Universal Calculords (by Ninja Crime)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Greyskull, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    4 things that would make this game perfect:

1. A save feature
    2. Multiplayer (for longevity)
    3. Fix the IPad touch issues
    4. 2 more A.I opponents, after Fancy Bot (the difficulty spikes much too quickly after him)

Otherwise, love the game.

2. Mack the Knife

Mack the Knife Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    i just kept playing Fancybot until i reached a higher level, got more hit points for my home base, got better cards after each win, and got in some good practice.

3. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    5. As suggested earlier: a clear (last step) and clear all button like a real calculator.

4. Jake7905

Jun 20, 2013
    Good call, that would be a welcome addition (pun intended) as well.

5. Jake7905

Jun 20, 2013
    I did the same thing. Bought the club pass and then replayed Fancybot until I was at level 10, then bot number 2 was a piece of cake. It just unfortunate that you have to replay the first level so many times. A couple of extra beginner levels (just a little bit tougher then Fancybot) would help a lot.

6. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    To be fair, you could replay those levels with different decks to try and get all the different goals.

7. Mack the Knife

Jun 21, 2012
    understood but you're looking at a major revision so i doubt it would happen in the near term. Tastyfish (i had fish tonight) has an idea, playing with different deck builds would introduce some variety in having to play Fancybot so often.

8. kirua

kirua Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    I'm thinking that a deck with all numbers and cards with even costs would be pretty easy to handle...

I need more cards before I can test that though.

9. Mack the Knife

Jun 21, 2012
    Is there some rule of thumb for how far each unit moves forward each turn? Anyone know how that's determined? Did I miss this in the tutorial? Are there tick marks on the lanes that show the next advancement distance? I know they fight once they meet and don't advance but is there some standard for movement? And I know some vehicles have boosts to their movement but what's the base? Anyone know?

10. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    I think it's 4 but I'm not sure. The fancybot jokes about it at one point. There are markers above the play grid, perhaps you could count those on your first turn?

11. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    +1 to Mack's question. Glad it's not just me. It seems to be that they travel a quarter of the lane at a time. And half a lane if they have double speed. Where exactly they will end up once they've been pushed back or stopped and defeated enemy units, then becomes a little guestimatory. Which could lead to situations where you think you'll win next turn but don't because you miss estimated how close that grunt will get to the enemy base line.

12. Jrec15

Jrec15 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    #132 Jrec15, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
    Yea when you place a unit in a lane, it may be set to move forward 4 spots so it would be in the 5th place the next turn. But when you put another unit in that lane in the same turn, it gets bumped up one. From that point i think the 2 units would show up at the 5th and 6th places. Combine that with different size units (tanks take more space), pushing, double speed and there are quite a few factors that go into movement. Cool aspect of the game though, at first glance i just thought it would be divided into fourths or something but this is way better

13. WillCN

WillCN Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2013
    Anyone want to give me a little rundown of how this game is. Downloaded it but can't play cause I have HW

14. kirua

kirua Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Hmmm, there are 19 grid spaces horizontally, normal units move 4 and Double time moves 10... I think.

You can also push units from behind to move them forward.

15. Jrec15

Jrec15 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Not sure if dev reads here but just got a weird glitch, got both red and blue numbers in the calculator and they are not function right. Adding 2 together may give some other random number for example. No idea what i did but think ill be forced to lose or restart

16. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    Heard good things about this game and played it and I honestly did not care much for it. I like the look of the game but staring and experimenting with numbers for long periods of time trying to get perfect bonuses is rough. I know math but not at a glance and solve in a minute good. I am happy others like it though. It's just to much more like work then it's fun...

17. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    I play brain training games, so I'm probably the target audience for this game. That said I've been experimenting with building my deck based around what arithmetic I know intuitively. In other words the 7 times table can suck my d!@k, and if that's the obvious way to get to a card then it goes in the trash. The same can be said for other difficult numbers, like 17.

Give me 6s, 10s, 12s and 18s all day long

18. silverdreamx

silverdreamx New Member

Feb 25, 2014
    I just started this game today, and I'm liking it! :) I'm still wrapping my head around how to keep getting calculord bonus... I understand the decision not to have a division operator here but sometimes I just kinda miss it, because urgh! there is only one way to make big numbers smaller!

19. Jake7905

Jun 20, 2013
    #139 Jake7905, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
    The game tells you that "Units run forward 4 zones a turn." Unless blocked or pushed. And there are some units that have extra moves, as well as buff cards to consider. But 4 zones a turn is the starting point.

20. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    And check out the flags at the top of the lanes.