Call of Duty: Black Ops

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Rezur, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Rezur

Rezur Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    #1 Rezur, Nov 9, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
    Here you can discuss everything Black Ops, friend request one another and all that good stuff.

[​IMG]

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    How's the campaign? No one knows!

3. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    The reason people are talking about it in there is because that's where shit like this goes. Not in it's own thread.

4. Shawn Micheal

Shawn Micheal New Member

Nov 4, 2010
    still stuck on COD MWF2 special ops :D
    any tip guys , plz

5. Rezur

Rezur Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    #5 Rezur, Nov 9, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
    Yeah I guess, but since it's such a big title and all, I think it deserves it's own thread. Plus, I like having a thread about one specific thing and not have it be interrupted with other nonsense. I think it's a lot simpler ;)

6. Rezur

Rezur Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    The campaign looks way more interesting than the previous Call of Duties that's for sure.

7. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I picked it up tonight for the PS3, first game of multiplayer deathmatch I went 28-5. The gameplay is very smooth and super fun from what I've played of it so far, they fixed all that annoying stuff that plagued MW2, like the ridiculous delays between actions(switching weapons/throwing a grenade in slow mo...etc.)

Black Ops plays great. I still have to test out all the maps so I'm just reporting on the gameplay right now.

8. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Bring a friend over. Everything becomes so much easier in multiplayer.

9. PhxBangBus602

PhxBangBus602 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Does anyone know what the max level is?

10. PhxBangBus602

Nov 7, 2010
    I doubt it since you barely started but have you encountered any overpowered weapons or streaks yet?

11. StarCraftIsGreat

StarCraftIsGreat Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    The max level is 50. There are 15 prestiges.

I'm picking it up hopefully this week, and hopefully playing all day Thursday. PC.

12. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    The gameplay is smooth. I only played 2 online death matches so far and then I took a break from multiplayer to try the singleplayer, where I played through the first 3 missions. Gameplay is just as smooth. The campaign is intense and the story is interesting/engaging, much better than MW2.

13. PhxBangBus602

Nov 7, 2010
    Ugh, 15 prestige levels? Well, at least the max level isn't 70.

Play some more online matches!

14. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Hope gamefly sends this my way.

And 15 presitge levels? I doubt I will do it once. lol

15. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Guys it's really easy to rank up though. I've played around 11 hours and I'm rank 34. I thought I'd just stop at level 50, but then mp would get so boring.

16. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah but for someone who doesn't really have as much time (like myself) it gets discouraging after prestiging. Plus I suck, like bad. So it'll take me a while LOL

17. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I hate prestige. I work for a high level and it wants me to start over? No thanks, I'll go play Sonic on the Genesis if I wanna see what it's like starting a game from the beginning.

...or y'know, just wait a few months and the next CoD will be out.

18. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah same here. It just seems so... lame. LOL like I said before though, it's probably because it takes me so long to get up there anyways.

19. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I kind of liked the prestige process in MW2 because I found myself using completely different guns each time. Unlocking everything was the fun part for me, I found myself getting bored incredibly quickly when MW2 just turned in to team deathmatch with no reward.

That said, I'm not sure how interested I am in Black Ops. I'm kind of tired of modern day military shooters. They're all so incredibly similar it's sickening.

20. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    yeah, you know what this game seems like.. an upgraded version of World at War with a better more interesting singleplayer campaign, some added online features/modes and more modern looking maps, and a funner/much improved setup to leveling up in multiplayer. I'm not gonna tell anyone the game isn't fun because I'm having a blast playing it, much more fun than my impression/tolerance of MW2 allowed me to have. But still this game has no revolutionary feel to it, its just good to own and fun to play. From what I've played so far I'd probably give it a 9/10...the graphics and effects are a lot less than I what expected but thankfully they don't take away from the fun/smoothness of the gameplay.