Universal Call of Duty Black Ops: Zombies (by Activision)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Takeo_Masaki

Takeo_Masaki Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    Yey an update finallyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!########

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Let us know how it plays for you.

3. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    #723 Quazonk, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
    I'm interested to hear if the issue I pointed out is happening to everyone, or if it's 6+ exclusive. I swear that's the one device on the platform that has the most device-exclusive issues and bugs. I'm just hoping that there's a new zombies iOS game released to coincide with the release of Black Ops 3 next month. After playing this one yesterday, I realized that it has not aged well.

4. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    If this performs well on an iPhone 6 I'll finally buy it.

5. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    It doesn't perform week it plays so and is a bad game now

6. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Played it running iOS 9.1 beta 5 on a 5C. The screen control wasn't choppy, however it was very restricted compared to how it was in the past. I went in the settings and turned up the sensitivity and that made it fine.

7. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Alright, since I missed this the first go around, I'm gonna spend the $7. I've got to respect Activision for doing their part and not taking the expected route that other big developers have so lazily gone down lately.

8. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #728 rIcHrAnDoM, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    Just thought I'd come back here to stay warm others...they may have updated this to play on newer devices, but multiplayer is busted. I've tried over 30 times to play online and it takes me to different stages of the matchmaking process but ultimately it either hangs up, or closes out. Sorry to have to report this but that was the draw for me to pay $7 for this. No multiplayer is a no go for me. I'll be requesting a refund immediately.

edit: My faith in Apple Support has been somewhat restored, after the whole Bioshock-MHFU DEBACLE, they are refunding my $$$ for this game.

9. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Yes the multiplayer is broken.

10. CJH

CJH Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Some impressions from the update using an iPhone 6s:

As someone mentioned earlier, the sensitivity is really low by default. Even cranked all the way up it still feels a bit low, but it's playable.

I ran into a strange bug (on the Call of the Dead map) where zombies would come out of the ground and just stand there, not moving or attacking. Restarting the map fixed it.

I haven't tried playing online, but I'll take everyone else's word for it and assume it's broken.

Overall, I'm just happy it works again. I enjoyed this back in the iPhone 4s days and it's good to see it back. I've been playing the original COD Zombies a lot (which surprisingly has not broken despite the lack of updates since 2010) and it's nice to get a change of scenery.

11. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I was given a refund by Apple for the broken multiplayer. I love supporting great games/devs, but the main draw of this game is the online aspect. Hopefully it becomes functional in the future, if so I'll have no problem purchasing it again.

12. Quazonk

Mar 30, 2011
    What I'm hoping for, is for this game to be a bit of a community-stimulating appetizer for a new iOS zombies game. World at War had a zombies app released to complement it, as did Black Ops. It came late so it sort of bridges Black Ops 1 & 2, and I'm reeeeally crossing my fingers for a Black Ops 3 zombies iOS game. The hardware has come such a long way in the few years since this was released, I'd love to see what a more flesh-out version of zombies on iOS would be like.

13. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Right there with you bud, I'd pay upwards of $15 for a better zombies game. Be it based off of black ops II or III. Graphical fidelity would be astounding given present technology, considering what was possible nearly 4 years ago when Black ops zombies was released.

14. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
  15. tobidayao

tobidayao Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    Philippines
    does this game work/playable? want to buy it cause it's on sale. don't care about the online coop, will just play it offline.

16. Quazonk

Mar 30, 2011
    It works and is playable. It just doesn't work all that well. The update seems to have dropped the turn sensitivity down significantly, and for me on my 6 plus looking around is annoyingly choppy to the point that I deleted it. But for 2 bucks you may just want to see for yourself.

17. tobidayao

tobidayao Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    Philippines
    It works great on my 5s even on the highest setting, haven't seen any lag yet, and yeah, turning seems slow that you have to swipe several times just to turn, turning up the sensitivity all the way kind a helps. Tried online coop, but it says the type of connection I have does not support online multiplayer, don't know what does it mean, but overall, satisfied with my purchase, this is my favorite game now, though I thought it was an adventure game like modern combat or resident evil, it seems like it is just a survival game.haha

18. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Is the multiplayer a Game Center issue ? Or a developer issue? Hope it gets fixed either way

19. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    I wonder if there is others than me from TA still playing this legendary game? It’s ultra hard to find other players in multiplayer which is very sad. 6 years old game but still solid fun.

20. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    My apologies for reviving an old thread, but I just wanted to share with those who may have purchased Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies in the past and still have it in there accounts and may of forgotten about it.

I mean who doesn't love a great premium first person zombie shooter game.

For whatever reason Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies version 1.3.5 had stopped working on iPadOS 17.0.3. It would install with no problem or warning, no game icon on the home screen nor did it show up in the list of apps.

This afternoon I updated to iPadOS 17.1 via a .ipsw clean restore and re-installed Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies version 1.3.5 and I am so glad it is now once again working.

Please keep in mind, that I only play the single player missions and I can't speak for the multiplayer mode.