Universal Call of Champions (by Spacetime Studios, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by IzumiNowa, Aug 18, 2015.

1. nijoos

nijoos Member

Oct 3, 2013
    This.

2. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    omg, just being able to got in my first time ever solo ranked play, it was fun

3. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    #43 henryfakesmile, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    the solo rank match is started to get rolling, got in 10 really nice matches today!
    and the que time of versus match are like instant!!! jesus christ the game is getting huge

4. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    I noticed that too. My average que time is about 8 seconds.

5. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Same. Very pleased with the pops. I'm debating dropping some money on premium but I rarely do with free to play games. I may with this one just to get some champions because some of the free ones I've played have been awesome! Love that the free champion rotation is daily, not weekly.

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    How many practice matches do you have to play to get into a real game? Best practice twice but it's still not an option to play again real people and I find practice very boring.

7. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    I think it's only 4 or 5 matches before versus mode opens up.

8. tobidayao

tobidayao Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    Philippines
    This is my first time playing a MOBA game. I haven't tried that genre on any platforms. I tried this cause I read that it is "first time user friendly" on a MOBA genre and as TA's game of the week it made more convince to try it. So here are my insights about the game:
    -Easy to understand the game play.
    -I wish you could make the skills to just 3 per character instead of 5, I feel like some of the skills are just the same/repetitive that basically you could remove the other skill and could still perform the same combo. And it would make the mastery of each character easier and I think I'll enjoy the game that more, and appreciate each of the character's skills better.
    -Really good for mobile gaming, I like the small file size, it is enjoyable on a small screen, graphics and controls are good, and no lag or whatsoever (using an iP5s btw).
    -Not that addictive

Thank you for this game, and I hope you could listen to my suggestion.

9. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    I just started playing this and I think it's pretty cool. Add Retro#5724 if you'd like!

10. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    I haven't decided if I like the costs of the champions yet. Seems to be on-par with PC mobas as far as RMT is concerned.

The daily quests are fairly generous and don't exclude new players from completing them based on the three champions you get for free to start with (an earth, ice, and light champion). 400k in-game currency per champion. I've played probably five or six games a day this week and have about 125k gold. I'm also NOT a premium player so that'd be quite a bit more with the bonus.

11. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Anybody notice some pretty severe battery drain with this game? It's killing mine pretty quickly to the tune of a couple % per game. Easily. Even in the background I notice it seems to drain the battery.

12. Devok

Devok Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2013
    #52 Devok, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    Even vainglory forums are talking about this one, people are leaving to, it's kind of funny how this game haS stolen large player base from VG, keep up the work COC. the fast pairing matches compared to VG which takes up to 5min at times is obsurd, this game shows where the real players are at, less than 10sec que.

For the people complaining about this games flaws and Heros, Bare in mind that this game just got released And many updates are to come, it will only get better.

13. Sevallis

Sevallis Active Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Male
    This game is a lot of fun and there is plenty of strategy to be had within the short time frame. It's just the right length for me, and I have made quite a few friends who make playing even better with the bonuses and the skilled teamwork.

I enjoy the support classes, and have made enough of in game currency to buy an extra hero. I'm not sure why anybody would *not* try this game if they like a polished MOBA.

14. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Got to playing this a little more. Enhoyable little spurts of in your face arena. Never much of a dull moment.

Add me Booch138 if you wanna team up. I'm decent ;)

(Not joking, just went 9-1 earlier lmao)

15. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Damn this game is highly addicting. Just got hooked! Already got 13-0 in one game. Wew! I absolutely love the quick 5/4 minute games. Depth is also there, if you're willing to create some tactics.

16. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah, I mean there really is no depth in terms of character development outside of the tier-upgrade-per-hero-system-that-I-admittedly-don't-100%-understand during the battle, but there are enough abilities for even straight DPS "assassin" type chars to support or make coherent synergy. The tactics, because of that, makes you really focus on knowing where to be and when to strike and how to play your roles. And for THAT I am happy about. I still like Vainglory because the character development feels a lot more like a PC MOBA scaled down. Call of Champions is to MOBA what Hearthstone is to TCG's; and I'm entirely cool with that.

Add me if you wanna murk some fools!

17. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    #57 fabianb, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    Sure what is your ingame name? Can't find booch138

KD is currently 170-64 lol.

18. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Looks like they even took the naming system out of blizzards playbook XD

Booch138#3282 is the whole tag. Suppose that makes a difference.

And mine is only 34-19 ATM. Still putting time in!

19. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Alright I send a request.

Damn i'm really in love with this game. The 5 min battles and polish are so good.

20. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Dude I'm on the same boat, I've actually all but abandoned Vain Glory. It's at a point now where if I wanna get my 30 minute battles in, I end up playing Heroes of the Storm. I'll probably still play it at work from time to time, but the quick 5 minute battles and the actual quick paced strategy involved and learning what 3 Champs synergize best with each other (two buddies and I have been running Zaar, Galen Ulric combos as well as Violet, Magmatus, Ulric combos that work equally as well) but all in all it's super action packed and the 5 minute games at a time makes it easy to get a game or two in in quick bursts. Coupled with the fairly minuscule wait times and polished matches... it's just an extremely good game.