Call of Duty: Black Ops

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Rezur, Nov 9, 2010.

1. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Never owned a COD game before. Really like BO though. Played a game online and came first on my first attempt haha.

Really like how you can play Zombies mode on Solo. Very, very cool for a solitary gamer.

Played a little segment of the Campaign, solid and exciting. Not bad at all.

EDIT: @Johnny. COD games rarely end up in the bargain bin. I remember looking at 4 a year after release and it was still only £30.

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    That's true... until I'm either feeling rich or really bored then :)

3. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Overall: Meh. It's MW2 with old guns mixed in with new ones. I was going to buy it, but then I played it at my friends house and realized it's not really worth it. Although it does have zombies...

4. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    The zombies are extremely hard compared to WAW too though.

5. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Sell some shizzle on eBay my man.

6. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Wow I never would have thought.... Damn treyarch and ur floating apples. What next? Floating pears? What has the world come tooooo?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!

7. fallenashes

fallenashes Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    yes
    definition of kijib btw.

8. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    To be honest the last good COD game was WaW.

9. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Its worth getting, its just not "Game of the Year" worth getting if you know what I mean. The multiplayer won't give you any kind of amazing/awe feeling like MW1 gave most people when it was released. But Black Ops is still fun enough to play, just not as fun as it could have been if they touched it up a bit more.

10. StarCraftIsGreat

StarCraftIsGreat Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Wow, the campaign is way way short. I'm less than three hours into and I'm over half way done. Other than that, I like it.

Still can't view the server list though. :/

11. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    yup. Beat the campaign today. Started it today too. Its good, but short, and a little confusing.

12. Derochea72

Derochea72 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    This call of duty is officially the worst one of the bunch when it comes to online Since when does it take 4 pulls of the trigger shooting someone in the face to kill them with the m16. So glad this is the last call of duty because it only looks good and plays like crap. Battlefield is a far superior game to cod and much more balanced and the real kicker is that when you shoot someone in battlefield they die unlike cod and there is no lagging in battlefield whatsoever again unlike cod, I could go on forever but the bottom line is that cod sucks and needs to be put to rest.

13. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Who said this was the last CoD? It isn't.

14. Derochea72

Derochea72 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    I could have sworn that it was said this was the last one and if it's not the last one the others that follow this game will not bear the name cod in the title.
    That's what I heard and if I find the proof then I will post it. But I hope its the last one because they still haven't got the multiplayer working correctly after 4 attempts. All the do is change the maps - graphics - and a few other elements but keep the same old broken gameplay and I must say that I am fed up with it and treyarch and infinity ward don't deserve the money they are getting for the same f---ed up game over and over again

15. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    Yeah, Activision ain't done yet. I suppose credit must be given to them for trying to change things up and such, but I can't help but think that being a Space Marine is going to be much different than their presently-defined system.

16. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    Wait til the ex-IW heads (now Respawn Entertainment) create their first game under EA. It should be quite impressive.

17. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    how many maps in MP? also, which one reigns supreme? MW2 or BO

18. StarCraftIsGreat

StarCraftIsGreat Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Actually, this is the most balanced CoD game since CoD2, and even that was overpowered with the snipers.

19. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Are you joking? All the SMGs except the Ak-74u are jokes and the Ak-74u is ridiculously good. The assault rifles are really strong too (they have like no recoil??) and so is the AUG. Snipers are useless since there isn't a good map for sniping and quickscoping isnt an option.