Universal Calculords (by Ninja Crime)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Greyskull, Feb 22, 2014.

1. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I don't play or enjoy brain games and I love this. :)

It depends how willing you are to get efficient at it. I was taking an embarrassing amount of time to complete when I first started, but now it's become much more intuitive. You get more ideas on manipulating the numbers, and you see the numbers more and more so before long you you're putting it all together. Plus you can chose the numbers which appear in your deck. Maybe you have 8 and 7. Subtract them and get 1 which becomes extremely versatile.

2. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Took the plunge after reading the TA article (thanks) and I can honestly say this may be game of the year for me.
    It's got everything and more.
    Strategy, card play, logic, humour and yes, a little pinch of luck. But most of all, you have to think, and plan.....
    It's just amazing.
    I mean I even used a negative number just now to get all my numbers out so that I could then play the all important tank card to block a row of baddies which then meant I could win the game on the next turn with my grunts.
    Thank you dev for making maths fun......

3. Mack the Knife

Mack the Knife Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    #143 Mack the Knife, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
    yep, i just now noticed those. i guess before i was too busy looking at all the cool creature designs :D

i've seen the tanks (who themselves occupy 2 zones) move forward only 2. as someone pointed out, movement only "matters" when you're moving in on their base. i've seen guys unopposed and within 4 zones of the base take 2 turns to get there. oh well...

i got an email from Sean Reiley, one of the developers, and he said they will soon fix the OFF: and PUSH: totals being reversed in the deck editor. i replied and asked about save games and he hasn't responded.

THIS just reported at Pockettactics per Seanbaby:

"We are definitely adding more to the game– first up will be a version for Android users, then multiplayer. And some new cards and enemy commanders."

4. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Sorry for the late response, Mack. I missed this. I'll hit him up on twitter about it if nobody else has on his feed. I did send him a link to this thread for feedback. Hopefully he's at least visited.

5. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    #145 ScotDamn, Feb 25, 2014
    Just read your above post, I guess we have an update. Nice. :)

Great insight interview! http://www.pockettactics.com/news/ios-news/calculords-multiplayer-coming-says-seanbaby/

6. Pickman

Pickman Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Not only did i play this game non stop since my last post, in a sudden rush i bought all of the card packs in one go.

I really think the makers of this game should be rewarded for the great game and for the great way it handles free to play and iap's.

7. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    #147 CoreyB, Feb 25, 2014
    How do you build other decks? When I go into the editor it just shows deck 1, I don't see a way to change it deck 2 or 3.

Edit: figured it out right after posting, it is changed through the load button.

8. Xaintrix

Xaintrix Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    Is it wrong to have Yakko's multiplication song from Animaniacs stuck in my head? It runs nonstop as I mill over my longer moves to get the calculord bonus.

9. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I'm liking this a lot so far, but why is there no division? Is it because it could make fractions?

Also, is anyone else having trouble with button press responsiveness? I'm on an iPad Air.

10. Mack the Knife

Jun 21, 2012
    #150 Mack the Knife, Feb 25, 2014
    why add division? nobody wants it, the game doesn't need it. why factor in another variable when all people will do is bitch because it rounds up when it should round down. who needs it? anyone for logarithms? :)rolleyes:)

yes, others on ipads seem to have touch sensitivity issues. read back a few pages and you'll see.

@Pickman - and all the cards show up on the top row of your editor right? no problems with them showing up?

11. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    One of the first things I did in the tutorial is try to divide something. So, I wouldnt say noone wants it. I can live without it, not the same thing though.

12. Mack the Knife

Jun 21, 2012
    all that means is you don't follow directions very well.

13. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Any advice for beating the 3rd boss? That's the one with the mutate tactic.

14. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Anyone buy any of the IAP card packs? If so, any advice on what to buy?

15. jnt325

jnt325 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    I'd love to see division as well. Seems like an easy solution would be only allowing division that results in whole numbers. Definitely not needed, but I've missed it on a few occasions. Still my favorite game of the year so far regardless.

16. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I get that you don't need division, and maybe the game doesn't either. I was just curious why it was left out. No need to be a dick to anyone.

17. Topherunhinged

Topherunhinged Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    It pretty easy to see why division was left out, just divide 35 by 2.

18. Mack the Knife

Jun 21, 2012
    just stating a fact sweetie. nowhere in the tutorial do those big green arrows point you towards a division sign. and lighten up, it was intended to be funny.

"I was just curious why it was left out."
    and why did you think we would know?

19. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Still not sure why.

20. Topherunhinged

Topherunhinged Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    What would you do with 17.5? Up, down? It's a stupid and needless complication and I don't want to round in my head out to several digits. Might as well just add exponents at that point, at least there'd be no non-whole numbers with positive integers.