copy everything that Infinity Ward does? Just get Infinity Ward to do it.

Battlefield kicks the living Bejesus out of COD anyway. That's never going to change.

5. StarCraftIsGreat

StarCraftIsGreat Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    The snipers are not useless. The assault rifles do have recoil, although you could argue that the Famas is overpowered and even then it's hard to, the 74u is good, but that's not the only SMG I see. People do like the MP5k, Scorpion, etc. The Scorpion is no recoil, while the 74u definitely does.

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    dumaz seems to hate the developer every other gamer prefers. It's always been a case of "Aww, it's Treyarch's turn, look how s*** Spider-Man is! Skipping this one".

7. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I think this game is great. Been playing as much as I could over the weekend and having lots of fun. It's not as bad camp-wise as MW, but camping does get kind of bad. But that's why there are kill cams and I can destroy the camper =D

8. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Yeah, this game is pretty fun. I've just prestiged but I find it really easy to level up in this game compared to MW2, it's been only a few hours and I'm already back to level 16. I do get some lag spikes and occasional problems but they're bearable, hope they can patch it up though.

9. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    You prestiged already but you can't spare 30 minutes to play with a fellow TA member? I scoff at you.

LOL just giving you shit bro. I'm barely like 13 or something but havnt gotten to dump many hours into it.

10. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I am loving this game. I am really enjoying being able to play split screen online.

11. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah just kind of bummed me out that the didn't add split screen campaign. My wife is scared of playing against real people =(

12. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Yes that would be nice. My wife is the same way but she is getting use to playing. I am sure some of the teams I have played on would prefer she wasn't playing though.:D

13. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Played one game online full of retards talking shit... Then went back to Combat Training. Much better and it feels like I'm playing with people that don't actually annoy me. Level 23 or something right now. Not really interested in it beyond unlocking new guns and perks. Campaign is cracking too.

14. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Haha I would if I could Booch but I'm playing on the PC! Good way to level up is do challenges as switch weapons/attachments so more are available.

15. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Thee Blackish Operations

So black ops has been out for two weeks and personally I think it is the greatest cod game if not the greatest fps game out there. The campaign story is amazing and the multiplayer is insane. Right now I'm a first prestige level 44 and my kd is 1.75. You can leave your comments on the game below, also your stats too and any tips you have for anyone else. Id love to get a big discussion going. Don't forget about guns either, right now using the ak74 and only the ak74. Thanks for feedback in advance and let's get this thread going.

16. Hdsn21

Hdsn21 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Infinity Ward definitely does better campaigns and has a more 'clean' multiplayer. Treyarch's campaign for BO was defnitely (compared to MW2's) lackluster in my opinion. Kinda boring to be honest. However, they removed a lot of cheap tactics from multiplayer, making BO's multiplayer a ton better than MW2's.

17. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    The whole thing is meh, but I will admit this is way better than cod 4 or 6

18. PhxBangBus602

PhxBangBus602 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2010
    I've played it at my cousin's house and it was decent.

19. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I enjoy the fact that quickscoping is out of the game. That really ruined my experience on modes like S&D where it was a necessity if you wanted to stay alive for more than one encounter. I don't like that they have removed any reason to snipe in the game. Even though i wasn't good at it, I enjoyed sniping a couple of people, moving positions and getting a few more... True sniping. None of these oppurtunities exist in Black Ops which saddens me.

20. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Kd and tip: 1.75 and play your own way, be the ultra hybrid killing machine and don't be afraid to change your playing style for certain situations. Overall, be smart!